"What's the Catch - Do I Not Get Bacon?" - 11/27 - TR started!

Ugh! I hope you feel better soon! Go by some Nyquil and sleep on the plane(s).

Jill in CO

I'm so sorry you got sick! :sad: I'm glad it was on your last day at least, and I hope you get home safely!

Well it is departure day and I am so ready to be home. Came down with a nasty flu yesterday and had to spend the day in bed. I'm still really sick and definitely not looking forward to three flights and four airports but will be very glad to get home. DME picks us up at 9:30am and we will be landing in Sydney at 12:15 (that's midnight!) then get our luggage and drive home, I'll be lucky if I'm home by 1:30. Ahh man well, if you have to be miserable from a flu and also miserable from a crazy long day of flying, you might as well do them together, right? Lol
Other than that we had a really great time. Lots of pixie dust and general good luck, lots of relaxing. See you all when I get home!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Oh no! The bane of my Disney trips is pretty much always the flu or a nasty cold; I'm still waiting anxiously to see if I end up with either. :crazy2: So sorry to hear that you did. I really hope it's still a smooth trip home. :worried:

be safe!

I officially made it home. Alive, but definitely not well. This is by far the worst flu I have ever had! I usually have an iron constitution and almost never get sick, but this thing hit me hard. Luckily I took today off work since we got in so late last night. I am going to curl up and try really hard to recuperate. I am so glad it didn't happen earlier -- when I think of all the amazing things we did this trip I get chills just thinking about missing it all!

Onto the good stuff.

We had an absolute blast. We adored our resort, did a few firsts, a few new favourites. I took full advantage of the Photopass+ so I'm going to order that today. Hopefully I'll have the Trip Report up and running soon!

That's all for now, I'll be back with real replies and such later.

I can't believe that it's over already! Boo to the flu but like you said, at least it wasn't any earlier in the trip.

Rest up today, we can't wait to read all about your trip! :cool1:

Christine

I hope you feel better soon! I know what it's like to get sick in Disney :( I had, what we think was food poisoning or something along those lines, the last time I was there. It was horrible but I was still in Disney haha :) I can't wait to hear all about your trip!

Aww Wendy, that just sucks getting the flu in Disney. I guess the bright side is that it happened at the end, but still. Not a great way to spend in airports.

But, YAY for the upcoming Trip Report. :cheer2:

Oh no for the flu!!!! Very glad it happened at the end but so sorry it happened at all. Get better!!!

And welcome home :)

Welcome Home!

I hope you feel better real soon!

Glad to hear you had a great time!

At least I'm not really behind on your TR (until you start the new). :rolleyes1

Oh no! Hopefully by now you're feeling much better!! ((hugs))

I'm glad the majority of the trip was magical! Can't wait to read all about it!

Thanks everyone for your concern and well wishes! Unfortunately I'm not feeling much better, and to top it off I've now also got an ear infection. I've been sleeping 12+ hours at night and to top that off, something is very wrong with my computer which keeps crashing. It's been a rough week since I've been home! I'm going to have my computer looked at tomorrow or Tuesday, hopefully I can get it fixed up. I could use my laptop but my photoshop is really old on there and won't work with my cameras raw files. It's been a busy week at work as well, getting ready for Santa Claus photos which started today! All I can say to that is thank heavens I don't have to take the pictures!! Hopefully very soon I will get caught up on your reports, replies here, photos organized, Photopass+ ordered (ps, can anyone tell me how to order the cd? I preordered it and can't figure out how to actually order it without paying again! My poor infected brain is so confused!) and then on to making the trip report. Soon, I promise. As soon as I'm back on my feet!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Thanks everyone for your concern and well wishes! Unfortunately I'm not feeling much better, and to top it off I've now also got an ear infection. I've been sleeping 12+ hours at night and to top that off, something is very wrong with my computer which keeps crashing. It's been a rough week since I've been home! I'm going to have my computer looked at tomorrow or Tuesday, hopefully I can get it fixed up. I could use my laptop but my photoshop is really old on there and won't work with my cameras raw files. It's been a busy week at work as well, getting ready for Santa Claus photos which started today! All I can say to that is thank heavens I don't have to take the pictures!! Hopefully very soon I will get caught up on your reports, replies here, photos organized, Photopass+ ordered (ps, can anyone tell me how to order the cd? I preordered it and can't figure out how to actually order it without paying again! My poor infected brain is so confused!) and then on to making the trip report. Soon, I promise. As soon as I'm back on my feet!

Eh, that sucks. All of it sucks! Being sick, bad computer, work picking up, having so much to do while sick!! I don't know how to order the CD, but I know someone around here will, and if not you can probably find the answer on one of those photopass threads? Does this help at all? At least there's an email address at the bottom so that you could write them and maybe get a decently-timed response.

From this thread:

Once Home
Log into www.disneyphotopass.com. If you prepurchased you probably have already created an account. On the first page you will see a place to enter your card number, do that and it will add all the attached photos into your account. You can also add any additional photopass cards you may have collected.
Do any edits, additional sizes etc, that you may wish to do to the photos.

Now you will need the code that came inside the CD case. Add the Disney Photo CD to your cart.
You will enter the code to get a 'discount' of the full cost of your CD. Do not enter any dashes or spaces that are shown in the code, just the code itself.
If you only purchase the CD there is no shipping cost within the United States. If you live overseas there is a shipping cost of approx $15(US). However you can also choose the Digital Download option from the shipping options. If you choose this there is no shipping cost and you just download the photos. If you choose the Digital Download option the download is not immediate. You will get an email that tells you that the download is ready, and gives you instructions. This may be a few hours after you have 'ordered' it.

If you choose to make any of the photo products that Disney has on their site, then obviously there is a charge for those, and for the shipping of those.

If some of your photos are missing, contact Disney as soon as possible and give them as many details as possible about the photos in order to help them track them down. (date, time, location, people, clothing, etc). They may or may not be able to find them, but people have reported success at times.

Thanks everyone for your concern and well wishes! Unfortunately I'm not feeling much better, and to top it off I've now also got an ear infection. I've been sleeping 12+ hours at night and to top that off, something is very wrong with my computer which keeps crashing. It's been a rough week since I've been home! I'm going to have my computer looked at tomorrow or Tuesday, hopefully I can get it fixed up. I could use my laptop but my photoshop is really old on there and won't work with my cameras raw files. It's been a busy week at work as well, getting ready for Santa Claus photos which started today! All I can say to that is thank heavens I don't have to take the pictures!! Hopefully very soon I will get caught up on your reports, replies here, photos organized, Photopass+ ordered (ps, can anyone tell me how to order the cd? I preordered it and can't figure out how to actually order it without paying again! My poor infected brain is so confused!) and then on to making the trip report. Soon, I promise. As soon as I'm back on my feet! Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Aww! Poor thing!! I hope you are feeling better soon :(

The photo pass cd- once you load all your pictures, add all your borders etc add the CD to your cart. In the original case that the voucher was sent with (the stock photo CD) there is a code - add that to the promotional offer/coupon box at check out and it should take the price of the CD off. Not sure how shipping works for you but in the US it's free and fairly quick!

Wendy, so sorry you have the crud! No fun at all. I'm glad to hear your trip was awesome except for that last day with the flu. I definitely want to hear about the resort and your "firsts."

I see the ladies helped you with the pp+ order tip. I actually called Disney the first time I had the PP+ version and asked how to check out with my credit. They told me the code was in the CD case... good thing I didn't throw it out. ;)

I hope you recover quickly and that your poor PC gets better as well. :goodvibes

Aww Wendy I am so sad to hear that you're still not feeling well. :hug: There's been some nasty stuff around that I've been trying really hard to avoid.

Here's hoping you (and your PC) are back up and 100% really soon. :goodvibes

Welcome home and GET WELL SOON!!!

So sorry to hear you were sick at the end of your trip. I can't imagine how miserable your return home was.

:sick:

Take care of yourself!

I look forward to reading about your trip, when you are ready to start posting.

PS- I REALLY need to start buckling down and practicing your camera tips. I have my first (volunteer) photography gig in January.

I will be taking pictures for the PTA Mother-Son Dance in January. I used to run this dance when I was in the PTA. There was a rumor spread around that I have a good camera and take decent pictures. Not sure if that is true, but it is incredible what people will believe when they are desperate and can find someone to work for free!

