What would you change at WDW?

Im not sure the dining plan is solely to blame, but you are correct. Many of the dining establishments have gone downhill. Many restraunts in touristy places get away with being average because they don't rely heavily on repeat business. Plus when your at Disney you have to eat what is there.

No you don't. Disney is the only place I am aware of that allows you to bring in your own food.

I think Joe Average Guest carries a lot of the blame for the dumbing down of the menus. Look at the new Skipper's Canteen. They have tried a menu that is very different from the typical theme park food, and reports are hardly anyone is eating there. Even Be our Guest gets all sorts of complaints on the kids menu, that it is too weird and has no "normal" food. Unfortunately the majority of guests want food that is familiar.

No you don't. Disney is the only place I am aware of that allows you to bring in your own food.

I think Joe Average Guest carries a lot of the blame for the dumbing down of the menus. Look at the new Skipper's Canteen. They have tried a menu that is very different from the typical theme park food, and reports are hardly anyone is eating there. Even Be our Guest gets all sorts of complaints on the kids menu, that it is too weird and has no "normal" food. Unfortunately the majority of guests want food that is familiar.

So probably less than 2% of guests bring a full meal in with them. That's why Disney allows it. It doesn't affect the point I was making.

I thought you were making the point that once you were in a Disney park you had to eat their food. If that wasn't your point, sorry my mistake.

1. Have a daily parade in every park.
2. Make Tomorrowland Speedway electric.
3. Scrap Stictch and Monsters Inc. and bring back Mickey and Minnie's houses in their place.
4. Create a really good Alice in Wonderland ride.
5. Scrap Innoventions, Ellen, Figment, and replace them with something genuinely interesting or exciting.
6. Bring back Maelstrom, and add an interesting boat ride to every W.S. country that doesn't already have one.
7. Restore Hollywood Studios to its former glory, including the backlot tour, Scorcerer's Hat, and Osborne lights.
8. Sell Disney's interest in Star Wars, and use the money to build a fifth park.

1. Have a daily parade in every park.
2. Make Tomorrowland Speedway electric.
3. Scrap Stictch and Monsters Inc. and bring back Mickey and Minnie's houses in their place.
4. Create a really good Alice in Wonderland ride.
5. Scrap Innoventions, Ellen, Figment, and replace them with something genuinely interesting or exciting.
6. Bring back Maelstrom, and add an interesting boat ride to every W.S. country that doesn't already have one.
7. Restore Hollywood Studios to its former glory, including the backlot tour, Scorcerer's Hat, and Osborne lights.
8. Sell Disney's interest in Star Wars, and use the money to build a fifth park.

#7--They did restore Hollywood Studios to it's formal glory by removing the Sorcerer's Hat. I hated that thing from the time they put it up. I got goose bumps walking into the park, and seeing the view back to the way it was, without that hat in the way. It is glorious!

Magic kingdom needs a thrill ride.
Scrap the speedway. Lots of real estate that could be used for something better.
Bring back the old fast pass where you get it issued at the ride or show,but keep the magic bands.

Future World doesn't really have a reliable concept. Besides looking old and dated (go figure), it's also irrelevant. Technology moves so quickly now that you can't really make attractions based on the future work.

The real draw of Epcot is World Showcase.

So here's what I propose: completely re-brand and re-do Future World. Add two new countries to the north side of World Showcase Lagoon. Keep Spaceship Earth as the park's focal point. But everything else, rework from the ground up. Make FW a section of the park that celebrates all things World. Perhaps a pavilion that recreates certain points in history, like the Roman era. Maybe a re-creation of the Egyptian pyramids (The Imagination buildings would work :D ). Right through the heart of the new FW have like a covered World Bazaar, with shops, food kiosks, the whole bit.

Also: there has got to be a better way to handle parade seating. New Orleans, Louisiana brings out bleachers at certain points along the parade route for some Mardi Gras parades; perhaps they could incorporate movable bleachers. Ditto for the Fireworks shows.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter