What's March like?

Discussion in 'UK Trip Planning Forum' started by scottishgirl87, Apr 7, 2013.

1. scottishgirl87

scottishgirl87 DIS Veteran

Long time no speak....I still lurk quite a bit but unfortunately our planned trip in September/October doesn't look like its going to happen (and I'm still not at the stage of being able to remove my ticker!) :sad: Boyfriend and I bought our first place in January and while of course that's a happy thing it means we're tighter on money than ever! Doesn't help that flight prices from Glasgow seem extortionate these days :sad2:

Anyway, I'm considering asking to amend our dates to next year, however, I have a major project at work next year which means I'm not allowed Annual Leave after the 1st of May so it would have to be before then. We like to go outwith school holidays (2 adults) due to crowds and prices so I was thinking on March? But I'm worried about Spring Break, is there anything else we should know about this time of year or can anyone recommend another time to go (can't do Christmas time either due to boyfriends work).

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. wilma-bride

wilma-bride <<This space intentionally blank>> Moderator

Hi hun :wave:

I asked this question a couple of weeks ago as we are thinking about a March trip too. The thread is here

4. queendisney

queendisney DIS Veteran

October and November are both fab..Still lovely temps, no humidity, generally blue skies and you can do both the MNSSHP and MVMCP if you plan it right. :thumbsup2

5. JulieSharp

JulieSharp Joshua will always be my 'little boy'

I wouldn't go in early March personally, you cannot guarantee nice weather.

Have been twice and both times we had rain sometimes all day, and days when it was cold especially in the morning, Joshua was freezing at Discovery Cove and it ruined our day there.

April is great, lovely weather, crowds can depend on the dates you go, ideally better if you miss the busy 4 or 5 days around the
    Easter weekend.
    We are out here now, in Naples, and it's perfect, not too hot.:flower3:

6. scottishgirl87

scottishgirl87 DIS Veteran

Hi Joh :wave: Oops should have searched first, thanks, will go have a read of that thread now ;)

I was going to say that we can't go after May due to work but actually my fixed term contract at work is up in August so I guess NEXT October could be a possibility but I'll need to concentrate on jobhunting first :goodvibes

Ahhh that's not so good. I was put off April by Easter but I suppose if we managed to miss it then it could be possible. Thanks :goodvibes

7. Lisa x

Lisa x CAROLINE4 is my sister :)

Have only been in March once and that was 5 years ago. From what I recall, we had lovely weather, not too hot but still rainy some days. The main thing that stands out from that trip though was crowds.

It's probably been the busiest time other than Christmas that we have been. We were there the last week of march and first week of April. Huuuuge wait times for the rides and things.

But.....if that's the time you can go, you are still in DisneyWorld and I'm sure you would make the best of it :)

8. tinkerpea

tinkerpea DIS Veteran

I went in march in 2003 and it was HOT! We did 3wks so nearly the whole of march and didn't have one problem regarding weather being cold, we did have 2 days where it rained so much that it was jut gushing down and we had to put towels by the doors etc so that it didn't come in lol!

Heating so many have cold weather is what's put me off going back in march I keep thinking it must have been a fluke when we went lol

9. mollies_mum

mollies_mum DIS Veteran

Spring break is also in March and that makes it busy in the parks, this is what put us off of March!

10. LoodlesNoodles

LoodlesNoodles DIS Veteran

How does the weather compare in March to say, October? I don't think I could deal with the humidity of hurricane season.

When does Spring Break usually run? Is it all through March or just towards the end?

11. queendisney

queendisney DIS Veteran

we went the last two weeks of October one year and the weather was perfect, no humidity and still hot enough in the evenings not to bother with jackets etc, but like all times of the year it can be chilly in restaurants with the AC...March the weather is just warming up and October its started to cool down but its still warmer then March. Our fav is still November though when it is even cooler but not cold, still t-shirt and swimming weather but may need a cardi or something later in the evening, but not always. :)