What's The Next Thing To Disappear at MK?

What could be done at Epcot? They need some refurbishments but otherwise it's pretty perfect to me!

The next thing to go in The Magic Kingdom is ...wow I really thought hard and I can't think of anything really useless or not popular but can't think of too many...

Peter Pans flight needs an update I suppose I think it looks dated inside

There is a ton of empty real estate at Epcot right now that could be utilized for new attractions. Heck, they could probably do something incredible with the Wonders of Life Pavilion

I would LOVE to see them do away with that darn Speedway. Why not do a CARS theme if you want something for kids that like cars
YES, YES, and thousand times YES!!! Anyone know if there is enough space to build a Radiator Springs Racers where the Speedway currently resides?

I think Tomorrowland is getting an overhaul after the movie.

Speaking of which, there is a serious disconnect going on with marketing!! You can't find a single T-shirt, pin, poster, nothing! I already have my tix for the movie and I missed them giving out the pins for APs at Epcot, so had to get off eBay ugh but anyway you can't see any tie in at ALL at the actual Tomorrowland. How could that be??

Very excited for the movie tho...

I agree. I think they'll get rid of the Rivers of America. IMO the goal of the current management is to increase theme park capacity. If they cement up the Rivers of America they could build more gift shops and restaurants.
Exactly what I was thinking, Rivers of America can go it was a waste of time last month. I'm sure they can mix in a ride or two with the new shops and restaurants.

Of all the times I have been to Disneyland and Disney World over the past 30+ years, my trip in Oct of last year was the first time I have seen the Country Bear Jamboree, same for my wife and the reason we decided to see it was because we felt it would soon be gone so I guess the Country Bears gets my vote.

I wouldn't be sad to see the Speedway go. They could probably replace it with two smaller attractions, maybe even three.

It would be great if either one were enhanced or replace with something different. However, I don't know if they will be doing too much at MK anytime soon. I think they have their hands full with AK, DHS, and Epcot.
I am amazed that the "Tomorrowland Speedway" still has 30 small, high-polluting engines running constantly. Seriously, how much would it cost to swap in golf cart-like cars with removable battery packs. Make sure that the cars still rumble and have "engine noise, " and the kids will never know the difference...

I am amazed that the "Tomorrowland Speedway" still has 30 small, high-polluting engines running constantly. Seriously, how much would it cost to swap in golf cart-like cars with removable battery packs. Make sure that the cars still rumble and have "engine noise, " and the kids will never know the difference...
It and the trams are so stinky!! I seriously don't think Simba would approve (Circle of Life reference). I wouldn't want to work near them.

Stop hating on the Speedway, or even worse suggesting they make it electric. Electric vroom vroom noises would just be ridiculous. The noise, rumble, and vibration are 2/3 of the fun. Could it use a good renovation, yes. I doubt Disney will get rid of it because it normally has a decent line.

Stitch on the other hand is an embarrassment to the park. Can you imagine the wait if they brought back Alien Encounter?

If the Speedway was ditched you would see some sad parents and kids standing by the closed entrance. If Stitch closed it would not even be noticed.

Here is an idea. Bring back a revamped Captain EO in the Alien Encounter/Stitch theater. :)

Tmoo,

As long as you admit it is stinky... Lol whether the line is long or not.

Its the land of tomorrow, future inventions...! And a go kart track that looks like its from the 80s that you can get in any tour town...

Your EO concept is interesting, wonder how they could do it now though with only the footage.

Really to me, a room you sit down on and nearly nothing happens while you sit, I think the whole thing should be scrapped...I can't even think how it can be helped. Even with AE, I sort of found it hokey. I was never convinced, not once. I get a bigger kick out of the bugs under my seat at Bugs Life. Now THAT'S a good effect!

I simply can't admit the Speedway is stinky. Just imagine this without the exhaust puff. :moped: see it would be BORING! Maybe they could get Speedway (that bought out Hess) to sponsor a reboot.

Just think about a Stitch/EO reboot, you could be sprayed with water during a Pepsi commercial and he could moonwalk across the back of your seats! What kind of fun is that? :duck:

I know that the Country Bears attraction is out of date and hokey but I do love Big Al. Maybe he could be moved to Pecos Bills to perform in a way similar to Sonny Eclipse. :)

Off topic...sort of....but I sure wish that they'd do a tiny update on Carousel of Progress....it has always been a great spot to sit down and unload in cool air, but boy, it smells so old, carpet and chairs are stained....it has the appearance that it is holding on for dear life!

What could be done at Epcot? They need some refurbishments but otherwise it's pretty perfect to me
I am firmly in the camp of "not caring about adding characters to WS" providing they actually tie in with the real country.
But honestly, I'm excited for the frozen attraction at Norway because it's got to be better than Maelstrom.
Perhaps they could go ahead and add another couple of countries to WS: Australia, maybe something South Pacific? Something with more actual history or true culture than just visiting the Poly.
But again... Add australia, then I could come and work there!
Plus, (and I mean NO offence here) Americans seem to be very confused in general about australia, and stupid movies like Croc Dundee further push that stereotype.
When I was in the states, locals were fascinated with my husband and I (after incorrectly guessing we were from England or New Zealand :-) ) so I think it would be a popular country to add!

But for MK, I'd like the treehouse to be changed to something more relevant to now.

Taking bets on the next attraction to close it's doors forever at the Magic Kingdom.

My money is on either Tomorrowland Indy Speedway getting a much needed re-imagining or Stitch being put out of it's misery.
I'm not sure folks have included a simple idea - if Disney is at full capacity now, even with all the recently added hotel rooms, why add any new attractions if they cannot generate additional profits?

But since we're simply conjecturing....

Stitch getting rethemed would be my first choice. Wreck-it-Ralph is an excellent idea, for either Stitch or Speedway.

Speedway should become electric vehicles, since gas is from land of yesteryear, not TomorowLand. Then again, I hope gas vehicles become a thing of the past, so keeping antiques might make sense.

Country Bears and Tiki Room are classic animatronics - they are antiques that are not going anywhere. Jungle Cruise is likely in the same boat.

I'm gonna' bet nothing gets done, nor even announced, until at least after AvatarLand opens, and that includes Hollywood Studio makeover.

With Disney World's 50th Anniversary approaching in 6 years - I'd venture a guess that Mr. Iger wants no construction going on around that time and anything major inside MK will take a long time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter