What would you LOVE DCL to sell as merchandise, Let's help them!

jdb in AZ said:
The Royal Court restaurant on the Fantasy has wire bread baskets shaped like Cinderella's coach. Maybe if DCL sold them, guests would stop stealing them.

That is hilarious. Awful, but funny at the same time.

OP here, thanks everyone! Great input. Another one I thought of from my 2006 cruise..I bought a short sleeved pink stretchy (? Lycra) material that I LOVED all that Summer. It also came with a small DCL white logo on it. Omg I really liked that shirt. Do they still have something like that?

I'd like castaway cay and DCL car stickers (small not large), ability to buy their plates/glasses/bread bowls etc, ability to buy their bath towels and shower curtains, more feminine v-neck shirts, DVD of the shows

I'm sure I could add more!!

Couldn't agree with you more about the more feminine V-neck shirts. I passed up on a lot of round neck t-shirts, that I certainly would have bought if they were V-neck.

I would love a more CC merchandise, they are not limited for space there like they are on the ships. I would love a variety of beach cover-ups with the CC or DCL logo. Maybe some really nice beach bags. It has been a couple of years since my last Disney cruise, but I had money that I was willing to spend, but only ended up with two towels because that was all that I could find that I liked. I should mention though that I still love one of the towels. It is a huge double wide CC towel with Mickey lying on the CC beach. It is getting ratty now, so I have my fingers crossed that I can replace it on my upcoming cruise.

The Royal Court restaurant on the Fantasy has wire bread baskets shaped like Cinderella's coach. Maybe if DCL sold them, guests would stop stealing them.

That would be my suggestion. We loved the coach bread basket. They're now selling the Animator's bread knife and the cabin pillow, so it can be done.

I also would love prints of some of the ship art, like the Fantasia art on the Magic.

Wall calendars, Legos, car stickers (not an oval one that says DCL - hate those; I'd prefer the logo) & another vote for a patch.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I would like to see some pet items like bandanas,small toys etc. They used to carry items like this at world of disney store in downtown disney and they have taken it all out of that store. Wouldn't need that big of a selection, but at least offer something. I also would like to see DVD's of the shows onboard. It would be a nice way of sharing the magic with family back home. Even if it is just partial video coverage.

There is also one item I would like to see displayed onboard the ships and that is having additional clocks in areas like the atrium, pool decks and outside of the restaurants. If you didn't bring a watch on vacation, it makes it nearly impossible to know what time it is when you are trying to make a show on time etc without asking someone or actually going back to your stateroom.

A CD of artwork/papers/pages for digital scrapbookers. And it would be nice if it was affordable!

Bought a beautiful DCL sweatshirt on the Magic in 2009, without a hood,which I love. Best sweatshirt I ever had. Went in April and found nothing like it.

Hoping to find one in January.

Linda

That would be my suggestion. We loved the coach bread basket. They're now selling the Animator's bread knife and the cabin pillow, so it can be done.

I also would love prints of some of the ship art, like the Fantasia art on the Magic.

Ohooh, I agree about the cinderellla coach bread basket! My DSIL and I were joking with our server (Sheldon) about taking it...but it would've been hard to stuff it under our shirt. It didn't give that pregnant look! LOL

Bought a beautiful DCL sweatshirt on the Magic in 2009, without a hood,which I love. Best sweatshirt I ever had. Went in April and found nothing like it.

Hoping to find one in January.

Linda

Can you describe it more in detail? After all, I really did start this to help DCL merchandise marketing team to see what we really want. So color? Design? Embroidered? I hope it comes back for you!

1000 piece puzzle of the ship with the characters
Yes, I would buy this.

And how can someone possibly get this out of the dining room?

OK, a few years ago on the classic ships, there was a PEARL MICKEY HEAD PENDANT comprised of a large pearl with two smaller ones on top as ears. It was sold separately so that you could clip it to your own gold or silver chain or even to a full pearl necklace. It was sold both in the gift shop AND as a pre-order gift item.

I sooooo regret not buying one! :sad1:

Please, DCL merchandise buyer, bring it back!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter