What would Walt think of pin trading?

Discussion in 'The DIS Unplugged Podcast' started by *NikkiBell*, Apr 20, 2008.

1. *NikkiBell*

*NikkiBell* The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible Moderator

After listening to a recent email show discussing Walt's thoughts on current "Disney-doings," I got to thinking about pin trading. How do you think Walt would view Disney pin trading? Although it is beginning to lose its luster, many pin enthusiasts are still keeping the hobby strong. Others view the activity as a brilliant money-making scheme. I'd love to know the podcasters' thoughts.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. IWISHFORDISNEY

IWISHFORDISNEY <font color=darkorchid>Cant get enough of the mous

We did it for the first time last trip our son was 3 and just kind of getting it. He had fun doing it on that level. He was given those tink share pins which he gave one to grammy. I think the hardcore thing is a bit much.

4. WaltD4Me

WaltD4Me <font color=royalblue>PS...I tried asking for wate

I think would have liked pin trading. It helped develop another community for Disney lovers. Yes, it's a money maker, but it's a pretty cool money maker. I'm not a huge collector, but I do love my pins. I love special event pins, like for Flower & Garden and I love pins specific to the parks. I only have about 60pins, but the ones I have all hold special memories and I think Walt would have thought they were great for just that, commemorating your Disney experience.

5. drakethib

drakethib DIS Veteran

I think he would like the idea, but I think he would get sticker shock at the pricing.

6. checkwriter

checkwriter DIS Veteran

I've got to think that he would love the way it encourages interaction between guests and cast members, as well as between guests and other guests.

7. SunnieRN

SunnieRN DIS Veteran

I think he would be happy with pin trading but unhappy with pin scalpers...

As for that....most disney keepsakes are out of reach of a lot of families, especially those with several children. Pressed pennies and pins are very nice keepsakes.

8. cmwade77

cmwade77 DIS Veteran

I think that if it brings a smile to their faces he would enjoy it, but I also think he would have tried to find a way to stop the scalpers as well as the people that are rude with it.

9. astrodrummergirl

astrodrummergirl The DLRP ads are taunting me!!!!!!

I agree with all of you, Walt would praise it for its ability to get people interacting who would otherwise not be, however I'm sure he would be not so pleased with pin sharks.

10. WaltD4Me

WaltD4Me <font color=royalblue>PS...I tried asking for wate

Anytime you have something that is collectible you are going to have sharks.
    People who take the fun out of it. They are hard to stop. Just like scummy ticket scalpers. :mad:

11. mommyceratops

mommyceratops <font color=red>Covets Clown School<br><font color

I think he would like it....

But not the sharks he would give them a kick in the you know where.....:confused3

12. tinkbutt

tinkbutt DIS Veteran

ditto!!! I love the pins but no way am I spending that much unless the pin is extremely cool!!!!