What will they need to check in??

DizneyLizzy

DIS Veteran
I know hotels require you to leave a credit card on file. Quick question regarding some younger gals...

My mom made a reservation for my sister (age 17) and her 4 friends (ages 17 & 18) for their 'senior week' trip next week to Disney. They are staying at the Beach Club in one room. The reservation is in my mom's name (she made it through Expedia), but she is NOT listed as one of the guests on the reservation. The room has been paid for in full with my mom's credit card.

When my sister and her friends check in, what will they need to show in terms of credit cards?

1) Should they bring my mom's credit card and show that?
2) My sister has a Visa debit card, but she's not 18, will she be able to show that?
3) My sisters' two 18 year old friends also have Visa debit cards, will those work?

If no one knows the answer to this definitively, my mom or I will just try calling the Beach Club directly. Just wanted to put it out there in case anyone has experience with this.

Thanks!

To my knowledge, Disney or any hotel - you have to be 18 to check into a room. As to checking in with the card the reservation was made on, if the trip is already paid for, this shouldn't be an issue - but if it isn't, one the 18 year olds would have to have their visa debit cards on hold for the length of their stay, and it would put a hold on funds in their accounts.

Also, your mother would not be able to give her credit card info over the phone to pay for the room or give it to your sister for that matter.

Maybe look into getting disney giftcards to cover the room charge if there's an issue. You can use them to pay for just about anything on Disney property.

Hope that helps!:flower3:

I know hotels require you to leave a credit card on file. Quick question regarding some younger gals...

My mom made a reservation for my sister (age 17) and her 4 friends (ages 17 & 18) for their 'senior week' trip next week to Disney. They are staying at the Beach Club in one room. The reservation is in my mom's name (she made it through Expedia), but she is NOT listed as one of the guests on the reservation. The room has been paid for in full with my mom's credit card.

When my sister and her friends check in, what will they need to show in terms of credit cards?

1) Should they bring my mom's credit card and show that?
2) My sister has a Visa debit card, but she's not 18, will she be able to show that?
3) My sisters' two 18 year old friends also have Visa debit cards, will those work?

If no one knows the answer to this definitively, my mom or I will just try calling the Beach Club directly. Just wanted to put it out there in case anyone has experience with this.

Thanks!

Disney does not require a cc to be put on file. A cc is needed for room charging privileges if you choose to do that, but other than that, no cc is needed at check in. Since 18 is the minimum age to book a room, one of the 18 year old girls will have to check in and present a photo ID. Other than a government issued ID, there nothing else is needed. Hope your sister and her friends have a great trip :goodvibes.

Disney does not require a cc to be put on file. A cc is needed for room charging privileges if you choose to do that, but other than that, no cc is needed at check in. Since 18 is the minimum age to book a room, one of the 18 year old girls will have to check in and present a photo ID. Other than a government issued ID, there nothing else is needed. Hope your sister and her friends have a great trip :goodvibes.

This. As long as the reservation is paid in full prior to arrival no further cards will be needed- but they will not have charging privileges on their room.

Thanks guys! Room is paid in full so they'll just make sure one of the 18 year olds checks in. They'll each use their own debit cards, cash, gift cards, etc to pay for stuff during the stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter