What's going on Jan 30 to Feb 2?

idontknow

DIS Veteran
We have just decided to steal away for a cruise the last week of Jan. It seems that my hotel choices are very limited at that time. I am trying to find a back up hotel if Disney does not have any codes available for that time. I am worried that there might not be any codes if Orlando is that busy at the time. :( Does anyone know what is going on the end of Jan?

When we were there last year at that time there was a huge cheerleading/dance competition being held at Disney.

We had AP rates at the ALL Stars for $49/night so you might be able to get discounts.

The dance competition was one weekend and the cheerleading competition was the next.

The teams usually arrive Thursday, spend Friday in the MK (planned day there through the event - it was packed with girls on both Fridays when we were there), compete during the day on Saturday and Sunday (they do go to the parks in the evening, we saw them on Saturday all over EPCOT) and do a park of their choice on Monday and leave for home on Tuesday.

Good luck!
Tammy

Thanks for the heads up! We were there 2 years ago leaving on the 10th of Feb and had a run in with the cheerleaders. I had completely forgotten all about it. Thanks for reminding me! It was really bad at the ASMu with them running all over the place at all hours of the night. They were doing cheers at midnight right outside of our room. Something that I should have commited to memory, it seems I blacked out. (was also the year that I had my gallbladder taken out in Celebration's hospital. That might have something to do with it, too. LOL)

Now I'm hopeful again. As long as we go for the mods or delux resorts, we should be ok. I guess I'll sit tight and wait to see what comes out or opens up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter