What's Happened to Disney Junior Canada???

scrappinginontario

This is my 6yo DD's 'go to' station and I have it as the auto preset on both TVs so that I know what comes on is safe for her to watch.

While they still meet that criteria many of the shows we've enjoyed are suddenly gone:
- Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
- Sophia the First
- Doc McStuffins
- Miles from Tomorrowland

With the exception of Jake, all the normal 'Disney' programming is gone! So sad about this even though she has started to outgrow it. :(

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disney_Junior_(English_Canada)

On April 16, 2015, it was announced that Corus Entertainment had acquired the rights to Disney Channel's program library. Alongside its new Canadian version of Disney Channel, other Disney children's television brands would be eventually transitioned to new, Corus-run properties. In anticipation for this transition, DHX concurrently announced that its Disney-branded networks would be re-branded as spin-offs of Family Channel; DHX announced that Disney Junior would be re-branded as Family Jr..[12][13] Television providers Vmedia and Videotron have stated that the rebranding would occur on September 18, 2015. Vmedia also stated that a Corus-run Disney Junior would launch on December 1, 2015.[

Thanks so much @EastYorkDisneyFan !! So in a couple of weeks these shows will be back of a different channel called Family Jr.? That would be great!! My sil will be glad to hear this as my nephew is 2 and loves him some Mickey Mouse!!

I was wondering the same thing, and was following Disney Jr. Canada on FB...I've seen a few "angry mom" posts, lol.
We too LOVE this channel, and don't really enjoy the family channel shows.

I saw a post that there is a Disney Channel (ch. 224 for us -Rogers in the Durham area) would be airing some of our favourite Disney Jr. shows and checked it out. It looks like starting tomorrow (Sept. 8), there will be several of our favourites airing there for now :)

Not sure if Family Jr will be showing Mickey mouse etc when it's rebranded later this month - but as an above poster mentioned, starting tomorrow (Sept 8) Disney Channel Canada will air Mickey Mouse et al in the mornings but ONLY mornings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter