• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What's different at the DD Build a Bear?

I can't say for sure what all of them are, but I know last year they had Minnie, Mickey for sure. They have a lot more Disney "theme" clothing too.

We bought a Mickey Mouse club outfit that had the ears, a Dinsleyland t-shirt and big gloved hands

We bought the Disney minnie hands, ears ,pirate shirts. They also had stitch costumes, full POTC gear Winnie the Pooh caharactor costumes

We did see some Disney stuff there, but not much. The store is basically the same as the mall ones. That's not a bad thing, but in my opinion, DTD has let too many of these "non-Disney" stores in and it takes away from the magic of Disney that used to even be carried over into DTD.

We did see some Disney stuff there, but not much. The store is basically the same as the mall ones. That's not a bad thing, but in my opinion, DTD has let too many of these "non-Disney" stores in and it takes away from the magic of Disney that used to even be carried over into DTD.

Yes, the costumes originally were exclusive to the DTD BABW at one time, which is when we first got the bears' costumes there. An employee there was lamenting the corporate decision to start selling Disney merchandise at the regular BABWs. Still, I will pop in at my next visit to get some Stitch stuff!

Yes, the costumes originally were exclusive to the DTD BABW at one time, which is when we first got the bears' costumes there. An employee there was lamenting the corporate decision to start selling Disney merchandise at the regular BABWs. Still, I will pop in at my next visit to get some Stitch stuff!

When this HUGE BaB went it, you couldn't find them at every mall. It was a bigger deal in the shop and what they carried but things change and these companies grow. The weird shop for me is Illuminations, while I like it, why is it at DTD???

When this HUGE BaB went it, you couldn't find them at every mall. It was a bigger deal in the shop and what they carried but things change and these companies grow. The weird shop for me is Illuminations, while I like it, why is it at DTD???

I think Disney tried unsuccessfully to reach a "larger" market than just DLR visitors with DTD. Kind of like The Block. Only, not as large or as good. HAHA!! A better DTD, I will admit WDW has.

As the CupidsKiss mentioned, there's Pirate and regular Mickey ear hats, Mickey and Minnie costumes, Stitch, Peter Pan, (!!!!) Tinkerbell, Pooh, Piglet, Tigger, Woody, Buzz, Ariel, Cinderella, Snow White, Aurora, and Hannah Montana. (I'm pretty sure I'm missing some) There's also some High School Musical, Hannah Montana, Cheetah Girls, Pirates and DTD Disney T-shirts too.

Here's my cute Stitch. I'm making a Peter one next!

image71cd3.jpg

Last year we got a kitty with a Sleeping Beauty outfit---I've seen Cinderella and Tinkerbell at other locations, but never the Sleeping Beauty. I think there was also a Snow White, which I haven't seen at the other locations I've been too. But I don't live near one, so I only get to see them while traveling.
princess:

We were just there today and stuffed a Minnie for DD and a regular bear for DS. They had several outfits that we haven't seen at other BABs - Peter Pan, character t-shirts & hats, the minnie shirt and gloves. The kids had fun.

I'm glad to hear that there are some Disney specific items like mouse ears and the white gloves. Over in Scotland, we only have the Disney princess dresses and a couple of tee's like princesses and Hannah Montana. :)

DD is so excited to get to go to the BaB at DL! I've even had to pack her teddy's passport so we can get it stamped to shoe everyone where she's been vacationing at! :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter