What's Going On?

Hersheybar417

Earning My Ears
For our January 2016 trip planning, I made dinner reservations for our party of 7 (6 adults, 1 under two) for various sit-down restaurants at the 180 day mark with no problems. I called this weekend for January 2017 reservations (180 days) and was told for each reservation that we would have to separate our party into two tables. And the only Yak & Yeti available was at 3:00 for dinner midweek! These are restaurants we've been in numerous times and I know there are many large tables. Any thoughts on why the difference?

I've been told the same thing on our past WDW trips. We have 7 kids, so there's 9 of us total. We've never actually been split into two tables though.

For Yak and Yeti, go sign up for Landry's Club. It's $25 that you get back in the form of a credit, and when we were there during a rain shower on marathon weekend, we walked up and used the express seating perk to get a table with no reservation, bumped to the head of the line. Seriously worth it.

Our dates are Jan 21 through Jan 28. The restaurants we tried are Kona, Cape May, Garden Grill, Yak & Yeti and Beaches and Cream. I know Beaches is small, but they've always pushed two small tables together for us. But they would take our reservation for 7 before. For each one, we were told the same thing. It's my husband and I, our two adult children, their spouses and my two-year old grand daughter. We sure don't want to sit at separate tables.

I don't know anything about the Landry's Club. I'll have to check into that.

Worst case scenario, what about giving the kids some time together with their spouses and claiming the little one for some grandparent time at least once. That could be fun at B and C.

That is a standard disclaimer message. It has been given even to parties of one - not sure how they are going to split that one :-) I'm surprised you haven't heard it before. It just covers them in case you have to be separated. And you could be.
I think Yak & Yeti can be booked on Open Table. Try that

That is a standard disclaimer message. It has been given even to parties of one - not sure how they are going to split that one :-) I'm surprised you haven't heard it before. It just covers them in case you have to be separated. And you could be.

Yep!

I'm surprised she hasn't seen it also. We have, and we're just a party of 3.

Any luck trying to book for 8? You could just say one person couldn't make it? I'm headed down with 4 other people and could get reservations for 6 that I couldn't get for 5. I made a patsy family member who I used to book the reservations with.

Last edited:
I haven't tried booking for 8, I'll check that out. I can get two separate reservations for the times we want. I can get a table for 4 and a table for 3. I'm just a bit more nervous about two separate reservations ending up together. In previous years, they would book the 7 and the rules would always say may be separated. It never happened, but at least I could get the reservation for all 7 of us. This year seems much more difficult.

Any luck trying to book for 8? You could just say one person couldn't make it? I'm headed down with and could get reservations for 6 that I couldn't get for 5.
I'm having the same problem booking for 8. I had to split us up into 4. I was told to let them know when we arrived that we are together and would like to be seated close by.

Sort of having the same problem. Always have been able to book 11 people online at all restaurants. Today I tried and get the message unable to check now, try again later. However, if I put in for 9 people times come up. Is this new that you can't book for more than 9 at the same time?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter