What would you do on your last day?

Discussion in 'UK Trip Planning Forum' started by Neoshoegal, Jul 24, 2009.

1. Neoshoegal

Neoshoegal would rather be in Walt Disney World

Planning the last little details now for our upcoming trip and trying to decide what to do on our last day.
    For the final 3 days of our trip, we're going on a cruise. We'll be arriving on a Monday morning around 8am at Cape Canaveral. I guess we'll have a car hired by 9am or so. Our flight home is at 5.30pm from MCO.
    We've already visited KSC before so probably wouldn't be doing that.
    How would you fill the last (half) day?

(just 2 of us, no kids)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. gemmybear83

gemmybear83 <font color=royalblue>I would blame it all on Bob<

Last time we had a wander around Downtown Disney and a nice quiet lunch, it was great and relaxing. The only problem was trying to stuff everything into the cases!

4. howlongtillsummer?

howlongtillsummer? DIS Veteran

I would love to do something on my last day, but I am usually too sad and anxious to get to the airport to "get it over with!!"

Downtown Disney or Kissimmee Old Town is what I would do, if I did do something. Or maybe a nice lunch in a disney resort. Kona Cafe? Then you could have a stroll around the hotel or take the monorail around the resorts.

5. Mrs Doubtfire

Mrs Doubtfire DIS Veteran

Last time we went to Celebration and had a late lunch sat outside before going to the airport.

other years we have also been to DTD and hired one of the boats - that was nice and relaxing :)

6. DISWolves

DISWolves Dreams really can come true !!!!

Usually......Hotel to DTD Virgin check-in then off to M.K. Leave for the airport after watching the parade, however this year we will be arriving at DTD Virgin check-in from Port Canaveral after our first 4 night cruise, but I reckon we will still go to M.K. for the finale!

7. Neoshoegal

We're flying with BA this time so no DTD check in. Also, our Disney passes will have expired by then, so can't do the MK either.

8. jharrowell

jharrowell Disney Phreak

Given that what we're wearing for the day is what we arrive at the airport in, we usually try and mellow out and take it easy. The last thing you want is to turn up at the airport all hot and sweaty. (urgh!)

So we usually go to DTD, grab a bite to eat (at wolfgang pucks or if we feel like the walk at the Earl of Sandwich) then watch a flick! It's nice and air conditioned in the Cineplex and there's usually a film we won't see in the UK for a couple of months.

Other suggestions are Citywalk and chill out at Startbucks, or maybe Epcot and take a nice lazy tour of WS.

The thing I do avoid is proper park touring. That's way to energetic fo a last day.

Edit: Just saw that your park passes will be expired by then so ignore the Epcot suggestion. :)

9. loobylou44

loobylou44 Mouseketeer

Yes Celebration gets my vote also, we love it there.:goodvibes

10. Andrew Bichard

Andrew Bichard DIS Veteran

If you are on a 5:30 pm flight you won't have much time on your hands.

However, how about taking the A1A due north towards Daytona to look at all the seedy motels backing onto the beach. In Daytona and Ormond you can even drive on the beach itself. Pretend you're Malcolm Cambell! When you run out of time you can head over to the I4 and back to MCO.

I used to visit Daytona Beach every year in the early 1970s. Then a certain company set up business in Orlando and drained all the tourist dollars out of the rest of Florida and Daytona got seedier and seedier. I still have a great fondness for the place though!

Andrew

11. irongirlof12

irongirlof12 <font color=blue><marquee>Am I the only one who lo

we are doing a character breakfast and then will head to DTD, maybe visit disney quest.

It's a toughie as you don't want to get too tired out, but you want to make the most of every last precious second!

12. natalielongstaff

natalielongstaff <font color=deeppink>I need a cup of tea and a big

We are also planning a character breakfast and then a trip to Downtown disney :)

13. Neoshoegal

A character breakfast! That sounds like a great idea. Might go for that one :)

14. Neoshoegal

Booked a character breakfast at Cape May :thumbsup2 Was hoping for 1900 Park Fare but was all booked there, no biggie.
    Perfect, a last minute Disney fix before we fly back. Thanks!

15. heatherbelle

heatherbelle DIS Veteran

What about a meal in one of the resorts.

On our last day, we always to go Chef Mickey's for a late breakfast and then go into the MK for the last few hours.

If you won't have park tickets, try a meal in one of the monorail resorts, and then ride the monorail around epot, take the boat then form the monorail main station, and take a boat to the MK, and then another boat over to Wilderness lodge. It's a fantastic resort. We did this on the recommendation of a friend of ours and it was a lovely few hours looking around.

16. Chris and Pooh

Chris and Pooh Airport Parking

We have, and will be going to one of the water parks and chill out til about about 14:00 then shower up prior to leaving for mco and our flight

17. Lizzybear

Lizzybear <font color=purple>You fool! You gave cheese to a

We did Chef Mickey for breakfast then DTD check-in (wouldn't bother again) and Disney Quest. This year our flight is early afternoon so we're just doing breakfast at Boma then straight to the airport.

18. Netty

Netty <font color=deeppink>A six foot palm from Wal-Mart

enjoy your character breakfast at cape may-that one is on my to do list!

just out of curiosity-being nosey more like :rotfl: why wouldnt you do DTD check-in again?

19. fairytale

fairytale DIS Veteran

From past experience each time we have checked in at DTD the queues for Economy have been ridiculous. You could literally not see were the queue ended:eek: Good job it wasnt raining :eek:

I mentioned to DH last October that if we had been travelling economy there is no way I would wait in line that long, and reckoned that MCO check in would have been considerably shorter.

20. Lizzybear

Lizzybear <font color=purple>You fool! You gave cheese to a

I can see the attraction of it for others but we tried it once and wouldn't bother again... Mainly because I highly doubt we'd do a VH package again (too expensive and doesn't work for the travelling around type of holiday we do) but if we were flying with VA I wouldn't pay for it as I didn't feel it was worth it for us, prefer to do online check-in for free then go to the airport as normal. I'm too paranoid to delay leaving for the airport and would prefer to spend the DTD check-in time doing something else :)

21. Netty

Netty <font color=deeppink>A six foot palm from Wal-Mart

the VA staff at dtd check-in told us to avoid coming around 10am, as thats around the time that the hotels need their guests out by