what would you think about a new pin meet place?

pintrader

<font color=FF66FF>Leader of the Conga Line to ton
Each Friday and/or Saturday we all crowd into this tiny little space at the DTD WoD, hoping for 12" of the table on which to place our trader book. Well, If we want them to, things are about to change. Stay tuned for more details. We are being offered a space of almost 2000 square feet, plenty of lights, air conditioning. floor space, tables or chairs. And best of all adequate parking.

I know Mean Laureen has a pin meet scheduled for Saturday at BW, but would there be room for another meet on the same weekend. If so, How about a pin meet next Sunday night May 13, 2001. What time would be the best???

If not, I woud like to arrange a meet for the following weekend, Friday May 18th at 8:30 or so. Details to follow

Kathryn, The 18th would work for me as I don't get there until the 15th. Keep me posted.

The rest of the clan will be here (WDW), later this week, and Jonie and her Mom are ALWAYS looking for a pin meet! We don't have a fixed schedule - who does? Mom, I, and Sis are leaving on the 18th, Jonie stays for the weekend. Sunday is still pretty flexible, and Moms rule that day (Mother's Day, guys). We'll stand in the wings for now and monitor what's going on.

Chuck

Kathryn,

Who is "offering?"

Is this a Disney offer, or a thoughtful private sponsor?

Inquiring minds want to know.:cool:

Kath, MeanLaureen's pin meet is a few months down the road, but ours is on the 12th at DTD! I would be happy to meet on the 13th too, just let me know the time, place, etc.

Lisa

I would prefer something early on the 13th, since I have to drive to Pensacola that day (ugh!).

It appears that there is no meet scheduled for the evening of the 16th (or did I miss it). I think everyone will be in town at that point although I suspect many of us will be SLEEPING!!

right you are I DID get May and August confused, BUT that's me. usually confused. I am still firming things up, but we are getting a REALLY GREAT, warm enthusiastic response. They would like us to consider them a semi permanent meeting place if we can conjer up enough interest. I will be talking to my contact again today and we will see what we come up with.

As soon as details are geled or or is that jelled? I'll post more. You guys pick the night. Lori (Tinkerbel 129 and I will be there Sat and Sun night the 12th and 13th.

Then I'l be wanting to host another on the 18th and earlier works better for me as well. Please provide feedback as this is going to be a first for me and the establishment assisting.

we have an area manager of Contemporary Resort who is a pintrader and is anxious to facilitate her fellow pintrading comrades. We have been invited to begin meeting in the evenings on the fourth floor of the Contemporary Resort in the open area where the Pin station is. Scott is the resident pin trading CM there and has asked his Area Manager if there would be room at the "inn" for us. She is giving a thumbs up. More to follow.

Is that the same level as Chef Mickey's? One level below the monorail, right where all the shops are? Or, is there another pin station at the Contemporary?:confused:

And, did you say, they're going to add tables and chairs?:D

Kath, that sounds great! Tables, chairs, inside in the warm hotel. Let me know what you decide, if you have one on the 13th I think we can make it.

Lisa

We have to start out slow, probably no tables or chairs to start with. But remember we have the big cushy four sided sofas there. As we show them that it will be worth their effort to provide things that are not normally in that area, they feel certain they can get them to provide. If we respind they will respond. Unfortunately, it's our move. So at first we have to be happy with decent parking, contolled environment, convenient pin station AND food and drink just an elevator away. No more walking down to McD's unless we want to. My first thought was especially for the non-pintrading members of families of traders. There's the game room downstairs and the movie area too. Most of all I like the idea of being in a place that won't get wet when it rains. HA

So is this cool??? or what!

You know what pintrader,

I was thinking the same idea. My family is planning on maybe going July 30-Aug. 4 to WDW and we will be staying at the Contemporary. I was thinking of maybe trying to get a meet going when my trip becomes a definite at the Contemporary. The area of the Contmeporary you are talking about is a prime area for a number of people to pin trade. I think I remeber seeing one white pin trading table there at Christmas. Anyway, the pin station is really big and has a good selection.
Good idea!
Hopefully we are able to go in late July so I don't have to wait until Christmas to go back to WDW.
-Matt
:bounce:

Leslie, the area manager of the Contemporary really wants us to make this go. The tables are still there, but they are the tall bar type tables. Theyare actually willing to bring convention type tables to us. They even said something about having handicap accessible areas. I looked at that floor behind the pin station. There is a lot of room for sitting and spreading out. When I told them that at my weight and my age getting up and down would be pretty tough for me. They said if they got a steady consistent crowd of traders there, they could really consider making a comfy little permanent spot for us.

While I have parked at the Contemporary a few times I have also been turned away more than once. During peak periods they have a "hotel guests only" rule and if I didn't have a reservation at the hotel or at a restaurant, they would not let me in. Just something to consider.

it's already been considered and dealt with. We will be starting them in the late afternoon/evening. Like when we all typically would go to DTD, after the parks close or as they are closing. They will not be concerned that we are trying to bypass paying the $6 as they are not collecting those funds that time of night anyway.

Leslie the Area Manager for Contemporary just called me. She has contacted Vern the head of Security for the Contemporary and he will begin notifying his guards at the kiosk of our meets. Any meets you want to schedule please email or cc me on and Leslie and I will do all we can to make it go increidbly smoothly. As our first one will be on Mother's Day it could be our biggest challenge as all the guards may not be yet notified AND Chef Mickey's is fully booked for MD. Let's get as many people there as we can to show them how much we appreciate their offer. The guards know it as the "BELL" pin meet

You should have told the guards that everyone was coming for the Belle pin meet.

And then everyone could dress as their favorite character from Beauty and the Beast.

It could be the first (?) costume pin meet.

Kathryn, it could start a whole new trend in pin trading!:eek: :jester: ;)
<hr>
Ok, I'm just jealous because I can't be there with you guys.:(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter