What will the Characters sign?

cdoc29

Cruising with the Crazies
So with the no more Mickey Mail I have a question about having things signed at character meet and greets. I saw someone post on another forum that the only thing characters will sign is "Official Disney" merchandise. I also saw on this same forum say that it has to have the said character at the meet and greet on it for them to sign. In other words a picture of Mickey couldn't be signed by anyone other than Mickey.

Has anyone had experience with this?

We just want to get a picture frame matte signed.

Thanks for any replies.

So with the no more Mickey Mail I have a question about having things signed at character meet and greets. I saw someone post on another forum that the only thing characters will sign is "Official Disney" merchandise. I also saw on this same forum say that it has to have the said character at the meet and greet on it for them to sign. In other words a picture of Mickey couldn't be signed by anyone other than Mickey.

Thanks for any replies.
AFAIK, they will only be signing autograph books at the meet and greets.

I guess it depends on who you speak to at dcl?
Someone reported here that they spoke to dcl shore side and they said autograph books only.
An editor at cruise critic spoke to dcl pr and they said this

Today, 11:43 AM
Erica@cruisecritic
user_offline.gif

Senior Editor

icon1.gif

FWIW, I reached out to Disney PR who confirmed no more Mickey Mail. The rep did say that they would add additional meet-and-greet autograph sessions with the characters to try to accommodate everyone, and that guests could bring anything to be signed, not just autograph books. You'll all just have to go on a cruise and report back if that's actually what's happening onboard!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=47302084&postcount=64

Well, the official rules that Characters are taught in training say that they can sign any autograph book, Disney branded merchandise (keeping with character integrity, the item would need to have that character on it), pictures of/with the character, Disney Dollars (although this invalidates them), and Clothing as long as you are not wearing it.

Another great way to get autographs from all the characters is to bring pillowcases. Buy a blank pillowcase or two (the limit is two), buy some markers and bring them up to information desk when you first get on the ship in a bag with the markers. Then you can tell them if you want the traditional characters (Mickey, Minnie, etc.), or the princesses to sign. Although the last time we went we couldn't choose, so they did both for us. Then you can greet the characters your whole cruise without having to worry about getting autographs. At the end of the cruise, they will give you your pillowcase(s) back with signatures from all the characters! Its really nifty and easy and you don't have to worry about it!

Another great way to get autographs from all the characters is to bring pillowcases. Buy a blank pillowcase or two (the limit is two), buy some markers and bring them up to information desk when you first get on the ship in a bag with the markers. Then you can tell them if you want the traditional characters (Mickey, Minnie, etc.), or the princesses to sign. Although the last time we went we couldn't choose, so they did both for us. Then you can greet the characters your whole cruise without having to worry about getting autographs. At the end of the cruise, they will give you your pillowcase(s) back with signatures from all the characters! Its really nifty and easy and you don't have to worry about it!

This has been discontinued by DCL over the next week.

This service is being discontinued later this week. Hence the reason for this question.

I just spoke to shoreside concierge about this on Monday. She told me they will sign my Mickey plate at meet and greets. They will sign items you bring as long as they are not obscene and they won't sign anything you are currently wearing or your skin. Oh, and no legal documents, lol!

I personally saw people having small photo mats signed in the Wonder. That and autograph books.

I had my pillowcase signed at the meet and greets in October. It was a bit of a hassle to bring it around, and it didn't look as nice as the ones from Mickey mail, but it was fun for dd to see the characters signing it. No one refused to do it, and we got signed by at least 20 characters.

No more Mickey Mail?? What a bummer. Glad I saw this before getting photo mats. We did pillowcases last time, and they were so cute.

Thanks for any replies.
We didn't have anything signed but I saw plenty of people that did and many of them were photo mats, autograph books, etc... I don't think you'll have any trouble.

We experienced what was reported...I reallllly wanted something signed by "Belle" but she was not doing any meet and greets. I asked at guest services and no bones, even though I KNOW those "characters" all know all the signatures.

I brought individual autograph cards for the characters and they signed those at the meet and greets. Buzz, Woody? and maybe Mr. Incredible were not signing...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter