What will we celebrate? BLESSINGS!!*Trip # 10

Just wanted to comment on something real quick Shawna. A girl at my church just graduated from Hillsong International Leadership college! Yes, she went all the way to Australia. Her aunt is our worship leader and her mom and younger sister also sing in our worship group. So needless to say, we sing a lot of Hillsong music which is awesome!

Ok, I'm done babbling now!

Oh...that's cool!!! How awesome for her!!!!! You aren't babbling...I love to hear all about my friends' stuff!!!!
I can't stand that automated junk. And once you get to a real person, they ask you ALL the same things you just answered into the automated system. Ridiculous! Crossing my fingers you get air fare ASAP!!!!!

I go to a Methodist church too. I love their contemporary service- the kids love the music! :thumbsup2

Now go get some flights!!!!

I know.. what's the point of all that anyway...I would much rather just listen to good music and rest!! Why make me punch all those buttons? Waste of time! I wanted to do tickets tonight...HOA meeting went long...hopefully tomorrow!!! I know it's a nailbiter!!!!!!! I also have my 45 day mark coming up!!! Lordy,...I hope I dont forget it! Ha!!! NOT!!!!

Just had to chime in about the PK's. My husband is a preacher's kid. He went through a year or so of rebellion but once I came along, he stopped all that. Course, we were married at just 18 (and still going strong after 25 years) so he didn't have too much time to rebel.;)

My grandfather was a missionary. His dad was a pastor. His brother was a pastor. My husband's dad and two of his brothers are pastors.

My daughter is going to missionary college in Georgia and teaches children's church at their local church. She has done missionary work all over the United States. She works in a homeless shelter once or twice a month in Atlanta. She volunteers her time to work with a mentally and physically handicapped baseball team. During the Summers, she works at several different youth camps. One was for Autistic children, another was for children whose families couldn't afford to send them to Summer camp and yet another was a Christian based youth camp. Can you tell that Mama is super proud of her baby?:laughing:

Oh, and the only time my daughter got in trouble at school was when she skipped to attend prayer meeting at church! Everybody laughed at her and said "who skips school to go to church?"

