What weight loss program are you following?

What program are you following?

• Weight Watchers

• Atkins

• TOPS

• Curves

• Jenny Craig

• Richard Simmons

• A program of my own.

Results are only viewable after voting.

tiggerlover

<font color=33CC99>Still waiting for "the talk"<br
There seems to be many different weight loss methods that our WISH group is following and it got me wondering how many are doing which program. I am sure I will be forgetting to include a program, so if I do not include yours let me know and I will see if I can edit it.

As for me, I have been following Weight Watchers and will complete my first 5 weeks tomorrow. As of today I am down 11 pounds, but I don't officially weigh in until tomorrow.

I just started and I'm new around here but I thought this would be really great and give me some motivation. Since I found out I was going to Disney last week I've been doing my own thing.

I lost 45 pounds over the process of a year and half but that was with TONS of cheating. I don't plan to do that this time. I followed some of the rules of LA Weightloss but now I'm just eating fruits and veggies, lots of chicken and cutting down on carbs.

I have to have a bowl of cereal in the morning though. Not having it is like chinese torture. :)

I voted Weight Watchers, but I'm doing Curves as well. The combination seems to be working well, as long as I stick to it!

Oh yeah, I'm supposed to be on my way to Curves right now!

Bye. ;)

I checked 'Atkins' but I would have to say that I am doing my own version of it! I just eat what makes me feel best and that seems to be low carb foods.

I'm another one to kind of make up my own thing. I have incorporated a lot more fruits, veggies, and low carb food into my daily intake but just can't cut out carbs altogther. I also cannot get myself to eat full fat cheese and whatnot. Too much anti-fat programming. Basically I strive to have at least 1 and ideally 2 carb free meals per day, no more sugary sweets, and exercise almost daily. It has allowed me to cheat some on the weekends and still post a loss for the week.

Of course the support I've received here is my daily motivation. If you all can do it so can I!

I'm now in maintenance, so I'm basically following my own program, so to speak. However, it is built on a framework taught by the health management clinic I used for weight-loss: Health Management Resources. It's a nationwide group of hospital-affiliated clinics. The core of their non-medically-supervised programs is something called Healthy Solutions, and it is based on years of research and studies that show that the following are postive contributors to weight-loss and weight-loss maintenance:

Healthy Solutions has two modes: "In the Box" days, and "In the Bigger Box" days. "In the Box" days require three meal replacement shakes (like EAS Myoplex Lite), two meal replacement entrees (like Lean Cuisine), and five large servings of fruits and vegetables (preferable three cups of lightly prepared vegetables, and two whole fruits [or similar amount, for large fruit like melons]). 3-2-5. These are MINIMUMS. You also can have a couple of snack replacement bars if you wish, but it isn't essential.

"In the Bigger Box" days aren't really any "official" part of Healthy Solutions, but once folks get into Maintenance they rarely do "In the Box" days -- I only do them once every few months to reinforce to myself that I still have that level of control over my eating when I want to. "In the Bigger Box" basically translates the meal replacement imperative into "three servings of lean protein." Also, certain vegetables that aren't necessarily recommended on "In the Box" days are allowed, like popcorn. Some people also expand their "Box" to include a limited amount of other low-calorie snacks.

Regardles of the "Box" the calorie balancing principle still applies: Calories In minus Calories Out is still kept in check.

So, in a nutshell, Healthy Solutions is a lot like Weight Watchers' Points system (although it is a bit older), in that you track calories (or Points, which roughly represent a certain number of calories), and you should also track numbers of servings of various types of nutritious foods.

Just your basic "diet and exercise."

I am trying to keep my daily calories to withing 1500 - 1800. And I am exercising 30 - 45 5 days a week. I allow myself to eat whatever I feel like eating, as long as I keep my daily calories "in check."

I'm eating the Atkins Way. It was tough at first because I felt like I was cheating or something, eating butter and full fat cheese. I think I will always feel a little guilty eating high fat because of all the brain washing but it is working so well for me. It's really working well for my husband, all of his "numbers" have dramatically improved, cholesterol, triglycerides and most dramatically and importantly, his blood sugar. His diabetes is under control for the first time in at least 15 years.

We started eating this way on 1/9/03 and haven't had bread, white flour or any caloric sweeteners since then. My husband says that if he never loses another pound he will follow the Atkins eating plan because he is so healthy now.

I'm trying to stick with the diet my DR gave me after my gall bladder surgery in Jan. I'm also exercising in the 30-45 min range at least 5 days/wk.

I do WW, and I also do the Curves exercise program (I don't follow their eating plan though). :)

I am somewhat following the WW diet. I am also doing the Walk Away the Pounds tapes (at least 2 miles 6 days a week), so if I want to eat something "special" I will just walk a little more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter