What's in Alamo's Full Size aisle at MCO?

supercalisarah

Earning My Ears
I have a full size vehicle booked with Alamo for the last weekend in January....last October the full size aisle was full of SUVs which we didn't need but in the end was very nice to have!

Anyone who has rented recently would you mind recalling a few of the vehicles you found in the full size aisle?popcorn::

We were there mid December and there were a pile of mini vans.

We'll be back there this week-anyone been recently?

In Aug it was mostly Chevy Impalas. There was a few others for that had the biggest trunk space. In the past I have luck getting a minivan

In all the times we've rented a fullsize from Alamo we've never seen anything but cars in the fullsize aisle. Well once there was a minivan but the keys were locked in it:rolleyes1.

I think we usually see Impalas, Maximas , Camry's.. that's all I can recall. We usually get the Impala for all of the extra trunk space.

Picked up on Tuesday @ 7pm.
Several Chev Malibus and Hyundai Sonatas. A couple of Hyundai SUVs, a Camry, a Buick Verano and 2 white Dodge minivans.
We grabbed the Verano (800 miles on the clock)
BTW had a Standard reserved, picked from the FS aisle (no Std aisle at MCO)

We had a ford fusion for marathon weekend. No mimivans in the aisle when we picked up. As pp said, we reserved a standard but picked up in the full size lane

Anybody know how Alamo works at TPA? We have a full-size booked there and I am wondering if it works the same. I've only ever rented from Budget and they assigned me a specific vehicle each time. I reserved a full-size and received a Ford Escape one time and a Ford Edge the next time.

Anybody know how Alamo works at TPA? We have a full-size booked there and I am wondering if it works the same. I've only ever rented from Budget and they assigned me a specific vehicle each time. I reserved a full-size and received a Ford Escape one time and a Ford Edge the next time.

For my ALAMO / TPA car rental ... I checked in (kiosk) and then went to the garage to pick out which car I wanted.

I did not want a full size car (I prefer an intermediate) I do not recall what the full size car options were.

Last month there were Impalas, Fusions, Maximas, Jettas, Sonatas, some small SUV (can't remember), and 1 Passat (this is what we opted for).

Thanks so much for the info! I am getting excited to see what's available next week! I'm hoping for a small SUV :cheer2:

Two weeks ago there were no minivans nor large SUVs. :( We saw lots of Impala, Hyundai Sonata, Ford Fusion, and Jeep Compass (small SUV, which is what we opted for).

Bumping for more current info. What are you all finding on the Alamo Full size isle at MCO?

Related, but somewhat off question.
Is it still the case that if you have reserved a Standard car you choose from the full size options?

We rented Standard at MCO 3/9/16-3/14/16. Yes, Standard still gets you Fullsize at MCO.
Our choices in Fullsize aisle were: Passat, Camry, Altima, three large vans, a pickup, Chrysler something (300 maybe?) ... We were happy with Altima so did not focus on all the cars, sorry!

We picked up on February 23rd and it was full of minivans and pickup trucks, one small SUV (Kia). We wanted something smaller because it was only 2 of us. We took a minivan because husband would not take the Kia. It was a tough decision.

If I book a standard at MCO, am I guaranteed a full size? Like is there no standard aisle to choose from? We've never rented at MCO before. We have 3 kids (under 12 but no car seats), 2 adults, and probably 2 large suitcase. We don't need to have a minivan/suv, but also don't want to be super smashed in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter