What's the reason that Hollywood Studios is changing name for 2nd time?

This is all I was trying to say before I had to get into a semantics war a la Disboards.
Everything I have heard from insiders says disney wants to get rid of everything that involves studios with this park. This is not a working studio and hasn't been for a very long time. Disney wants to make sure people don think of it as a studio anymore therefore studio will be the name getting the boot.

Everything I have heard from insiders says disney wants to get rid of everything that involves studios with this park. This is not a working studio and hasn't been for a very long time. Disney wants to make sure people don think of it as a studio anymore therefore studio will be the name getting the boot.
It's confusing, because of this thread I started snooping. I'm hearing one camp saying they want to kill "studios" and another just as creditable camp saying they want to get rid of "Hollywood". I'm really thinking nobody knows. Just when I find one person that validates my thinking, another says otherwise. Rinse and repeat. We're just gonna have to keep speculating until announcement.

Something that I think people may be forgetting is that they treat the term Hollywood literally, as in the location. If you look under Merriam Webster, the second meaning of Hollywood is a noun defined as American cinema. So if Disney Hollywood Adventure is the name, it could then be both Hollywood the location for the front of the park, and then in the Pixar and Star Wars lands, it would be that second meaning to read as : Disney's (American Cinema) Adventure.

It's confusing, because of this thread I started snooping. I'm hearing one camp saying they want to kill "studios" and another just as creditable camp saying they want to get rid of "Hollywood". I'm really thinking nobody knows. Just when I find one person that validates my thinking, another says otherwise. Rinse and repeat. We're just gonna have to keep speculating until announcement.
I have not found any credible evidence saying that studios would be staying.

Something that I think people may be forgetting is that they treat the term Hollywood literally, as in the location. If you look under Merriam Webster, the second meaning of Hollywood is a noun defined as American cinema. So if Disney Hollywood Adventure is the name, it could then be both Hollywood the location for the front of the park, and then in the Pixar and Star Wars lands, it would be that second meaning to read as : Disney's (American Cinema) Adventure.
Which the majority of the park is Hollywood themed. It really makes the most sense.

I have not found any credible evidence saying that studios would be staying.
Conversely only person claiming the name to be Hollywood adventure is Jim Hill and we all know he's been wrong many times.

It's not that Jim is often wrong, it's that he reports ALL the rumors he hears. Most rumor mongers wait for some sort of confirmation before reporting, Jim reports everything.
The only thing Jim is good for is the history aspect.

I keep hearing Hollywood Adventure too, but isn't that too close to Universal's Island of Adventure?

It's good seeing Hollywood Studios get some attention (ex: Expanding Star Wars and Toy Story), but I think they could create their own Star Wars Park and I'd love to see a Marvel Kingdom.

I keep hearing Hollywood Adventure too, but isn't that too close to Universal's Island of Adventure?

It's good seeing Hollywood Studios get some attention (ex: Expanding Star Wars and Toy Story), but I think they could create their own Star Wars Park and I'd love to see a Marvel Kingdom.
Does Disney care about what universals parks are named?

Disney would not create a single IP based park because it wouldn't succeed. Also marvel cannot and will not come in ride form to WDW.

If I were placing my bets, I'd go with Hollywood Adventure without question. They will obviously keep the "movie" theme, but not "studios" (and no, the studios are not coming back, they died a painful death really), and "Hollywoodland" is already being used at California Adventure (as "Hollywood Land", the former "Hollywood Pictures Backlot"). I struggle to think of any other name that keeps the movie theme that isn't.....really terrible. ("Disney Movie Park!")

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter