What's the Big Deal With Staying On Property Anyway? *Goodbyes* 12/17 p.114

great update!

Love that you had a lovely birthday cupcake!

I've read so many times that Tusker feels rushed I have to admit that despite raving food reviews, bfast there is not on my list.

Not that I could get my kids there on time anyway....:rotfl2:

Uh oh :scared: our ADR for Tusker House is at 10:00am our last morning at WDW in Sept! At least the food was good!! ;) and great family pictures :thumbsup2

Tusker House looks great! Loud atmosphere generally works well for our family, so not really a negative for us :lmao: Our ADR is for 8:00am - soo looking forward to walking through an empty AK and being able to snag FastPasses first thing for the safari! :yay:

I'm glad they recognized your birthday - I'll bet that cupcake tasted mighty sweet :hug:

I'll reply to everyone later. Just wanted to let you know that my brother and his family are arriving today for a week long visit so I won't be around much. I had wanted to get an update posted before they arrived, but it's not going to happen.

Hope you all have a great week/end! :goodvibes

Just heard from my brother and they're running a bit behind. Everything is ready for them so I may have time to get an update posted afterall.

Back on track! Okay so it sounds like AK was a winner of a day so far!!! Early arrival, the kid adventure stations (I didn't know they had a "passport" for AK??!!) Nice breakfast/brunch with characters and a cupcake! And now Its a BUGS Life??!! My boys thought that one was a HOOT!... They kept trying to grab stuff!! :laughing: Can't wait to hear your story!!

I love to watch the kids (and sometimes adults) reach out for stuff. :goodvibes

Great update Carissa.

I'm enjoying all the different Tusker House stories. We always did Restaurantasaurus. It was a favorite. So when they moved the breakfast, I just followed. Hope it's as good as it used to be.

And how nice that you got another little birthday surprise.

Looking forward to hearing about ITTBAB. We've never done it, but might try on this trip. :)

You definitely should try it.

What a shame you missed out on Kim Possible, yet another reason to go back, those excuses are stacking up ;) :rotfl:

Great safari photos and your meal sounds great even if it was too loud!

They sure are! ;)

Tusker House looks like fun. My son is loud, so he should fit right in. We may try it on our next trip. That is a great family picture.

Thanks!

Great shots in AK!

I've found that character meals are always quiter the first seating.
Even with the noise, it looks like you had a great time. Were they serving breakfast or lunch?

They only do breakfast (with the characters), but I think there were some lunch type items. Lots of variety.

Great AK updates! I love the safari.
That cupcake was perfect at TH! It's too bad it was so noisy. I and the BFF are going to the breakfast at 8:15AM during the Sept. trip. I bet it will be crowded due to free dining. I couldn't get the time I wanted on the day I wanted. I had to switch days. It's an EMH morning. It should be interesting.

I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

I felt like I should have known. lol

:rotfl:

great update!

Love that you had a lovely birthday cupcake!

I've read so many times that Tusker feels rushed I have to admit that despite raving food reviews, bfast there is not on my list.

Not that I could get my kids there on time anyway....:rotfl2:

:rotfl:

Uh oh :scared: our ADR for Tusker House is at 10:00am our last morning at WDW in Sept! At least the food was good!! ;) and great family pictures :thumbsup2

You'll go into knowing it might be loud and busy, but I'm sure you'll still enjoy it.

Tusker House looks great! Loud atmosphere generally works well for our family, so not really a negative for us :lmao: Our ADR is for 8:00am - soo looking forward to walking through an empty AK and being able to snag FastPasses first thing for the safari! :yay:

I'm glad they recognized your birthday - I'll bet that cupcake tasted mighty sweet :hug:

It sure did!

Have a great visit with your brother! :goodvibes Enjoy the Bubba's! :teeth:

Thanks! I found a 12 pack of the onion Bubbas at the commissary for $10! :cool1:

Hi Carissa! Long time, no read! ;)

I'm finally catching up...one TR at a time!

Great updates! Sorry about the KP thing, but due to your advice before we left, we picked up our FP at Innoventions and knew right where to go. Thanks for sharing your information....maybe next time you can actually enjoy it!

Love the pics of your boys with Pooh and friends! pooh: They seem to have great interaction when you meet them in the UK...we have seen them there on both trips and been very pleased!

Sorry about missing Off Kilter...you'll just have to continue crushing from a distance for now! :lovestruc

I don't think I'd like shopping at DTD alone either...being at WDW is all about the family and I would have missed them too. I like being in the little "family cocoon" for the time we are there! :grouphug:

Woo-Hoo! :woohoo::woohoo: AK! I'm glad you saw lots of animals on the Safari.....good idea to go in the AM.

We did the character breakfast when it was Restaurantosaurus and it was our favorite character meal of the week. :thumbsup2 I don't remember it being loud there...we sat in a room off to the side though. I had wondered how the meal had changed since moving...thanks for the review. So fun that they celebrated your birthday again! :banana:

I'm glad you had a nice trip and visit with Chuck. How are things going with the whole "single mom" thing? And homeschooling? I feel like I am WAY out of the Carissa-loop!

Back on board and ready for more! popcorn::

All caught up, now. Looks like Epcot went well. Love the masks! Sorry about the KP problems, though, as well as missing Off Kilter :sad2: I guess you'll definitely have to head back soon, so you make sure you get to do those things :rolleyes: Lookes like your AK day started off well, too! Love the idea of the Kidcot stuff there, but not sure if my DD's would get into it. Great homeschooling activities, though :rolleyes: (DD12 gets so irritated when I make so many activities into "school stuff" ) Can't wait to hear your next update...have fun with the fam!
Missy

Hi,
I will have to give tusker house a try on our next trip!
How is V.A been treating you?

Hi Carissa! Great update as usual. Sorry it was too loud at Tusker House, but that cupcake looks awesome!! Your pictures are great. I had no idea they did Kidcot at AK too, what a great idea! Can't wait to hear what you do next, very mysterious!!

Just wanted to say hi, and that I am really enjoying your report and photos! I can't make it to Disney anytime soon, so this is so fun. We were there a couple of weeks before you were, but didn't take so many photos.

I was wondering (don't know if this question was asked), did you have to buy a one day ticket to get the dining plan, with your military discount?

This TR is still going?

Looking forward to some good reading in the evenings now that my holidays are over. :banana:

Missed ya! :goodvibes

:wave2:

Hi Carissa! Long time, no read! ;)

I'm finally catching up...one TR at a time!

I'm glad you had a nice trip and visit with Chuck. How are things going with the whole "single mom" thing? And homeschooling? I feel like I am WAY out of the Carissa-loop!

Back on board and ready for more! popcorn::

Hey Missy! :hug: I know what you mean. I feel like I'm always behind on TR/PTRs. Ugh!

I'm glad my info helped you with Kim Possible. I look forward to hearing how it went for you guys.

The single mom thing is going okay. Most of the time I deal pretty well. Every once in a while I become overwhelmed. Mostly I just try not to think about it. Homeschooling is going well. We've only completed three weeks of school since we took the trip and had my brother visiting.

All caught up, now. Looks like Epcot went well. Love the masks! Sorry about the KP problems, though, as well as missing Off Kilter :sad2: I guess you'll definitely have to head back soon, so you make sure you get to do those things :rolleyes: Lookes like your AK day started off well, too! Love the idea of the Kidcot stuff there, but not sure if my DD's would get into it. Great homeschooling activities, though :rolleyes: (DD12 gets so irritated when I make so many activities into "school stuff" ) Can't wait to hear your next update...have fun with the fam!
Missy

Thanks! We won't be going back soon, unfortunately. Trying to save for a house.

Hi,
I will have to give tusker house a try on our next trip!
How is V.A been treating you?

It's been super hot and humid!!! Blech!!!

Hi Carissa! Great update as usual. Sorry it was too loud at Tusker House, but that cupcake looks awesome!! Your pictures are great. I had no idea they did Kidcot at AK too, what a great idea! Can't wait to hear what you do next, very mysterious!!

Hey Lauren! Hoping to get an update posted today.

:wave2: Hi C! (lol I just realized that sounds like the drink!) Hope your visit is going well! :goodvibes

Thanks L! ;)

Just wanted to say hi, and that I am really enjoying your report and photos! I can't make it to Disney anytime soon, so this is so fun. We were there a couple of weeks before you were, but didn't take so many photos.

I was wondering (don't know if this question was asked), did you have to buy a one day ticket to get the dining plan, with your military discount?

:welcome: No, we didn't have to buy a one day ticket. Because of the special they're having with the tickets, they allow you to get the 40% off the room and the dining plan without purchasing a package. A great deal!

This TR is still going?

Looking forward to some good reading in the evenings now that my holidays are over. :banana:

Missed ya! :goodvibes

Hey you! I know - hard to believe I've stretched this thing out so long! :rotfl:

I left you wondering where we were headed next. Someone guessed It's Tough to Be a Bug (it's been so long I don't remember who got it right!). :thumbsup2

When Chuck and I had seen it last year with my dad, my camera's battery had already died that day so I didn't get any pictures of the tree. This time I made up for it!

IMG_3072.jpg

IMG_3073.jpg

IMG_3074.jpg

IMG_3075.jpg

IMG_3076.jpg

IMG_3077.jpg

I asked Connor if he would pose for me. This is what I got:

IMG_3078.jpg

:rolleyes:

IMG_3079.jpg

IMG_3080.jpg

Lauren - I thought of you when I took these!

IMG_3081.jpg

IMG_3082.jpg

The boys loved the show - phew! A teeny, tiny part of me was worried that one of the boys would be scared, but nope. All was good.

As we walked out, we searched for the next Kid's Discovery Club station that we knew was around the Tree of Life.

IMG_3085.jpg

IMG_3090.jpg

IMG_3086.jpg

IMG_3087.jpg

IMG_3088.jpg

IMG_3089.jpg

IMG_3091.jpg

IMG_3092.jpg

IMG_3093.jpg

Up Next - Photopass for One and Front Row Seats

Carissa,

nice new update...I have missed looking at the tree up close on the last two trips...so in '10 it is a major must...thanks for sharing your pictutres...they are amazing!

love the bug eyes :thumbsup2

and I'm not sure which boy has the big bug head on him but that is just too funny! :rotfl2:

that would be a good picture to bring in and show at school!

J-

Great pictures Carissa. I love the one with the boy with the bug on his head. :thumbsup2

They look so intent listening to the lady at the Kids' Discovery Club. Did they enjoy those?

I think we're going to do ITTBAB this time. I hope it goes as well for us as it did for you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter