1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

What would you choose AOA..CBR..CSR..or PO

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by loreper9, Feb 19, 2013.

1. loreper9

loreper9 Earning My Ears

Hi there!!:) I would like to get your opinions on these following resorts since you guys are the Disney experts..hehe We are doing a land and sea package and currently staying at AOA Pre trip but I'm starting to think twice only because I keep reading how far the walk is from the mermaid room to lobby. I really dont mind the walk but not sure my hubby will feel the same. My daughters are 5 and love Ariel. What other resort would you recommend? I might consider doing AKL but that will be last resort. Trying to budget but want to be comfortable. Please help...:confused3

Lori

Disney Port Orleans
    Disney Caribbean beach
    Disney Coronado springs

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. twinboysmom

twinboysmom DIS Veteran

If you are worried about walk times, the 3 resorts you are asking aout are very large and spread out as well. They all have bus stops that are close but unless you pay for preferred rooms, you may have a lengthy walk to the food court, etc. If you have Ariel lovers you picked the right resort.

4. snykymom

snykymom Still tagless after all these years

Just an FYI - standard abbreviations are:
    Caribbean Beach Resort: CBR
    Coronado Springs Resort: CSR
    Port Orleans: PO - but since there are two, it's either POR (Riverside) or POFQ (French Quarter)

POFQ is actually the smallest resort. Everything's very walkable.

CSR, POR and CBR are large resorts, but they all have "preferred" rooms which you can reserve at a higher price which are closer to the main building and/or pool.

Another option, which are pretty close to the pool and main building, is to check out the Royal Guest Rooms at POR. Take a look here:
    http://www.portorleans.org/royal-rooms.php
    Scroll down for pictures.

Your daughters would probably love it!

5. loreper9

loreper9 Earning My Ears

Thank you ladies!! It looks like AOA for now. My daughters just saw the photos and started yelling with excitement..(they have no idea we are going) but I showed them the pics to see there reaction.

Thanks for giving me the correct abbreviations LOL I totally couldn't remember them. Just one of those days :)

6. loreper9

loreper9 Earning My Ears

snykymom- I just viewed the link you sent me and it's definitely something my daughters will love. Thanks for the great suggestion. I will be looking into it this evening. :thumbsup2