What's going on with the boards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Post #s 8-29-36-49-53-74-75-81-88-91-93-97-119-126 have all been removed

14 posts total--what was in those posts?? Anyone remember? Or were they removed because they contained info on the lawsuit??

No they probably contained stuff they dont want other's to see or have to try to answer

Well, I have to answer this question first.

Yes, I registered there when someone sent me a link. I have no involvement with bashing others, I have never started a "let's ridicule thye Diser" thread, and never uttered one word of support for that site. I was there to defend myself, and then left. Done. Left, and never went back. It was absolutely not my thing to get my jollies bashing other innocent Disers. I used my real name by the way.

Carry on. This is Alex's business, and yours. Not mine. See ya!

Not the first time.

I thought this was a question/answer thread about this situation but I see no answers are being given at all. Posting on it at this point seems useless. :/

Not even confirming we can have alternate sites or post on alternate sites which leads me to believe that is still the core of the issue.

I can't even begin to express how disappointed I am. I had real respect for at least one Webmaster and really enjoyed their posts. I'm just bummed.
'

Yep...the Dis has been tarnished and the mods seem to be wielding a heavy hammer over this issue.

I find the whole thing incredibly disturbing. I thought the whole points thing was supposed to clarify what could and could not be done so there would not be any random bannings. Not to mention that posts are disappearing before my very eyes on this thread.

How are we to know that we can't do something if it isn't listed? What sites are DIS approved?

I'm betting this thread will be locked or go poof shortly.

Did the attorney laugh that you would bring this to him? How on earth you think this could possibly be a legal issue is waaaayyyyy beyond me!

Same here.

I don't know the whole story, but the DIS directed over 1000 people to that site. Isn't that the DIS's problem?

Still not sure what all those people could have done. I've read over there. Not everybody is nice, but that means they can't post here?

I'm pretty sure if anyone posts that they'll be banned the list of people that is

What has transpired ? ... or are you satisfied with one side of the story ?
Considering it's the only side anyone is willing to tell.

I mean really, a few posters weren't even around this past weekend. Found out they were banned. And they were given NO EXPLANATION.:sad2:

As Alex has aleady so eloquently stated, anything anyone has read or heard thus far is only one side of the story ... and, as in most cases, there is definitely another side to be considered in this situation.

If you wish to believe the propaganda and rumors that have been offered to date that is your prerogative, however it might be worthwhile waiting for the explanation promised by Alex.

It seems that some may have another agendum here so it might be best to wait until the "rest of the story" is shared rather than accepting other agenda at this time.

It sounds like this is the real propaganda to me. People were redirected to another site, and freaked out, thinking the Dis had been hacked and their computers had viruses and much more. No explaination was given by the mods here, no one was told that it was ok. If someone had done something to the Dis, the mods would have been right there, telling everyone that it's ok, they are on top of it. But instead, people are left to worry, then watch as friends disappear left and right with no warning? And after tons of threads and posts get deleted, the only response is a vague 'we can't comment'?

Maybe because the mods were responsible and did not want to admit to a mistake on their parts. :idea:

Some message boards (like EZboard) have universal usernames: i.e. you register for an EZboard to discuss say...Survivor, and you can log on to pretty much any other EZboard.

Which makes the notion of banning anyone who has ever visited one particular board especially troubling. You may indeed have never registered "there" but you will be logged on to that board because you registered with some other board that uses the same platform.

That is interesting - and probably why my username shows up. I was a member of a Vegas EZboard years ago, but I don't think it even exists anymore. All my other info - email address, etc. is the same as always.

Hope I don't go POOF pixiedust:

I guess what concerns me is the reference to legal action - if I am a member "there", even if it is with very few or zero posts, can/will I be banned/sued here?

I know that Alex said anyone posting here now would not be affected, but my name has evidently been registered over there for a while.

Seems like a very sad thing to happen to an online community - on either side.

Same here.

I don't know the whole story, but the DIS directed over 1000 people to that site. Isn't that the DIS's problem?

Still not sure what all those people could have done.

Why the lawyer ? It sounds like the Dis started this problem

I think this is a memories thread now...;)

KariC1 was always great to watch Project Runway and drink wine with, while we were both DISing.

Help me to understand. Post the other side of the story.

exactly! If Alex, Pete or any other webmasters do not speak we only have one side and the way this thread has been going, I'd say it is true and not a rumor at all.

What has transpired ? ... or are you satisfied with one side of the story ?

What has transpired? People can no longer post on the DIS and some have no clue why!

Are you satisfied with one side of the story? No that was why I posted here to find out what the heck is going on and yet I still only have one side

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter