What would 12 & 13-year-olds do in Downtown Disney?

fabwallsmom

Earning My Ears
I've never been to this part of WDW. I've heard it was just nightclubs, but apparently there's stuff for kids and teens, too??? Is there anything good for a 12 or 13 year old to do, or should we spend time elsewhere. So little time! Don't want to waste it anywhere!

Robin
(in early planning stages of trip this summer)

Pleasure Island is one section of DD. This is the area where the nightclubs and some of the restaurants are located. After 7:00 p.m. (when everything starts to open) there is an admission charge. This area really isn't that great for under age kids but does have some things -- the Comedy Warehouse, some games of chance, some shops, etc.

Downtown Disney though has 2 other areas -- Disney Marketplace and Disney West Side. There are many more restaurants and stores to explore. Sometimes there is entertainment. It's a beautiful fun area and there's no cover to walk around! The World of Disney Store I'm sure will be of interest to them.

www.downtowndisney.com might give you an idea of what's there.

I heard there were virtual reality games there...im sure they would enjoy that

Shop. There is also a huge lego section at the lego store where anyone is free to build something, or in the new Toy store a build your own potatoe head section. If they are pin collecters its a great place to buy and trade. The only virtual reality games I know of are in Disney Quest which is in the West side and charges admission, but I could be wrong.

There's also a movie theater and a marina.

DisneyQuest is lots of fun and the AMC 24 (movie theatre) is a beautiful facility and a nice respite on a 'let's just relax' day.

House of Blues and Planet Hollywood should appeal to kids that age, maybe Rainforest Cafe, though I would think it would be more for little kids.

No Question - DISNEY QUEST!!!!

My teens could have spent their whole vacation in there, if I'd let them. Even I'm anxious to get back there again. It's got a lot of virtual reality "rides" as well as all kinds of video games and lots of arcade games. You can get discounted tickets from Ticketmania.com or a very few of the passes do include admission- I believe the length-of-stay passes.

There's also a HUGE Virgin Megastore that teens are drawn to.

Another vote for DisneyQuest. I have to go there at least once a trip to play. Ahhh.. nothing like playing video games without quarters. And the Virtual Reality games are a lot of fun too.

If they play well together the Aztec Cars are a lot of fun. One person controls a car from a terminal looking at the screen through the cars camera, the other person finds the car in the glass maze on the floor and tells the other person where to drive to get pieces. Its fun, people yelling, Turn Right! Go Straight!! Ok... now turn Left. ;) You get the Idea.

And the games!! Awsesome games! I plan on spending some
serious game time there!!! Gotta luv it!

Teen DS and his buddies LOVE Disney Quest and the Guitar Store!

Not to also mention the House of Blues store, they think that's
"Sweet" as they put it.
And there's always the Legos store, even when they get older.

This is the part of the Disney vacation were you can drop the
BIG BUCKS.....a day or night at DTD!

:earseek: ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter