What's the difference between a Preferred room and a Water View room at CBR?

PrincessHeather'sMom

DIS Veteran
We've booked CBR, room only, and went with a 'Preferred Room'. There was no difference in price for the preferred room or the water view room. I would think a preferred room would be a water view... Just curious.

When you book a preferred room at the CBR, you will be guaranteed a room in either Trinidad North or Martinique. These two villages are on either side of Old Port Royale (main pool, food court, store, etc.). A water view at any Disney resort means you will be looking at either a swimming pool or a lake. I, personally, wouldn't pay the extra money for a water view.

At CBR Preferred has to do with proximity to the food court (Old Port Royal). You would be somewhere in the first three buildings of Martinique (24, 25, or 26) or else in Trinidad North (31, 32, 33). Your room may face a quiet pool, lake, courtyard, or parking lot. My preferred room in Martinique 24 faced a courtyard, even though I requested lake view.

The water view rooms are scattered all over the resort and may be facing the lake, a quiet pool, fountain, bird bath, etc. It may be in a building furtherest from the food court, but if you can spot any water from it, it's considered a water view. I might pay more for a preferred room at CBR, but never would for a water view.

Personally I think the preferred rooms are worth it, the water view is not. Even if you are on the back of the building there is such lush landscaping that you still have a great view.

One time I booked a waterview and had a great room on the beach in Aruba.I had requested Aruba or Jamaica. It was far from the food court, the farthest water room you could get in Aruba from OPR. The next time I booked a standard room and requested Aruba or Jamaica and got neither. What we got was a parking lot room in Barbados. I asked the CM for something where I requested (of course like everyone else I had requested the popular 2 buildings in Aruba and Jamaica.), and he said he couldn't do it as they were occupied during our stay. I shouldn't have been surprised here because if Everyone requests those rooms, they can't be available to everyone. You can't always count on your requests to be met. So if you have a need, I can see requesting prefered. Anyone the point is: at first I was very dissapointed, but then, it turned out great, as we were super close to the bus stop, could actually see if a bus we wanted went by. Given the park hopping we do, this turned out to be a huge benefit. The walk to OPR was actually not bad at all with a great view. Of course, we are all in great shape. The preferred rooms are super close to OPR, so if that is important to you due to health issues, then it would be worth the extra bucks. Agree with others about waterview. Would you like to pay extra bucks and then look at the pool? Personally I feel this is a beautiful resort and anywhere you are is nice. Also the walk is beautiful. Especially in the early am. :yay:
In fact writing this makes me wonder why I'm going to CSR this year instead. Just wanted to try something new I guess.:confused3 No worries, when I read one of those messages, I'll be all excited about that one! LOL.:rotfl:

I have to agree with the others, I wouldn't pay for the water view. We were given a free upgrade to a water view last August and out of our trips to CBR that room was our least favorite. Although being by Aruba's quiet pool was nice, we actually prefer to be by the parking lot and bus stop.

Thanks for your input! Walking is no problem for us. My initial thought was I don't want a view of a parking lot, anything but a parking lot, but then I read the one post about it being convenient to the bus stop. But again, walking is no problem. If my DD is disappointed with the view, I suppose I can ask if there's another room available. And too, when it gets down to it, we'll just be happy to be at DisneyWorld! :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter