What's my best bet for park passes?

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by MickeyMagic, May 10, 2001.

1. MickeyMagic

MickeyMagic DIS Veteran

Nov 24, 1999
    I'm feeling totally confused on the park pass options for Disneyland. If someone could outline them or point me in the right direction to understand what is available, I would really appreciate it!

Here's what I'd like to do (maybe you can tell me how to do it):

I plan to stay at the Disneyland Hotel for 2 nights then move to a cheaper hotel for 3 nights. I want to go to DL/DCA for 3 or 4 days and I must have park hopping! I would really like early entry all days, but could settle for EE for just the days I'm onsite.

Here's what I see as options:

1. Buy a 3- or 4-day resort magic package

2. Buy passes with my AAA discount

3. Buy passes with my DC discount

Of course, I would like the cheapest option that alllows park hopping as well as at least some early entry days.

Thanks for your advice!
  2. Floydian

Floydian DIS Veteran

May 16, 1999
    4. Buy passes for Floydian and send him in your place!!!!! ;)

Well, since that option is out, I'd go for 2 or 3. You should be able to get EE for the days you are at the DL Hotel, no matter the tickets. Of course, I could be VERY wrong there. Then, you can use the day you'd get with your Hopper Pass while you are in the off-site hotel. But if you go for a package, you'll only be getting the tickets for the 2 days you are there, and then you'd have to buy other passes for when you move to the off-site hotel.

As I understand it, all Multi-Day Passes are now being converted into Hopper Passes. So, there's no worry for you there on that front. Again, I could be VERY wrong here too, but I'm much more sure of this one.

Finally, I know that you get a $10 discount on 4-Day passes using DC, from $137 down to $127. However, these are not the Flex Passports that also give you early entry. Buying those from AAA will cost you the full $137. So you would be essentially paying the extra $10 for the EE, which is worth it to me, but it may not be to you.

Bottom line, I am a very confused person, and only hope you can make some sense of what I've told you. :)