What would you spend your $ on, MNSSHP worth it?

Scottishbrit

Mouseketeer
Im going on a all girls trip this sept/oct. Ive been to WDW but my other friends have not ( 2 have only been to Hollywood studios for a few hours ) We want to make the best of it on a limited budget. What would you splurge on or suggest? Like I would LOVE to do the safari trek but It's expensive and I dont think everyones on board. Is MNSSHP worth it? Is it adult friendly to?

I have done MNSSHP and it really depends. I think it is cute and fun. I love the parade, the villains that they bring out (some being rare), the firework show, and everyone that is dressed up. The shorter lines for the rides are also nice and some of the photo options are really cool, if you are willing to stand in line. I also thing this is more fun as group. It also looks like when you are going you will be there at the beginning of MNSSHP and that has more adults then later in the season because that is when it is cheaper for CM to go. BUT at the same time it is very much focused on the little kids, there is Trick-or-Treating all over the park. If that sounds like fun to you then it is totally worth the extra money. I also what to say that the ticket to get in is also the ticket into the park that day so you can always do something else during the day and have that be your park time.

I have never done the Safari Trek, so I can't speak on that.

If I ever had a work schedule that allowed me a big vacation in the fall, I would jump on MNSSHP! I might even splurge on two party nights, knowing that I'd probably spend one of them in line to meet Jack Skellington & Sally. :lovestruc I love meeting characters, though, and I've loved watching videos of the Boo to You parade online, so I'd really love to do the party someday.

MNSSHP is totally worth it and going with an adults only group would be so much fun. Where else can you wear a costume and trick-or-treat as an adult? :thumbsup2 We received a load of candy and the atmosphere is so much more magical with all the Halloween decorations, special meet and greets with rare characters, most rides that are open have very little or no wait, the Boo to you parade and fireworks are the best you'll see at Disney.

Definitely worth it! It's so much fun and neat because it's so different. The crowd level is great. Seeing all the costumes is so fun. It would probably be the most fun if you all dress up in some way. The fireworks and parade are the best of the year!!!!

I have done both. The safari trek is great, but if everyone is not on board, go with MNSSHP.

This coming fall will be my 5th year attending (one year going twice!). I have gone solo and with a friend. The whole atmosphere of the park is different than during regular days. The parade and fireworks are awesome. Lines for rides are short, and you can trick or treat! I always go in costume and that makes it all the more fun! It is VERY adult friendly, in fact I think the adults have as much (if not more) fun as the kids! It is my favorite event at WDW - and I LOVE Food & Wine! :tongue:

I think MHSSHP is worth it! I always dress up and trick or treat and so do many other adults. I love how the park is extra dark and has spooky music playing. The fireworks and parade are spectacular and the short ride times are a huge benefit. Side note: the ride times totally depend on the party night and not everyone reports short rides. In the three times I've been most rides were under 10 minutes for the last hour or two. (This includes the mountains)

We're also going on a girls trip this October (although we're in our mid-30's, so girls is debatable). We're planning on MNSSHP and a lot of signature dining. With Food & Wine Festival I want to try the French Champagne Regional Lunch, so we're not going to have much budget for tours. I've been on quite a few Disney tours and they've almost all been excellent. I'm sure the Trek is worth it if you are into animals.

We're planning on dressing up for MNSSHP and I'm sure it will be fun. The later the night gets the less kids there are.

Im going back to WDW either late Sept or early Oct. Im 32yrs old and will be doing MNSSHP for the first time. I cant wait. Im excited to see the characters dressed up and the rare characters. Im also excited for the parade and fireworks. Im even excited to trick or treat.

I've never been so I can't answer your question; however MNSSHP requires a hard ticket bought separately from a regular park ticket. From what I understand, the park starts letting ticket holders in around 4pm and the actual party starts at 7pm. My plan for our trip this yr is to use the morning to shop in DTD and then go to the party in the evening.

I enjoy MNSSHP but I'm also in to costuming so it's a win, win for me. The ticket for MNSSHP is less expensive and still allows you to enjoy all the rides but reduces the amount of time your are in MK. If you have a firm budget and your goal is to just get in the park and enjoy as many rides as you can I would say that it might be for you all. I hope you have a great trip regardless of your decision.

I would chose a tour before a hard ticket event. Personally, I find the tours worth every single penny. For the parties, you are paying for fireworks and a parade. Yes, there are special characters, but overall not worth $70 for a ticket.

I've always wanted to do MNSSHP and will finally be there this year when it's on but as its a solo trip I'm not sure I fancy doing it alone, if I was with a group I'd 100% go. I am however going to do a tour and have picked Keys to the kingdom which has also been another thing Ive wanted to do for some time

I would splurge and go! MNSSHP is one of my favourite things to do at Disney. I love the special parade and the fireworks! Also, adults can dress up (which is usually not a thing), so if you like to dress up, you and your girlfriends could do matching costumes. And go trick-or-treating (although you don't need a costume for that.) They make the park so spooky and mysterious and dark - it's really a hoot, especially if you love halloween. The lines for rides are shorter, and there's so many characters out that you don't normally see, like all seven dwarves, Maleficent, Jack and Sally, Lotso - I think the princesses are usually with their princes too. You can arrive as early as 4pm with your bands.

I've always wanted to do MNSSHP and will finally be there this year when it's on but as its a solo trip I'm not sure I fancy doing it alone, if I was with a group I'd 100% go. I am however going to do a tour and have picked Keys to the kingdom which has also been another thing Ive wanted to do for some time

You will love this!! I have done it twice and both times there were quite a few solo travelers in the group. I am going to try another tour while on my solo trip.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter