What would you change about DVC if you could?

Well, since we are pretending a perfect world: I would give an extra 10-15% off the cost of an add-on, with increased amounts for each time you added on, maybe capped with 30% off.

Last minute discounts of point charges for unusued rooms, to encourage more points stays, not just in DVC but in all hotels on-property.

Special relaxing areas, and special viewing areas, like they did last year for AP holders.

Online viewing of all info concerning my contract, and 24 hour round the clock reservations system online.

Preferred, preferred seating for DVC members for all restaurants.

Free rounds of golf, or free boating, for those who stay a week or longer on points.

No can-can girls or housekeeping, but I wouldn't mind Chippendale guys cavorting in the lobby.:p :p

Originally posted by Cruelladeville
No can-can girls or housekeeping, but I wouldn't mind Chippendale guys cavorting in the lobby.:p :p

a_smil09.gif
a_smil09.gif
a_smil09.gif
a_smil09.gif

After reading this thread, I've decided I want ncligs' sense of humor included in all DVC mailings and activities!

I am very serious here:

1. Renters do not get "member" room keys, they are not members.
2. Charge for items that disappear from the rooms and charge for damage done to the rooms.
3. Make one smoking building accessable from the laundry room for those "smokers" who have guests.
4. Donate food left in the room, unopened, to a food bank or let the housekeeping staff keep the items. ( I hate waste).
5. A discount on passes would be nice, but, I would not hold my breath.
6. Bring back the placemats and napkins. Again, charge the idiots who take them.
7. Have a better assortment of movies.

I would like DVC to offer members a life time park entry pass for a one time fee correlated with the amount of points you own. A DVC ski resort would be awesome.

Fewer points for weekends.

And I LIKE not having housekeeping.

I'd like to vote for the Chippendales guys - or maybe just Chip and Dale, since it IS Disney.

I could also do without housekeeping/trash and towel. Online access to info about our points is a necessity. This would decrease calls to Member Services and possibly decrease dues in result. I am guessing that there would be start up costs for online access but it would theoretically cost less in the long run.

How about adding a VCR (or DVD) player to the master BR. It would cost maybe $50.00.

Change how Disney corp views DVC members. Dollars that DVCers spend shouldn't be taken for granted. Lets have a real park pass discount. Also, reduce the rip-off point charges for the DCL and DC. Bring them back to the 2001 levels.

5 in 1BR officially sanctioned....especially when it is parents and kids.

Allow dues to be charged to a credit card monthly instead of bank account.

Online account and reservation look-up. Better and more plentiful member discounts on cash rooms at DVC resorts. Like 30-35%.

First and foremost, I would like a discount on the APs.
I would like to be able to access my account and make ressies online. And yes, PLEASE a fast food type place at BWV, like Roaring Forks.
Oh and even though technically it's not a DVC resort only problem..the bus service--stopping at all 5 Epcot hotels--ridiculous. At least seperate them into 2 bunches, perhaps the Swan and Dolphin together and then the BWV, Y&BC and BCV. Even THAT would be an improvement for me.

Originally posted by jcodespoti
Free Beer in every room!!!WOOHOO!! (over 21 of course):p :p :p :p :p :p :p

Joe in CT

p.s. and what everybody else said to
HMMMM, combine that with my can-can girls, and we could go into business for ourselves........:teeth:

To Gale Hayden:

As far as donating food or let housekeeping keep it, when I last stayed, my fiancee and I had about 8 bottles of beer and some snacks left over(I will not mention when or what resort since Disney sometimes peeks at these threads) but I asked the bellhop if he/she could think of something to do with these items when they were picking up my bags at check-out and they assured me they would be put to good use. Probably had a few beers and chips while watching the can-can girls ;)

Originally posted by jcodespoti
Free Beer in every room!!!WOOHOO!! (over 21 of course)

Originally posted by Maistre Gracey
HMMMM, combine that with my can-can girls, and we could go into business for ourselves........:teeth:

smileybreasts.gif
beerchug.gif
biggthumpup.gif

Online access would be real nice. Even if you made a request and it ws confirmed the next day.

I wish the sales people would stop lying.

Enforce the occupancy limits.

Unfortunately, as nice as DVC is, as good of a deal that it is, DVC slaes folk still lies. They lie about home reosrt, they lie about room occupancy and it just does us all a diservice.

Here it goes..

1) A formal policy for additional guests. Perhaps a modest fee per person per night. We're a family of 4, but I appreciate the problem for those with 5.

2) On-line everything. Reservations, reports, paying dues, its. If DVC's reading this, I do this stuff for a living... HIRE ME!! I'll work for points! ;)

3) Better deals for Member Getaways. As our member base goes does this give us additional buying power? MGs are expensive.

4) Better deal on passes. But they've already got my money, I can't see why they'd want to do this.

5) Make it easier to rent points. Make it so we could sell our available point's back to DVC, and have DVC re-sell them to members only (on-line of course). Minimum purchase, 1 point.

That's enough for now.

As an FYI -

Our "salesperson" was Susan Schell. I felt she did a complete and thorough job of ensuring we understood the features and benefits of DVC.

I feel she presented DVC to us in a fair and ethical way. We understood "home" resort, banking/borrowing et al fairl completely after talking with her.

Not sure if others feel their "salesperson" lied to them but am somewhat surprised since we had a terrific experience which was low key. She simply laid things out and let us make our own decision without pressure.

Mojomanny
Lost count but over 20 Disney vacations including 7 day cruise, DisneyLand and WDW. Proud DVC Owners

The DVC castmember who introduced us to the program was thorough. She answered every question we posed in a way we could understand - she also gave a very good overview of the different resorts, options and kept in touch with us regarding any questions.

By the way, her name is Carol Ann DeAngelo.

Rae

1) A formal policy for additional guests. Perhaps a modest fee per person per night. We're a family of 4, but I appreciate the problem for those with 5.

There is a formal policy for this, read your docs.

There is a formal policy for this, read your docs.
Pleeeeeeeze --- lets not turn this thread into the tired old worn out debate about room occupancy. Comments like this do not address the original posters question and intent of this thread. No sense in this thread ending up as closed, there are some great ideas listed. Can we please move on with additional ideas for improvement?

What great ideas! I would love to see any of the ideas come to fruition.

On-line access is #1 on my list. Making reservations and canceling reservations, account information, banking points, borrowing points, points about to expire 6mth out and some report capablility. It should be very simular to online banking. Making special requests for rooms could be a note field. Changing reservation, like add nights, arriving on a different day, upgrading to a larger room, downsizing to a smaller room, should be done by phone. Changing resorts could be handled by cancelling one reservation and than making another or a call to MS. I take the bare bones of the system and have them add the bells and whistles later.

Discounts on AP's would be #2 on my list but I think it would need another hook to get "the powers to be" to OK it. A DVCAP might cost a little more than an AP but would have another perk with it. Like 10% discount + the regular Member discount 10% = 20% at select restaurants in the parks and at the resorts. This could generate more cash for them and less cooking for me. A win-win. Maybe a additional 2% off merchandise above the Member discount at selected stores. This would get me coming back more often and staying in the parks.

I also liked the landry products vending machine idea. I've run out and needed to do one more load. I would have used it rather than bring clothes home to be washed.

They are my top 3 wishes. I take any of the suggestions except the dancing girls and prefer to keep my thoughs to myself on Chip & Dale. LOL To funny!

Sandy B.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!