Theme of this year's dance (recycled from on of the ones I did) is

:beach: Mom-Dude Surfin' Safari Beach Blast: Fun Fun Fun with your Son Son Son! :cool2:

Eh, that sucks. All of it sucks! Being sick, bad computer, work picking up, having so much to do while sick!! I don't know how to order the CD, but I know someone around here will, and if not you can probably find the answer on one of those photopass threads? Does this help at all? At least there's an email address at the bottom so that you could write them and maybe get a decently-timed response. From this thread: Once Home Log into www.disneyphotopass.com. If you prepurchased you probably have already created an account. On the first page you will see a place to enter your card number, do that and it will add all the attached photos into your account. You can also add any additional photopass cards you may have collected. Do any edits, additional sizes etc, that you may wish to do to the photos. Now you will need the code that came inside the CD case. Add the Disney Photo CD to your cart. You will enter the code to get a 'discount' of the full cost of your CD. Do not enter any dashes or spaces that are shown in the code, just the code itself. If you only purchase the CD there is no shipping cost within the United States. If you live overseas there is a shipping cost of approx $15(US). However you can also choose the Digital Download option from the shipping options. If you choose this there is no shipping cost and you just download the photos. If you choose the Digital Download option the download is not immediate. You will get an email that tells you that the download is ready, and gives you instructions. This may be a few hours after you have 'ordered' it. If you choose to make any of the photo products that Disney has on their site, then obviously there is a charge for those, and for the shipping of those. If some of your photos are missing, contact Disney as soon as possible and give them as many details as possible about the photos in order to help them track them down. (date, time, location, people, clothing, etc). They may or may not be able to find them, but people have reported success at times.
Well that was very helpful! Thank you! I didn't even think to open the other cd case.
Bad news though, the pic of you and your mom on space mountain didn't show up! I tried tracking it but it couldn't be found. Unless they censored it for the choking thing? That's pretty strange if so.

Aww! Poor thing!! I hope you are feeling better soon :( The photo pass cd- once you load all your pictures, add all your borders etc add the CD to your cart. In the original case that the voucher was sent with (the stock photo CD) there is a code - add that to the promotional offer/coupon box at check out and it should take the price of the CD off. Not sure how shipping works for you but in the US it's free and fairly quick!
Finally caught a bit of a break today, thankfully! A little energy if nothing else. I totally didn't think of looking in the other cd case! Just goes to show how fuzzy brained this made me! Lol

Wendy, so sorry you have the crud! No fun at all. I'm glad to hear your trip was awesome except for that last day with the flu. I definitely want to hear about the resort and your "firsts." I see the ladies helped you with the pp+ order tip. I actually called Disney the first time I had the PP+ version and asked how to check out with my credit. They told me the code was in the CD case... good thing I didn't throw it out. ;) I hope you recover quickly and that your poor PC gets better as well. :goodvibes
Hey Brenda! Feeling a tiny bit better today finally, thanks for the well wishes! I have a start to the new tr ready in my head, I just need a working computer and I'll be getting it started!
I almost threw the other cd on a shelf to forget about, but luckily I knew where to find it and got my pp cd all ordered! Now I'll be just about to get things started when you're gone away! Lol

Aww Wendy I am so sad to hear that you're still not feeling well. :hug: There's been some nasty stuff around that I've been trying really hard to avoid. Here's hoping you (and your PC) are back up and 100% really soon. :goodvibes
Thanks Rob, I'm finally getting a little better today but not looking forward to going back to work! PC is working a little better too come to that. Should be ready to start the trip report soon!

Welcome home and GET WELL SOON!!! So sorry to hear you were sick at the end of your trip. I can't imagine how miserable your return home was. :sick: Take care of yourself! I look forward to reading about your trip, when you are ready to start posting. PS- I REALLY need to start buckling down and practicing your camera tips. I have my first (volunteer) photography gig in January. I will be taking pictures for the PTA Mother-Son Dance in January. I used to run this dance when I was in the PTA. There was a rumor spread around that I have a good camera and take decent pictures. Not sure if that is true, but it is incredible what people will believe when they are desperate and can find someone to work for free! Theme of this year's dance (recycled from on of the ones I did) is :beach: Mom-Dude Surfin' Safari Beach Blast: Fun Fun Fun with your Son Son Son! :cool2:
Thanks Dee! Feeling a tiny bit better today actually, finally. It feels like forever since I could hear!
Ohhh volunteer photography gigs are a great way to hone your skills! A dance sounds like fun too. Love the theme!

Good to hear that you're starting to feel a little better! :thumbsup2 Now get to that TR! :rotfl: Just kidding hehe :goodvibes Health first. Then we can enjoy your Disney pictures and stories.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter