What's better than celebrating your 40th @ WDW?!? Single Digits!!

We are planning very little TS for this trip because of F&W...way too much yummy grazing to do! I learned my lesson my first trip during this time...:rolleyes1:rotfl2::eek:

They released the fall discounts for 2015 in April of 2015. I'm crossing my fingers they do the same thing for 2016. Crossing my fingers for free dining.

I saw you were pricing other airports. You may also want to price Stanford. That's where my friend who will be traveling with me has started flying into from Washington. Says the prices are much more reasonable especially if you are renting a car to get to the other places around Orlando anyway.

We had 3 adult women in 2013 share a moderate with no issues. My growing up family of 4 (mom, dad, me, and big little brother ..seriously dude was 6'1" 230 pounds at 15..all shared a value on multiple trips with no issues).

Thanks for the info on when the discounts were released last year. I hope it is the same time this coming year. If we can get two value rooms with a discount it would be good (William isn't comfortable with the size of the value rooms with 3 others), but if we can get a moderate with a discount cheaper than value rooms per person, we may try that (I would really like to stay at POFC...it looks amazing...plus they have Beignets there :rotfl:)

Thanks for the info on when the discounts were released last year. I hope it is the same time this coming year. If we can get two value rooms with a discount it would be good (William isn't comfortable with the size of the value rooms with 3 others), but if we can get a moderate with a discount cheaper than value rooms per person, we may try that (I would really like to stay at POFC...it looks amazing...plus they have Beignets there :rotfl:

You are talking to a Louisiana girl here! I haven't had them yet but I've heard they are pretty authentic. They look to be! The food courts/TS over there look like they are on point for close to authentic as well!

On a side note from this trip planning, I am working on a Disney Day in February when I am down there for the Daytona 500.

What we (my parents and I) are planning is leaving from Port Orange (where my parents are staying for 3 months) early Monday Feb. 22nd, grab a quick McDonald's breakfast before getting on I-4 and hopefully get to WDW and park by 8am. We are only going to MK for the day and I want to make the most of it. Depending on the crowds, I am hoping to take the monorail, but I don't mind taking the ferry over to the gate.

We do have a lunch reservation at BOG at 11:45, which I am thinking about once the gates open, we will head towards tomorrowland first get some of the rides out of the way (Buzz, Space) and then head into fantasyland to do the rides there. That way we are close to BOG for our reservation. The rest of the afternoon would be the other side of the park and be over in Frontierland for FoF.

The park is open until 10pm that night, and there are two MSEP. I hope to catch wishes and then watch the second MSEP.

YAY for a 1 day visit! I love lunch at BOG...much more than dinner there!

Well, it was an interesting weekend last weekend as there was a turn of events in the people that are going on this trip. William is no longer going, so it is now down to 3 right now. We may have a 4th, but it won't be known until later. The bad part is that yesterday I got an email that there was points available and I had a confirmation number. Well, since I don't have the money to secure the total, I decided to cancel the rental points and lose my $98. It is better to lose only that little amount rather than the whole thing.

We are still waiting to see what discounts are coming from Disney to see what our options are going to be.

I am sorry that you had to lose out on the deposit and that you are down to 3 people. It is so hard to plan with a group of people, trying to get everyone's schedules, wants, needs and budgets all in line. I learned the hard way with that...maybe a good deal with come out or you can possibly get to rebook DVC. I am so excited because our request went through too...and now we get 5 nights of deluxe for HALF of 3 nights deluxe/2 nights value. I also went with a different rental company where you only have to put half of your total down and the rest is due 60 days out...that helped LOTS.

Waiting for Disney discounts is what nightmares are made off...:tinker: sending you lots of pixie dust while you wait

I know I haven't updated in a while, as there wasn't anything to post.

On Monday, we got confirmation that there is now a 4th person going. Kristin is a friend from hockey games and she got the confirmation from her work that she can take off that time and have the leave to cover the time off. We are now in a waiting period to see what discounts come out for the fall.

YAY...for having the 4th person! Crossing my fingers you get the discount you want and everyone stays committed to the trip. I learned the hard way a few Disney Trips ago about LIFE EVENTS happening and people dropping out of trips...pixie dust!

So where are we looking or dreaming of staying?

Another side note for my Disney Day in Feb. I just made our lunch choices for BOG!! This is getting closer and closer. I can't wait.

The Master's Cupcake is my FAVORITE! I don't think I could share!!!!

More news about the big trip in Oct/Nov!!!

We have decided that since we can't wear costumes for MNSSHP, we have decided to disneybound. Since I was snowed in two weekends ago, and Stephanie was with me that weekend, we came up with some ideas on what we want to do for disneybounding. We opted for characters that are not as predominate, we thought about two sets of the evil step sisters (since it is 4 girls going now), but then we got looking around online for more ideas and we came up with...

Flora, Flauna, Merryweather and Aurora!

Now I may talk to the girls and see if instead of Aurora, we go with Maleficent.

For the Christmas party we are thinking either going with handmade shirts or going with Disney pajamas.

Another update on my upcoming day at Magic Kingdom:

I finally ordered the tickets (since we can't seem to find the non-expiring tickets my parents have) and once I got ordered them, I could finally get our FP+. I called my parents (who are in Daytona now) and asked what they would like to ride...we decided on PoTC, HM, and IASW.

Working with the times that were available we are doing the following:

9:00am-10:00am PoTC
10:15am-11:15am HM
11:45 - BOG lunch reservation
12:35pm-1:35pm IASW

This would keep us on that side of the park for the morning and early afternoon. I may try to see what else we can get done in Fantasyland in the early afternoon. Then we can back over to Frontierland and hit some things over there before FoF.

Then in the evening we can go to the other side of the park for the rest of the day and watch wishes and Celebrate the Magic. Maybe during MSEP we can get to some of the things we missed. I am not a big fan of that parade and plus, if I really want to...I can catch it during my Nov. trip.

I am finally back from my Daytona vacation and we had beautiful weather for the entire trip!!!

Here is a little recap of my day at MK:

We left Port Orange around 6:30am, grabbed some breakfast at McDonald's and started our trek towards Orlando. There were signs stating that all lanes of I-4 were blocked due to an accident. So we pulled out our phones and figured out that we could take a small detour on US 17 to get around the accident. We got through the town of DeBary and ended up getting back on I-4 around Sanford. We really only lost about 25 mins. Once we got to the parking lot, we parked in Handicap (my dad has multiple back issues) and we started walking towards the TTC. I had to stop and pick up our tickets at the TTC. With the tickets in hand, we were on our way.

We were going to take the monorail, but it wasn't running at that time, so they were offering either the ferry or buses. We opted for the bus. We got to the gate around 8:45 so we had just missed the Welcome Show. We got through bag check and we started off towards our first FP for the day...POTC. We started getting closer and we noticed a LOT of CM's standing at the front. POTC was down, so we just decided to head towards frontierland to see what else we could get on. I wasn't ready to get wet on Splash, so I decided to get on BTMR. Dad said he would go along with me and mom waited with my camera bag and my ears...LOL!! After going through the mine shaft, mom really wanted to watch Country Bear's. Well, they were still hibernating until 10:00am, so we made our way towards HM. the wait time was 5 mins, so we decided to go then instead of using our FP. After HM, dad also wanted to do Hall of Presidents so we timed it just right for the next show. We then started walking towards BOG for lunch, and we had about 45 mins, so we went to Philharmagic. Once we were out of there, we went to lunch. We got our rose quickly and got in line to pay. We found our seat in the library and waited for our food. Our food came pretty quickly and when the server put my plate in front of me and said that there weren't enough fries on my plate and called a supervisor over and he ordered me a new bowl of fries. They arrived quickly and we enjoyed our lunch. IT WAS AMAZING!!! SO WAS MY MASTERS CUPCAKE!!!!!

We then went to IASW for our FP and we went on a journey around the world...then we had a back up and we were stopped in the Heaven Room...

I wanted to watch FoF from frontierland so we found a spot near the shooting gallery, and waited. I can't say how much I LOVE that parade. Once Mickey and Minnie were past us, we were getting a little parched (it was hot that day), so when that close...I am going to get a Dole Whip Float!!!! Dad got one also and it was his first time trying it and LOVED it!! Since we had spent most of the morning and afternoon on the left side of the park, we decided to go to the other side of the park. I wanted to ride Space, but it was down. We then decided on the TTA. When going through Space...all the lights were on and there were some CM's walking on the catwalks. I wanted to ride Buzz, but no one else wanted to, so I hopped in line. Mom and dad waited for me and got a snack at the Launching Pad. Lastly we decided to go on CoP. We made our way towards the front of the park, because we were a little tired from the busy weekend, but we had one last thing we wanted to do...a Grand Circle Tour of the Magic Kingdom. We took the tour and we made it back to Main Street. Mom wanted popcorn for the drive back to Port Orange and she got a bucket of popcorn.

That was our day at MK, so now back to our regularly scheduled pre-trip planning for Nov!!!!!

I have some exciting news to share...

We have officially put our deposit down for the trip!!!!!!!!!

I decided to get a quote from Dreams Unlimited Travel and my quote came back for Pop Century for the 11 nights, and a 4 day park pass (we can upgrade once we are there for more days if needed).

I am excited now to get moving on things.

I haven't updated in a while, but I have been getting things organized and getting some dates in order and marked down to know when I have to make dining and fp+ reservations.

I have started getting things done on MDE...I have asked everyone in my party what color magicbands they want, and what name on the back of them they want. Stephanie and I decided that we wanted to go with something different. I asked Abbey and Kristin to think of something different than names (if they want). As of now I am picking a Red magicband, Stephanie has picked yellow, Abbey has picked purple, and Kristin has picked blue. Of course these could change before the final day to customize them.

I am just patiently waiting for the November park hours to be released so I can finally decide what parks I am going to and on what day. I have a cousin that lives in Bradenton area and I want to see if she and her husband want to join us for HDDR or just to hang out for a little bit.

I also have talked to the girls about how we are going to get to the outlets during one of our down days. I looked into renting a car and it is an option, but I also looked into Uber and it might be a cheaper option since the outlets are really only where we want to go with a car.

We also have been talking about getting items shipped to the resort before we get there from Amazon Pantry. They have most of the items we are looking for (snacks and shower items). It is cheaper than Garden Grocer so we are starting to get a list together of items we might want.

I am tired of waiting patiently for park hours...lol. We have pretty much gotten somewhat of a schedule ready and a good idea of ADRs. I cant believe we are so close to time to book them. WAHOO!

I need to look into Amazon pantry as an option...it always scares me to send things to the resorts...I have had things more times than not never arrive. SIGH

I got a great email yesterday from my TA...We didn't get free dining, but we did get the room discount. Now it didn't save us a lot of money, but it did save us a little bit of money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter