What would you do?

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Plan' started by Amber1111, Dec 25, 2010.

1. Amber1111

Amber1111 DIS Veteran

We've been wanting to book a 2nd trip to Disney for 2011, and I saw the dining plan promotion. Well, we waited around until tonight to set something up and now I see that the promotion has ended. Has anyone ever had any luck sweet-talking a rep into giving the dining plan after a promotion has ended? I doubt it but I'm wondering if it's worth a shot.

Or, do you think they'd do this promotion again in early 2011? We're wanting to go mid-April. If we can't get the dining plan, I guess we might as well just stay off site to save money so we can then spend that money on food in the park. :)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Sandisw

Sandisw Moderator Moderator

I think that once a promotion is over, its over. However, you never know what the next one will be so hopefully, it will be something you can take advantage of.

Good luck!

4. clanmcculloch

clanmcculloch DIS Veteran

It's not a matter of sweet talking the CM. The computer won't accept the promotion code once it's expired. The CM can't give it to you even if he/she wants to.

I'm betting there'll be another promotion of some kind released by the first week of January (when the current room only promotion ends). Hopefully the next promotion will include your travel dates.

5. catne

catne DIS Veteran

there's still a chance they will offer the Free Dining again in 2011 (maybe at the "traditional" time they've had the promo going...Spring ads for the August-September reservations.

We booked a couple of rooms for the September free dining offer on the 2nd to last day booking was available...there were rooms available with the promotion in every category of room at 4 different resorts (mods & deluxes) and that was just the 4 I wanted to look at. So I'd guess they did not fill up those hotels before the promo ended.

6. The 4 "Quay"balleros

The 4 "Quay"balleros DIS Veteran

Call Disney and see if you have a pin under your name or spouses name. Last year I called and had a pin under my wife's account- we never got an email or snail mail about it. So you never know.

7. scrmomkt

scrmomkt Earning My Ears

we didnt take advantage of the free dining plan because the winter room rate actually saved us more money and we had to pay full price for a room to get the meal deal. look under the specials when booking- the winter rates are good, but dont wait too long, prices increase if not booked by the 31st