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Day 4 Wed Dec 9

Okay!!! We are up to day 4 of this trip!!! Today will be fairly early...I don't know if we will make it a RD day or not. You can give me your opinions on this. We are going to start our day at Epcot!!! We all love Soarin'!! Well, 4 out of 5!!! ha!!! But it's gonna be a family ride!! If it's not crazy long..we can do it twice..if not, once will have to do!!!!
My middle son just loves going into the innoventions building and watching those robot pieces..or what ever they are....make music. He just stands there for the LONGEST time...doesn't say a word....just watches. He is so cute!! He also loves Figment..so we will have to do that too!!! We have no sure fire plan for this part of the morning...but.. we are making our way to the W.S.:yay:
I love looking at all those countries!! usually this is our evening park...where we go to a different country every night for supper. But, I got a kid that wants to see some characters in their homeland....so, we will be hunting Snow White in Germany, Belle in France, Marie (the cat) in France, Jasmine by Morocco, Mulan in China....and of course, Mary Poppins, Alice, and Pooh and gang in the UK. (Did I forget anybody?)
As you know by now..the UK is one of my favorites...so this is where we will eat lunch today!!!! We have ressies at the Rose & Crown!!! YUMMY!!!! This poor place gets such mixed reviews!! I personally think the dinner choices are better than the lunch ones sometimes... but it's still great! We all love the soup!! Also, the roast beef sandwich is to die for!! I think they call it the Ploughmans Lunch. Anybody know?:confused3 Well, whatever they call it...my kids will get the bangers & mash!! They get it every time!! The staff here is always super friendly!! trip before last we had a girl from Ireland...and last time we met a girl from close to Statford-on-Avon!!! They were the sweetest girls!!! Gave us tons of info too.
So..after lunch we will roam around for as long as we want.... I think today maybe head back around 2-ish.
Tonight is the Spectro/Wishes at MK:yay::wizard: Totally wonderful! So, we will have to grab a sidewalk spot!! I think I might let dh and ds13 get some hot dogs from Caseys....eat on our spot!!!! totally depends on if we have already had Caseys... I can't do Hot Dogs twice:sad2: But...we really want to see this parade...so we will be the typical tourists...grappling for a good spot to watch!! Maybe we should go down toward frontierland...I don't know... we will just have to see what time we get there. So..today/tonight is gonna be without a structured plan(*gasp*)...can I do it?:lmao:
We of course, will wander around for a bit after the fireworks...don't want to get in that mob getting out of the parks.I have to admit I like to just sit for about 15 minutes...let the majority get out.....it's another great opportunity to people watch!! I am amazed how many people act like they HAVE to be the first one out after Wishes....do they think we will be locked in? And really, if we were, wouldn't that be just awesome!!!!
On a serious note..we saw a kid who was lost, find her mom one year. She was scared to death....the cms who walk down the street before the parade with black pants and the cute vests had her....she was telling her all her info....then a fireman came.....then a few minutes later someone was bringing the mom....(Fireman was radioing someone) .....it was remarkable how fast that was. When the kid saw her mom, I thought she was gonna :faint: with relief!! A few of us started clapping...it was great. But... I think the mom was mad...my dh looked at me and shook his head, like quit clapping. I was all excited,,,then we all (the clappers) looked at the mom. I just thought "oh, boy". She might have just been freaked out... but she looked mad. YIKES!!!! I know that had nothing to do really with my plans..but it did make a mental connection with my last Spectro experience!!! :rotfl:
Maybe we will even hang out at the candy store for a bit!! Gotta looooove that place!!! I think I can taste the fudge even now......
And I will make our crew walk home tonight! The line for the monorail is gonna be ridiculous....and by the time we got ON the monorail, we would already be over there.So....it'll be nighty night after all this!!!!

Hello everybody!!!! Well, we are enjoying some cooool fall weather with 0 humidity...so yippee for us!!!:yay: I am going to post about our next day coming up later...but for now....a little countdown!!!

7 WEEKS!!!!:yay::cheer2: 50 DAYS:cheer2::yay:

YAY!!! ME TOO!!I love celebrating with you!

But YIKES! I don't feel too ready or organized. What am I doing???

Oh...that's cool!!! How awesome for her!!!!! You aren't babbling...I love to hear all about my friends' stuff!!!!

I know.. what's the point of all that anyway...I would much rather just listen to good music and rest!! Why make me punch all those buttons? Waste of time! I wanted to do tickets tonight...HOA meeting went long...hopefully tomorrow!!! I know it's a nailbiter!!!!!!! I also have my 45 day mark coming up!!! Lordy,...I hope I dont forget it! Ha!!! NOT!!!!
My favorite ones are the automated that recognize voices- only trouble is that they recognize all the background noises too! With kids running around it's hard to get through!

Your Day 4 looks *mahvelous* :goodvibes We did Spectro/Wishes night at MK last time and getting out was a major headache! We're going to skip Spectro night this time around.

Hooray for 7 weeks!!!!!!! 50 days sounds so close!!!!!!​

Loving reading this.. Still gotta read more. Just wanted to say hi. I will also be there in december :)

You're trip is really getting close! I'm so excited for you and your family!! :yay: Day 4 sounds excellent.

your epcot/mk day looks great.

I have yet to eat at Rose and Crown, but not because of mixed reviews...I don't know why...hmmm...will have to think about that one.

it seems that the pace you're taking is just right not too fast/not too slow...relatively relaxed:thumbsup2

Hey Girl! :goodvibes

Still Lovin' those plans! :thumbsup2 We watched Spectro from an AWESOME spot last year! Down in Fronteirland, right outside the Shootin' Arcade, there is a raised platform. The kids stood on the platform and we bellied up to the rope! PERFECT spot! I think the parade started on main st at around 7ish and we were in our spot at about 630. It was a bit of a wait on a pretty chilly night but well worth it!

Here are a couple of pics -

DSC02039.jpg

DSC02041.jpg

DSC02043.jpg

DSC02044.jpg

Enjoy the Parade from wherever you end up watching it! It IS FABULOUS!!! :cool1:

YAY!!! ME TOO!!I love celebrating with you!

But YIKES! I don't feel too ready or organized. What am I doing???
I am waiting on you to post your plans on here with me!!! Most of our days are the same!!! So...fill us in!!!
Loving reading this.. Still gotta read more. Just wanted to say hi. I will also be there in december :)
Hello!! When in Dec?
My favorite ones are the automated that recognize voices- only trouble is that they recognize all the background noises too! With kids running around it's hard to get through!

Your Day 4 looks *mahvelous* :goodvibes We did Spectro/Wishes night at MK last time and getting out was a major headache! We're going to skip Spectro night this time around.

Hooray for 7 weeks!!!!!!! 50 days sounds so close!!!!!!​

I know!! Thats why we are hanging around til the crowd disperses!! I am always sooo tired after those parades!
:cool1::woohoo:YAY for 7 WEEKS!!!!:woohoo::cool1:
I am excited too~ but you are STILL ahead of me!!!!

You're trip is really getting close! I'm so excited for you and your family!! :yay: Day 4 sounds excellent.

your epcot/mk day looks great.

I have yet to eat at Rose and Crown, but not because of mixed reviews...I don't know why...hmmm...will have to think about that one.

it seems that the pace you're taking is just right not too fast/not too slow...relatively relaxed:thumbsup2

Hey Girl! :goodvibes

Still Lovin' those plans! :thumbsup2 We watched Spectro from an AWESOME spot last year! Down in Fronteirland, right outside the Shootin' Arcade, there is a raised platform. The kids stood on the platform and we bellied up to the rope! PERFECT spot! I think the parade started on main st at around 7ish and we were in our spot at about 630. It was a bit of a wait on a pretty chilly night but well worth it!

Here are a couple of pics -

DSC02039.jpg

DSC02041.jpg

DSC02043.jpg

DSC02044.jpg

Enjoy the Parade from wherever you end up watching it! It IS FABULOUS!!! :cool1:

Thanks!! I think Day 4 will be fun too!!! Kim~ love those pics...and that spot sounds awesome!! I will try to remember that one!! Thanks for hanging out with me!!!!!

Hello!! When in Dec?

I will be there Nov.30-Dec.7. I will be at magic kingdom on the 6th also like you are. I am also doing mvmcp that night :santa:

I am waiting on you to post your plans on here with me!!! Most of our days are the same!!! So...fill us in!!!

Well, since you asked (and I have the info right here next to me!):

Day one - 12/5 arrival - don't know what time since we're driving, but I'm hoping by 2 p.m. Check in at AKL! We have a savannah view room with bunk beds for one night. We're probably not going to get to AK, so this will have to do. We'll explore the resort, grab some food (want to try zebra domes) and maybe hit a park or DTD. The rest of our group doesn't arrive until 12/6, so we're just going to wing it. MK has pm EMH, so that could be a possibility, but I'm guessing it will be crowded.

Day two - We'll check out and then check in at Bay Lake Tower. We have lunch ADR at Kona at 12:05 so until then, we're going to wing it - again. I doubt we'll go to a park, maybe DTD or sleep in (HA!) and explore AKL some more.
We will meet up with the gang and have ADRs at Crystal Palace at 4:40 and then MVMCP!!

Day three 12/7 - I'm thinking rope drop at DHS to hit TSMM. DH and DD6 didn't do it last time b/c she was scared (of what? the unknown apparently). We're going to do a couple things like the Little Mermaid (that was closed in Jan) and probably leave before 3. We have ADRs at Teppan Edo at 5:20. I was thinking in between of heading to the boardwalk or YC an BC to check out decorations. We don't ride TOT or RNRR, and we just saw Indy and B&B, so they're not a priority. NOt sure what night we're going to come back for Osborne lights yet. Maybe Tuesday (but that's Fantasmic night and I'm not sure if we're going to bother with F! May be too crowded). Might stay at Epcot for the evening and Illuminations.

Day four - 12/8 - EPCOT am EMH. Don't know that we really need to rush over there, but I'd like to finally try Soarin! We also have ADRs at Tutto Italia at 2:20. We were able to get LeCellier for four people in our group who hadn't tried it yet (sadly I let them take it since I was just there in Jan. I better not hear how they didn't like it! :) ) I was thinking this might be a good night to avoid DHS, since it is Fantasmic and I don't need to see it, as much as I love it. Last time we sat in the rain and watched it! Maybe this will be our Illuminations night.

Day five 12/9- last full day! :( All day MK!!! we have no ADRs, and there is no Spectro, but that's okay. We will have seen the Christmas parade at MVMCP. end our night with Wishes!

Somewhere we're going to tour resorts for Christmas decorations - I want to see GF, WL, YC, BC and BWI. Wish me luck!

Day six - 12/10 we have an ADR at Ohana for breakfast at 9:10 and then we head off to the port for a three day cruise on the Wonder, a three-day cruise (sing it with me!)

Then on 12/13, the girls and I fly home and DH drives back with his sister. (She will have flown down earlier and met up with another sister in Ft. Myers and driven to WDW with them). DH has four sisters and three of them will be at WDW with us. Two of them and his mom will be cruising with us too.
Good thing I like my in-laws!!

There you have it. I'm going to be trying to do all the Christmas stuff I can, but I didn't want to pay for the candlelight processional package. We're going to stand outside it and listen for a while. We're going to try to see all the holiday storytellers at Epcot too. Busy, busy busy. That's why I'm relaxing with a tropical drink on the deck of the Wonder or the beach for three days!

Sorry that was so long, but Shawna asked, so I obliged!!
Oh, somewhere we have to try to meet up too!!! I'll be watching for you! We'll have to exchange numbers or something.

Thanks for the info!! I know where to hunt you!!! HA!!!! Well, we are staying right next door to each other!!! I am pretty sure Spectro is the night you are going to MK....we'll check and see!!!!
I will definitely be pming you with our cell #s so we can meet again....I think your plans are great....I know ya'll get up early, so you shoud have plenty of time to hit all those resorts and look at the decor...maybe in the evening after your group eats ya'll could do that. think about me when you go to the BC...we looove:love: that place!! If the CR doesn't totally carry us away...it'll be back to the BC next time!!!!

Well, I am down to 49 days !!!!! We are gonna work on countdown (up) calendars todays!!!

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if we just happened upon each other someday!
But I will definitely try to set something up!

I stayed at the CR in 2004 and liked it, but I am not wild about the theming. It has changed in terms of the CS place and now with BLT next door. We stayed in a garden wing (the one that is now BLT!) and had a lake view. (we watched the EWP - we heard music one night and thought, what the ** is that? Never knew it existed before that!) We're having a lake view this time too at BLT. I saw that the theming is similar. I guess I would have appreciated it more with the MK view. I loved the walk to MK and the monorail being so handy!! That is a huge advantage! I have so many resorts I want to stay at (I get to count AKL this trip even though it's only for one night!) Poly, BC/YC, POFQ, POP. Gee, so many are deluxe! Hee Hee!
I feel like I have done so many, but there are so many more. Let's see, I have stayed at: CBR, POR, Shades of Green (3 times), CR ASMovies, and now BLT and AKL. I guess that's not very many after all. I see many more trips in my future. ;)

OOOHHHHH yeah girl!! A trip for every resort...or two..we did a split one year..it wasn't as hard packing it all up to move as i thought it was gonna be....we did CR and GF. I gotta tell ya....the room we got at the GF wasn't any better quality wise than the BC!!!! I am sure the top dollar rooms at GF are way better as far as views... but I really like the BC better!!! So, add the Poly to that and that's the Deluxes we have stayed in... I do like watching the EWP and the fireworks from the CR...it's wonderful!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter