What's next for WDW?

PaintedStuff

<font color=0000FF>Is welcomed by the Tag Fairy wi
First the Magic Kingdom, then Epcot, then Studios and then Animal Kingdom. Excluding the water/sport/thrill parks, any major parks in the works for WDW?

Perhaps a DVC Resort themed as a water park, or better yet, a water park themed as a DVC Resort! Yeah, I like that. You could pay to use one specific water slide (your home slide) when its available, or save your points and try to book one of the other water slides.

Lets hope they fix all of the problems with the current parks before they start to build any new ones!!!!

I don't see a new park in the near future. I know there was talk before 9-11, and that was about a "thrill park" to battle against Universal's Islands of Adventure".

But even before 9-11...it seemed to be scratched. They had just seemed to want to add the thrill ride in the existing parks.

As for a new waterpark......that will be in the far future too.

As for DVC.....expect a lot more! They are HUGE for the company!

I have heard in multiple places that they are working on a new park to be themed as a villian park, rollercoaster park, or Disney Seas like in Tokyo and they are going to place it near the Wide World of Sports. it was put on hold for a little while after 9/11 but i think its back up and running. maybe we will hear more in October at the press thingy:confused:

The way I see it WDW has averaged a new park every 9 years. Which means we should see the 5th gate in 2007. I'm hope it's not Disney's Florida Adventure. hehehe.

Originally posted by JIMINOCCHIO
I'm hope it's not Disney's Florida Adventure. hehehe.
Don't laugh. I read somewhere they working thinking about doing just that until DCA bombed so badly.

I doubt we'll be seeing any new parks for a long time.

DCA may have bombed, but it's making a rebound. Like any Disney park it takes time to build it bigger and better. Personally, I love DCA. It's fun and whimsical and a nice compliment to DLR overall.

DCA may have bombed, but it's making a rebound.
Oh yeah? How? Where's that documented?

Personally, I love DCA. It's fun and whimsical and a nice compliment to DLR overall.
While that's wonderfull, take a look around you next time you're there. From everything that's been documented about the park, apparently there aren't many who share your opinion of the place....

Sadly, the only people that choose to document any impressions of DCA (or any theme park for that matter) are those that have complaints. I have many friends and have talked to many people while visiting DCA & DLR and more times than not they are enjoying the park and would return. With FFF opening for kids and ToT soon to open, it is quickly becoming more attractive to theme park seekers.

I visted DCA. I even posted a review of it here a long time ago. My impression was that it was better than your average 6 Flags, but not on a par of any other Disney Park that I've been to. I'm glad you like it and that it has found an audience with some folks, but everything I've read (including business journals) indicates that attendance for this park is way below the level it needs to make a profit on most days. It was certainly a ghost town the day I was there. Half the shops and restaurants open late (if at all) and the park has been closing earlier and earlier.

I agree that DCA seems to be everyone's favorite whipping boy, but I just can't find anyway to call this park a success with the population at large. ToT will help a little, but I think it will take several more e-ticket attractions before people see this as worthy of the same ticket price charged by Disneyland.

I found this article made a lot of sense with DCA's problems and the public's harsh criticism and what should be done to ensure it's success.

http://www.mouseplanet.com/david/dk030430.htm

The public was expecing another Disneyland from DCA. Bottom line is there can never be another Disneyland. Even the Magic Kingdom continually has the highest attendence at WDW. All secondary parks exist simply to compliment the first.

JIMINOCCHIO, location anaheim... sure it's not Burbank??? :) :)

Linking an article who's sole basis is "don't blame the park, blame the guests" is hardly a good thing to use to defend your statements that DCA is turning a corner and winning the hearts of the general public.

I can see the PR campaign now...

It's Nahtathemeparc!

Or it's Nahtdaplacenextdoor!

Or maybe it's just Nahtwhatpeoplewant!

Weird article. Sure, Epcot opened with fewer attractions but many of those attractions took a great deal of time and also had displays or play areas to complement these attractions. I didn't see this in DCA. Epcot may also have more shops and restaurants but many of these are specialty venues in World Showcase. Does DCA have anything that could be termed a specialty shop or restaurant besides maybe the Vineyard place?

I don't see much sense in comparing DCA to AK or DS either. Many people think that these parks are half day parks too or at least that they used to be.

No, the proof is in the attendance. Last year we watched the Electric Light Parade with almost no one else there and that's a sad fate for a great parade.

I'm getting the idea that none of you like DCA. My feeling is that we need to stop bashing it and start looking at is as a place with potential. It's not going anywhere. Give it 10 years, we'll all be laughing at it's rough start and counting down to our next visit there.

So I guess we're all in agreement that we don't want WDW's 5th gate to be Disney's Florida Adventure. Perhaps it'd be a good place for Disney's America! We could all use a good dose of patriotism anyway.

and no i'm not in burbank.

Just curious... what do you all think should be DLR's 3rd gate?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter