What would YOU like to see at Aulani?

Scrappy_Tink

DIS Veteran
Like many of you, I'm looking forward to our visit to Hawaii's Aulani...I'm thinking of what I'd like to see going on at the resort. Here's my list!

1. An Ohana-type restaurant. Something that doesn't center around fish. I know fish is a big part of the culteral food, but not everyone likes seafood! :goodvibes

2. An outdoor Luau!! :cheer2:

3. Fireworks (at least) once a week (hey, why not? It's my wish list!)

4. A nice outdoor tiki-bar type lounge, where you can sit and drink frou-frou drinks and socialize.

5. I'd like the pool to be open 24 hours (I know there has to be some time to clean it!) And adult only after 11:00 pm.

Okay, I know all my wishes aren't reasonable...now tell me what you would like to see offered at Aulani!! :woohoo:

1. An Enchanted Tiki Room restaurant with audio animatronics.
2. Dole Whip
3. an outdoor luau--that is not character oriented.
4. Character dining--with Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Pluto, Lilo & Stitch.
5. complimentary parking
6. fireworks

I want
1. luxe pool chaise loungers like VGC!:cool2:
2. ME to and from the airport

1) a bus that leaves for pearl harbor once or twice a week
2) an outdoor luau
3) an ocean view room
4) 7 days of no calls or emails from work
5) a drink in my hand with a little umbrella in it

Lots and lots of Aulani specific merchandise to buy. Since We probably won't be able to return any time soon, I'd buy it all. Magnets, coffee cups, tshirts. Disney folks, think Disney Cruise line, many specific items related just to DCL, you sell them, we'll buy!
Love the non character Luau idea, but bring in authentic Hawaiian folks, help the local economy too.

I wonder if they'll do a luau, since Paradise Cove luau is just up the street, on the other side of the J.W. Marriott hotel.

Oh one more thing, since this is a wish list, an adult only pool with a slide. Don't forget the slide:thumbsup2. Oh to be back on the Disney Magic and swimming in the adult pool, aaaahhhhhhhhh:cloud9:.

I'd like to see my wife and me in the pool at Aulani. Or on the beach. I'm not picky!!

I wonder if they'll do a luau, since Paradise Cove luau is just up the street, on the other side of the J.W. Marriott hotel.

We've just returned from Marriott's Ko'Olina Beach Club resort. They also have a weekly luau, Fia Fia; free if you sit through Marriott's TS presentation.

1. An Enchanted Tiki Room restaurant with audio animatronics.
2. Dole Whip
3. an outdoor luau--that is not character oriented.
4. Character dining--with Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Pluto, Lilo & Stitch.
5. complimentary parking
6. fireworks

I agree, locals on the luau....I have no desire to watch Micky and Minnie do the hula!! :rotfl: Tho wouldn't mind sharing a meal or two with them!!

I second the Dole whips. A character meal would be nice as well and a good children's program.
Besides that, a lounge chair and a girly drink would be perfect.

1.) Some type of organized transportation from the airport to resort.

2.) A very nice offering of local 'excursion' type packages that you can purchase.

3.) A DCL cruise planned around the Aulani resort. I would love to see a local Hawaii cruise from island to island as well as a longer cruise taking off from California.

4.) Deluxe chairs around the pool and some really wonderful local adult beverages offered.

5.) A dining plan that can be purchased which would provide a more all inclusive feel to the trip.

6.) A tiered type perk where price per point would be based on the amount of points you already have with DVC.

7.) Private cabanas available for rent which would give you the full day at the beach/pool a day in heaven!!!

8.) Awesome DVC Hawaii merchandise available for purchase. This could include Tshirts, Hawaiian type shirts, cool coffee cups, and anything else Disney can offer us.

9.) A very nice selection of food items available for purchase to stock up our rooms without breaking the bank so we can go back more often!!!

10.) I better stop now, I don't want to hog this thread...thanks for asking...:banana:

I know my kids want as many of Stiches' cousins around as possible.

bookwormde

LOL!! Me too! You do know he didn't really die and he's living somewhere in Hawaii, right?! :rotfl:

That is what I am hoping, of course and he has not aged either. :thumbsup2

I hope they have those outriggger canoes you can take out.

That is what I am hoping, of course and he has not aged either. :thumbsup2

I hope they have those outriggger canoes you can take out.

I don't think it's possible from where the resort is. The lagoons are too small, the open ocean there is too rough.

I'd like to have an adult only pool and FREE childcare :)

My first wishlist would be to move it to Maui or Kauai. After that, I'd ask for "Jitney" service to the other parts of the island, free airport transportation, an onsite rental car agency, day trips available for purchase to places like the north shore, Dole, Polynesian Cultural Center, Bishop Museum, Arizona, Pearl Harbor. Diamond Head, Hanauma Bay etc, etc, etc.

I also like the suggestion someone else had about inter island cruises!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter