What Your Credit Card if Paying a Resale Deposit That Way

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by Disneybuckeye, Nov 30, 2012.

1. Disneybuckeye

Disneybuckeye DIS Veteran

We are in ROFR on a 50 point VWL contract through Fidelity. They said I could pay my $1000 deposit/earnest money via credit card, so I did to get the points. When I received my statement I saw they charged me twice.

I called and they researched and are now applying the full $2000 deposit to my purchase. This works better for me as I get more credit card points. It would have been bad had I not caught it.

Just make sure you watch your statements if you pay in this manner.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. dvcterry

dvcterry DIS Veteran

Thanks for the heads up. When I bought through them I used my debit linked to checking so that would have been quite a debit. Anyhow nice contract, was looking at that one for a while. Hope you pass. :shamrock::shamrock:

4. Disneybuckeye

Disneybuckeye DIS Veteran

Thanks! It matched our current resort and UY so I felt like it was fate. Disney has not exercised and ROFR on VWL for a long time so we are hoping they keep it that way.

5. snarlingcoyote

snarlingcoyote <font color=blue>I know people who live in really

Thanks! I just did this, so I will be looking for it. . .kinda' hoping it happens to me too for the points, LOL!

6. G2MAmber

G2MAmber Work at Gateway To Magic

Thanks for the heads up! That is nice for CC points but kind of a big $1000 mistake to make, yicks, glad you caught it! :thumbsup2

7. bobbiwoz

bobbiwoz I'm happy to dance with you!

I'm glad you caught it!

A UC fan,
    Bobbi:goodvibes