What's The Next Thing To Disappear at MK?

Country Bears please just go away already. I can honestly say that i know no one that considers the Country Bears as a top 50 things to at MK
My mom LOVES country bears! It is one we have to do every trip. It is rather funny if you can understand the words.

Also, I love Carousel of Progress. I would even love to see them change it back to how Walt made it in the beginning. It would be cool to see what his vision for the future was. My dad even saw it at the World's Fair!

For that matter, why isn't there a clear separation between Tomorrowland and Fantasyland? That are right at the transition has always taken away from the magic.

The two areas could definitely benefit from melding together a bit better. Once Tomorrowland became based on what the future could have been rather than what will be it fit well enough next to Fantasyland. Despite the science-fictiony atmosphere, just about all the attractions are based on purely fantastical concepts when compared to their previous incarnations(magic monster portal doors, living toys fighting in space, etc. vs. human flight, time travel with a time machine/robots, etc.). If they blended the colors, buildings, and landscaping a bit between the two places I think they'd clash a lot less.

Profits drive the equation.

So, my thesis is that the marginal changes that this thread has suggested will not occur any time soon. Oddly enough, you seem to agree.

Unfortunately, Disney World Execs have a different philosophy. I don't think they'll make any major overhauls soon. With the New Fantasyland bringing in the crowds and the revenue, I doubt that the execs are entertaining any major expansion or remodel ideas for the near future. However, I sincerely hope that in this time of prosperity and ever increasing crowds for the parks that they will at least refurbish the old neglected rides that are in such need of some TLC.

You've both hit it on the head. The supply currently more than meets the demand, the execs have no reason to invest anything else in MK at the moment.

The NFL expansion was massive as was the implementation of the magic band system (not park exclusive but a huge money sink) and the expansion of the Castle hub. Reinvestment in each park is theoretically not a zero sum game but realistically the head honchos are going to be looking at ways to justify ticket price increases in the other three, currently underutilized, properties in the resort.

Partly due to the overhauls and construction in the other parks, I really doubt we'll see MK get anymore major changes for at least a decade. Maybe we'll lose minor things that don't need replacing immediately and gain a new gift shop or even a restaurant or two along the way.

Something like removing the Rivers of America and filling it in or taking down Stitch and rebuilding from the ground up would be monumental monetarily. Honestly, as much as I'd love to see some things change in MK I'd rather they divert the time, effort, and money into building and updating Epcot, AK, and HS. Especially Epcot, every time I walk into the old Wonders of Life pavilion during the festivals and catch a glimpse of the old entrance to Body Wars my heart breaks just a little bit.

Or maybe they could spend some of that money to beef up security at the Food and Wine festival because the crowds become more belligerent every year. :drinking1

Taking bets on the next attraction to close it's doors forever at the Magic Kingdom.

My money is on either Tomorrowland Indy Speedway getting a much needed re-imagining or Stitch being put out of it's misery.

TTA.

Never!!! Every park should have a version of the TTA. But only with the old narration.

NOW APPROACHING: WALT DISNEY'S CAROUSEL OF PROGRESS

I kind of miss the old narration too. The new one's fun, but a bit boring a few times in a row.

Love the idea of remaking speedway with a Wreck it Ralph theme, but we need to keep some of the smell and the vrooming....i agree it helps make the ride.

Stich needs to go, we have only been on it once...in 2006. I'm not sure what else should go there though. I thought that Alien Encounter would fit EPCOT better, over by mission space but then there are all the other space rides in tomorrowland. so maybe not.

I would like to see Tom Sawyers Island a bit more parent friendly, open polly's again. i want to rock while the kids play around. I hate having to follow them all over the place, it seems like it should be more relaxing than it is. Also, with Jungle Cruise just needs a sprucing up and different spiels. I would like each ride to be a surprise...maybe let every captain ad lib! lol

I think the treehouse because no one under 40 has seen the movie, and if they have, it's just a tad corny.

I thought there was a plan to turn it into the tree from Pixie Hollow and make that whole area much more fairy centric. Maybe the fairies didn't gain the popularity Disney planned on them gaining. But they seemed to be headed that way three or four years ago with the Tink M&G right nearby, and then it all petered out (I know, bad pun, but I couldn't think of other wording).

I'll bet the speedway goes electric within five years. They won't change much about it, but the cars will be a lot quieter.

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who's father works at WDW said FP+ will be available for the last remaining park bench starting in Sept 2016
FIFY

Every time I go to WDW, I expect to see Carousel of Progress gone. We love it, but it's in dire need of an update. I know it's "one of Walt's," but, well...
Me too. It's also occupying an incredibly important piece of real-estate. Now that the Skyway station and Galaxy Palace Theater are gone, add CoP's footprint to that area and you have a *very* serious expansion pad.

Off topic...sort of....but I sure wish that they'd do a tiny update on Carousel of Progress....it has always been a great spot to sit down and unload in cool air, but boy, it smells so old, carpet and chairs are stained....it has the appearance that it is holding on for dear life!
Not to mention how outdated the modern scene is. Last time we rode it we laughed at the references to new technology that are long past like they laser disk.

In addition to what you noticed above we also noticed how many things didn't move anymore on the stages and the TV showing the flight game was out as well.

I'd be happy if they would hold off on anything new and just focus on maintaining what is there. You don't have to shut down an entire ride to just clean things up some. CoP could be done one theater at a time, pull a car out of buzz and fix it so the black light doesn't show the chips and how dirty they are.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter