What's a Navigator's Verandah?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by Paula H, Jul 16, 2003.

1. Paula H

Paula H Mouseketeer

I've looked at everything I can find on-line and did find a picture of one, but I still have some questions -

Is the verandah completely closed in except the "opening"?

Would this be a safe area for children?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. raisin64

raisin64 Welcomed Guest<br><font color=red>Has been a very

Its fully enclosed except for the big porthole. The Wonder's Nav
    have a much bigger opening. Its great when it is windy or rainy, because you can still sit out on the balcony. I always have a Nav when I travel. Yes it very safe with kids

4. joanb

joanb DIS Board Addict

I really like the Nav. VAr. I agree with paula H. safe and a bit more private and cozy if you wnat some time with your spouse.

5. markºoº

markºoº DIS Veteran<br><font color=green>Admits to wanting

"Safe" is a relative term. Don't discount a child's ability to climb up a chair or table which could put them at risk. Since a child can not see out the Nav verandah as they can with a regular verandah, they might be more likely to want to climb up to see out.

Young children should never be left alone on a verandah.

6. WDWLVR

WDWLVR <font color=green>DVC @ The Boardwalk</font><br><f

I agree with Mark about the safety issue - never leave your child alone on any veranda. Having said that I prefer the Navigators as well. They are more cozy to me than a regular veranda. I also love the padded bench - great place to relax with a good book.

The other things I like about them is there proximity to other things. You are at the back of the ship so a quick trip up to Topsiders/Beach Blanket, Scoops, Palo. In addition you get to have your safety drill in the cool comfort of Animators Palette!

7. joanb

joanb DIS Board Addict

grea point about the loocaiton-my children were always running up to get food while we showered in in the late afernoon to get ready for evening( we had late dinner but alway attened a couple shows before going.
    I love the bench too!:D

8. gassmandy

gassmandy DIS Veteran

VERY convenient location when you want to run up and get that cup of coffee in the early a.m.(no make-up, bad hair, etc) from the bev. station w/out having to run into too many people!!!