What's the earliest you've seen gingerbread at GF?

mrsjoannh13

DIS Veteran
For those of you who have been in November, what is the earliest you've seen the Gingerbread house set up at Grand Floridian? We will be there 11/9 - 11/14 and want to make a trip over to GF to see the display. I'm hoping we're not too early if we go the last day of our trip (11/14). Anyone ever see it in mid-November?

Last year it opened on the 21st and I think they started constructing it a week earlier. In 2013 it opened on Nov 16th. So based on that information, you may be able to see the it during its construction phase.

In 2011, it was only in the building phase around 11/8-11/14 during that trip. I was solo so I would take my time going place to place so I walked through GF a couple of times. Either 11/13 or 11/14, it was mostly built, but there were no finishing touches.

My guess is that you might get to see the in process version, although if it did not open until later last year, it might not be too far along.

They opened it the Friday before Thanksgiving last year(it was our last day staying there). I think it takes about 2 weeks to complete the construction that guests can see- so if the end of you trip is less than 3 weeks before Thanksgiving you have a chance.

I was there the second week of Novemeber and saw them completely construct it. They opened it the day after I left but it was really cool to come back at night and see the progress. They also pass out free gingerbread throughout different times of the day. You'll definitely see it. It may not be finished but you'll get a chance to see how they construct it. It was definitely the highlight and they literally decorated the entire resort in one night. I got back around 11 and there were people everywhere with supplies getting ready to decorate. The next morning everything was up except for the tree.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter