What Would You Do With An Extra $800?

famsen

DIS Veteran
I have earned an extra $800 strictly to bring to Disney by doing some free-lance work. I want to use it for things I wouldn't normally do and get the most bang for my bucks. We love doing things outside of the norm of just visiting the parks and dining.

What would you do with an extra $800 to spend at Disney? What type of extra special experiences are worth it?

La Nouba
"Around the World" Segway Tour
Pals & Pirates Fireworks Cruise

La Nouba
"Around the World" Segway Tour
Pals & Pirates Fireworks Cruise

^^This.
I would just do a regular fireworks cruise tho not the pirate one.
Maybe some water sports.
A dessert party in Epcot.
There are several tours in Epcot and AK I would love to do.

Around the World on a Segway Tour
Keys to the Kingdom TOur
Wild Africa Trek

or maybe hire a vip personal tour guide for the day at one of the parks

How about a spa treatment at the Grand Floridian? That sounds heavenly! :goodvibes

I know you said outside of dining, but I believe V&A is truly special. It's on my bucket list! If I had the extra money, it would be at the top of my list. Especially the chef's table!

Well it depends on what kind of things interest you.

I did a ride along at the Richard Petty driving experience a few years ago and that was a lot of fun.

La Nouba tickets, tours, boat rentals would be fun. Will you have transportation while at Disney or are you limited to Disney property activities only? With a car you could do the dolphin experience at Discovery Cove at Sea World.

Probably save it so I can come back sooner. :)

Otherwise, go for a better Disney hotel, since I've only ever stayed at the All Star Movies resort.

Parasailing really intriques me-it looks like so much fun! Also taking in the bird's eye view of Disney is just an added bonus. :earsboy:

Illuminations Cruise.
Upgrade to Beach Club.
Keys to the Kingdom tour.

I also would consider buying souvenirs for some kids that I came across at the parks. However, I don't want to come across as a weird-o.

I have to agree with the person suggesting V&A. We were lucky enough to go two years ago and it is still one of our best memories. Chef's table would be awesome for us. But I would go back in a heartbeat.

I love the idea of buying soveniers for kids, or just some kind of pixie dust spread around. I believe it would come back on you twofold.

How about picking up another persons tab at dinner and telling the waitress/waiter not to tell them until after you leave. What a great surprise that would be for someone.

Depends on who's going on the trip I think. $800 can be spent completely different by a young couple vs a family with older kids vs a family with younger kids vs an older couple vs any other thing you can think of.

My husband really enjoyed the fishing excursion in front of the Magic Kingdom. I would book that, La Nouba and maybe parasailing. I did that once in Mexico and it was a blast.

Upgrade to DxDP and try out a bunch of signature restaurants.

That's all I can think of that hasn't already been suggested.

I would do:

Dining with an Imagineer (lunch, not dinner - it's a better value, IMO)
Segway Tour
Backstage Magic Tour

Whatever you choose, I hope you have a great time! :goodvibes

We did Discovery Cove (not exactly Disney but very close). It was so AWESOME!!! Plus you get free admission to SeaWorld with it. We did mostly Disney on our trip but spent a few days other places. Discovery Cove was great, all your food and drinks all day is included, breakfast, lunch and snacks. The Dolphin swim was very cool and the coral reef was incredible :cool1:

I am saving up to bring my mom.
Watching her enjoy her first trip and my DD playing tour guide
will be magical. :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter