What would you do?

SnoweyWhite

DIS Veteran
My husband and I are trying to decide what to do for our anniversary in August. We have been discussing different options, but we keep coming back to Disney World. Our only hang up is that we won't be able to visit as long as we'd like. Right now it looks like the longest we would be able to stay would be 4 nights 5 days. What would you do? Go to Disney, or opt for something else and go to Disney another time when we can spend a longer visit there. Thanks in advance.

I'd take a cruise but I can go to Disney almost anytime depending on $ because I am just a few hours away. But if I were you (which I'm not LOL) I'd do what I wanted and what made me and hubby happy, 4 night or 2 or 10... whatever I had and make the most of it!

I'd do Disney World, but not focus on the rides and stuff that I normally do. If I was celebrating an anniversary I'd focus on relaxing and romantic anniversary "events." Maybe dinner at Victoria & Albert's and a Wishes cruise. Oh heck, I don't know. Maybe the only reason I said WDW was because thats the WDW addict in me talking. Do what ya'll will enjoy.

We have been doing a few smaller trips and still get everything done on our list. Just really take your time and enjoy your surrounding.

We're doing 5 days/4 nights for our anniversary this year at WDW. I figure any time you can spend at Disney is time well spent regardless of the length. We're going to do things we don't normally do like eat at some TS restaurants and do a tour.

Id do Disney. Anytime in Disney is a great time, no matter how long or short it is. At least you arent at home or at work!! You should still be able to do lots in that amount of time!!:cool1:

I thought you were going to say you only have 2 days! Most people only have 5 days or less for Disney, so it's really not that short of a trip. ;)

My wife wants to celebrate our 10 year anniversary at WDW. My only problem is that our 10 year will be in 2010.

My wife wants to celebrate our 10 year anniversary at WDW. My only problem is that our 10 year will be in 2010.

:lmao: Too long to wait! Tell her you want to make Anniversary 8 very special!!! :thumbsup2

Anyway ... back to the OP -- DH and I spent only 4 days -- travel in by plane, two FULL days, and travel out by plane for our 21st anniversary and we had a BLAST!!! We did not go commando on this trip. We had some special meals ... Le Cellier ... Tony's for our anniversary (not quite V&A but it was so much fun!). I picked a pearl in Epcot and had it set in a ring. Watched WISHES from the Poly Beach. We just had a wonderful anniversary ... and did not push too hard to make it to all the rides ... or even all the parks - we did not make it to MGM.

I hope you decide to go! :thumbsup2

Personally I'd do Sandals in the Carribean.

More romantic and different.

sounds like my dh and I, our 10th is in June. We were deciding between WDW, Vegas, Bahamas, or NYC. We finally decided on WDW. We haven't been alone to WDW since we had kids and we know we will have so much fun. We only have 4 days, but we are going to make the most of it. We can't wait.

We did a 3n/4d trip in December and it was just perfect! We did the KTTK tour at MK, a carriage ride, Candlelight Processional and toured some resorts - all things we don't normally do with the kids. I think 5 days is plenty! Have a great time!:banana:

Do Disney - but not at warp speed. Try to relax and not run around like crazy people to make sure you see everything. And plan on not seeing everything in advance so you are not running around trying to fit it all in.

We told each other we had to decide by the end of this weekend. I guess the reason I was asking is because the longest we could stay would be 4 nights/5 days but it might end up having to be 3 nights/4 days--depending on vacation days at work. Guess I should have clarified. Thanks for the replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter