what's the most romantic hotel?

KelseyLaPerle

Mouseketeer
DH and I are likely going to return next July for our 10 year anniversary. We honeymooned at WDW and have been a couple of times since. This trip will be without kids and will be much shorter than we're used to (probably 4 nights), so we'll be able to stay at a nicer place.

I've always liked the Contemporary, but wonder if another one would be more appropriate for an anniversary trip.

Thanks for any suggestions!
~Kelsey

Boardwalk or Animal Kingdom would be my picks, although I would never turn down the Wilderness Lodge as well.

Another vote for Wilderness Lodge! It's beautiful and has a serene, secluded feel to it.

I would also consider Port Orleans French Quarter. Also very beautiful, and small.

Port Orleans French Quarter
It is a nice small resort. While there is limited dining there, DTD is a short ferry ride away or a nice stroll up to River Side.

We love the Boardwalk. There is so much to do at the resort and on the Boardwalk. You can walk to Epcot and HS. We went to Jellyrolls, ate at Flying Fish and the Yachtman's Steak House and were back in our room in five minutes.

Port Orleans-Riverside. Newly refrubed and the most scenic of the resorts (in my opinion).

I asked the cm the same question when i booked our room since we were going for our anniversary as well, she recommended por, but we were looking at the moderates.

we love the grand floridian for just us two

DH and I are likely going to return next July for our 10 year anniversary. We honeymooned at WDW and have been a couple of times since. This trip will be without kids and will be much shorter than we're used to (probably 4 nights), so we'll be able to stay at a nicer place.

I've always liked the Contemporary, but wonder if another one would be more appropriate for an anniversary trip.

Thanks for any suggestions!
~Kelsey

Tough one, but I'd either do Poly or BC/YC. I'd lean towards Poly since it's more relaxing, but BC/YC if you want more "to do's" meaning location is better.

As you can see, your gonna have multiple different responses. Romance can be where you make it. Just take a look at the different hotels, and see what you like the best.

We spent our 10th anniversary (also kid-free) at BWI and fell in love with it! So much so that we returned for our 11th. Our anniversary is in October so the F&WF is going on, so that was one of our initial reasons for picking. Plus we just seem to spend more time at Epcot when it's just the two of us.

The Boardwalk/Beach Club can be really beautiful at night for strolling around the boardwalk with the lights reflecting on the water - or laying on the beach area in front of SAB. :lovestruc :cloud9: :lovestruc :cloud9:

I would recommend that area for sure!

Wow so many choices to choose from but I guess it's all a matter of what your setting your are trying to set but you cannot go wrong with most of the deluxe resorts.
These would be my choices in order;
Animal Kingdom for that African savanna setting
Wilderness Lodge for that cabin setting
Polynesian Resort for that tropical theme
Boardwalk Inn Resort for that waterfront village setting
Grand Floridian Resort for that Victorian elegant setting

They are numerous other reasons to choose these resorts for evening shows, restaurants or proximity to parks.

I hope this helps.

Ft. Wilderness cabins are the best place for peace and quiet at WDW. But with F&W as your focus I'd go with a Boardwalk area resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter