What would you do ?

kegafford

Mouseketeer
Hi Eveyone,

I need some help please :( The more and more I talk about my disney wedding everyone is like are you going to invite me :( Which not really a problem but here is my problem.

Right now I only have room for 2 more people before I go custom. I am afread that if I plan for a custom and not all of these people who want to come do not show up what am I going to do. It is a 6k at lease difference for custom and yeah I would do if if i * really * knew that they were coming.

So please tell me what would you do???

I am so lost here :( Thank god I have still ahve some time :confused3

When people ask, I would very nicely explain to them the situation of the intimate wedding and that there is only room for a very few people. That you would love for them to share your day with you, but it's just not an option. But let them know that you'd love to get together with them once you get back.

Maybe think about throwing a "2nd reception" for everyone you couldn't invite to the wedding once you get back home. That way those who couldn't make or you didn't have room for will still get a change to celebrate you wedding with you.

By going intimate you have the perfect out for not inviting a large group of people. You can just tell them that with the package you selected, Disney only allows you a certain number of guests (you can always fudge and say the limit is 15 or whatever, even if it is 20, they'll probably never know).

If you want a custom wedding, and are willing to pay for it, I would book it, no matter what number of guests are coming. You'll find its really easy to meet those week day minimums even with a small guest list. Otherwise, I would just politely tell people you would love to invite them, but you can't, and put the blame on Disney.

I agree with hmgolden. We are having an intimate wedding and at first it was suppose to be just us and my two boys, then my fiance's parents wanted to come, then his brother and sister and since I did not have anyone from my family coming I asked some people at work who mentioned it to others and the amount of people that wanted to come grew and I had to finally say no. Disney has a limit and that is it, I said you can go to Disney and join us in our lunch after the wedding and the rest of the week but could not attend the ceremony. They all seem to understand that Disney has their limits and that we really only want close family and friends there. Hope it all works out for you!

We were a custom wedding and after the totals were due people began asking if they could bring their gal/guy who was not on the list. Then as people ducked out at the very last moment we were left having payed for open seats, so we filled them with the gals/guys of our invitees. My suggestion is this, stay intimate. If people start asking if X and Y can come politely say that you are under very strict guest counts and each addition person will cost you $1000 (this should be enough for them to not ask again) but if a spot opens you'll let them know. If you feel like these people should be included then perhaps a hometown get together is the key, or maybe even a group lunch or dinner at WDW for those that you cannot include.

This was the exact reason we did an " intimate" wedding. We had too many people who we just "had" to envite.

Ya know what..you tell them "I am having an INTIMATE wedding!!, i am not spending a gazillion dollars, i am going away for a reason...b/c you want it to be INTIMATE!!!!"

Trust me i went through this w/ half my family and friends. You feel bad in the beginning but once you b/c a broken record they start getting what your saying.

Dont feel bad. If you only want a few people there..then only have a few...its your day, not theirs.

My wedding wa slast week, we had 10 guests..i LOVED it!
Now that i am home i just email all the pics out and a nice long email about how great it was and thats it. Dont worry!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter