What would Walt think about today?

Collin WK

Mouseketeer
I know Walt had a vision for the future of disney parks. How do you think Walt would view Disney parks if he saw them today?

I know Walt had a vision for the future of disney parks. How do you think Walt would view Disney parks if he saw them today?

I think he would be proud of the Magic Kingdom park, but would think the rest of WDW was a cop out. He had much much grander plans in mind for the Florida property. The real EPCOT for example. And all the extensive canal work and water management were done with these grander plans in mind, not just to support 4 theme parks and some hotels. But what are you going to do- Disney is a corporation now, with leaders who don't feel they should take those kinds of risks anymore. Sigh.

I'm with you ... I. would love to see disney create the original plans for Epcot as a society and not as much of a theme park as Walt first designed it. But just as you said they're a business and a rather huge one at that but it would be so amazing to see them take such an amazing risk one day.

Well, lets get a shareholder group together then to push for that, lol. That's really the only thing that would push executives into doing it, if the shareholders demanded it. But good luck getting those large institutional shareholders to get on board, sigh. But yes I wish someone would build it. It still would be cutting edge and a shining example for other cities to aspire to even today.

This thread isn't about theme parks planning, so I've moved it to the Theme Parks Community board. :)

i think he would be pretty damn impressed with the constructions that have happened and the rides that have been developed.

Walt was a inventor the origional Imagineer, if you can dream it you can built it kind of guy,

after seeing some of the attractions that have come over the years, like Mission;Space, thats probably what he wanted to accomplish when he devloped space mountain making people believe they were in outer space.

i think he would be proud that some of the cast members have stuck around since the park opened and are still as cheery as ever!

from the Parks aspect i believe he would be proud of,

i think the movie side of things... may be a different story.

i think after the 2nd wave of disney hand drawn animation ended and the aweful sequels began i think he would have hated them.

i think he would have kept up with the times as thats what he always did, so pixar and that style of animation would still have happened,

i just think he would have continued the fantasy stories he started with snow white and get another generation into the magic.

but as you can imagine, walt couldnt have seen what the future was to hold. who knows what would have happened.

i think he started this great company and now its up to others to continue to keep it going,

i think wrek-it-ralph has saved the company a little bit, some of the recent movies live action were below par,

princess and the frog went back to basics and has now become a classic, i think they should follow trhat trend, keep making your wrek-it-ralphs and your cgi animation movies, but once in a while a traditional disney classic needs to appear, handrawn fantasy to keep the true legacy of disney animation alive.

:wizard:

I think he would be pleased with some things. He was a wonderful man, I hope he is happy with the parks. We sure love it

I don't think he would be pleased with how much princess stuff there is there now. (not saying I am not pleased with it :) )

everybody has great opinions.... does anyone know if there are any remaining members of the disney extended family still in the management of disney?

I think he would be disappointed by how much his plans for Epcot were scaled back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter