What's the fastest way to get from MGM to Epcot?

deanainnc

Mouseketeer
Need help for anybody that knows is it faster to take the bus, the water taxi or to walk from MGM to Epcot?

Where do you go to catch the water taxi? Do they have a tunnel under the road you walk in to get from park to park or do you have to cross the main road to get there?

If you're mobile, the fastest way is to walk. It's about 20 minutes. The path is along the water and you get to it by walking down toward the bus stops - just go straight when you leave the park, head right when you hit the water and keep bearing left around the bend and you'll see the signs. The path goes under the road - there's an overpass over the water and the path is along the water.

You can take the boat - takes about 30-35 minutes with stops at Swan/Dolphin, Yacht/Beach and Boardwalk between. If you head left as you leave the park you'll see the dock. At Epcot you'll enter at the International Gateway entrance.

If you want to split the difference, you can take the boat, get off at the Swan/Dolphin, cross over to the path on the Boardwalk side and walk the rest of the way.

The bus is probably the slowest way, but if you're going to be doing things at the front of Epcot you won't have to walk through from the IG entrance as the bus drops you at the front of Epcot.

Walk, it's the fastest. You need to leave EPCOT via the International Gateway. If you're walking from Spaceship Earth you will pass Canada and then United Kingdom. Instead of walking over the bridge to France stay straight and pass the World Traveler store and then you will see the exit for the park. After exiting the park walk towards the Boardwalk and after passing the Atlantic Dance Club turn left and keep walking and you will hit MGM. I would say that the walk will take approx. 20 minutes. It all depends up on how fast you walk.

You can also take the boat which leaves from EPCOT just after the International Gateway exit. The boat will take at least 40 minutes because the boat will stop at the Yacht&Beach Club, Boardwalk, Swan & Dolphin and then onto MGM.

We usually stay at the Boardwalk so we make this trip quite often. :thumbsup2

I agree with most of this, except...

If you don't have to WAIT for it, the direct MGM-Epcot BUS is the FASTEST way.
The actual bus TRIP is under 10 minutes, plus the walk to the gate.
But that's only an advantage if you want to enter at the front gate.

Walking (to WS entance) will take 25-35 minutes (depends on your pace) and the boat takes virtually dead-on 30 minutes (PLUS the waiting and loading time.)

So... about a half-hour to WS/International Gataway (good for IllumiNations following Fantasmic!) or 10-15 minutes to FW/Front gate by bus.

deanainnc said:
Need help for anybody that knows is it faster to take the bus, the water taxi or to walk from MGM to Epcot?

Where do you go to catch the water taxi? Do they have a tunnel under the road you walk in to get from park to park or do you have to cross the main road to get there?

To get to the water taxi, you head to the left as you leave MGM studios. (Whereas the bus area is to the right.) If you've always taken the bus, then it's easy to miss, but once you know it's there...

I suppose it depends on your reason for going to Epcot, if you are going in for dinner in the WS, then the IG entrance will put you there.

The bus might be faster, but the boat is nicer. In the evening, the Boardwalk is quiet pretty. It's also not bad to take the boat partway, and walk the rest. From MGM to the Swan, the scenery isn't great, but if you get off at the Swan, and you're a fast walker, you'll beat the boat. Walking the first leg probably isn't much faster than the boat, and it's a nice break.

I think the bus will be fastest, even if you have to wait for it. It takes me 15-20 minutes to walk from MGM to the Swan, and I walk at a good clip - so add an extra 10 minutes or so more for Epcot.

This sounds like an option for us this December... but is there any problem walking this path after dark? i.e. will the walking path be closed after dark?

We want to see the lights at the Studios and make it to Le Cellier by 8:10.

disneyfan219 said:
This sounds like an option for us this December... but is there any problem walking this path after dark? i.e. will the walking path be closed after dark?

No problem. Sidewalk is lit with streetlamps.
We've walked at night several times.
But we take the boat when its available (Queue not backed up.)
Plenty of walking at WDW without adding that extra 3/4 of a mile or so that late in the day.

path is lit up, and it is quite a peaceful walk after dark.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter