What was your shortest WDW trip and what did you do?

Surfinpiratee

DIS Veteran
I always see people who go for like 14 days! And I know I've read people who have gone like, 4 or 5 days. For those of you who have taken a shorter trip, what did you do each day?

I always see people who go for like 14 days! And I know I've read people who have gone like, 4 or 5 days. For those of you who have taken a shorter trip, what did you do each day?

My family usually goes for 10 nights/11 days, but next month I am leaving the family behind and going to food and wine and MNSSHP with my best friend! Next months trip is only 5 nights/6 days :faint:

I am a little panicked about the trip being so short but I have been so many times that I'm not really worried about hitting everything, and we will honestly spend a lot of time at food and wine anyway. :goodvibes

I went for Wed-Sun in June to visit DD. We stayed at Swan.
Day 1 Dinner off site Chevys at 10:30pm on way from airport
Day 2 breakfast Kat Cora on Boardwalk
Plan was for parks but it was lightening so we opted for shopping and lunch
pool then dinner in Celebration
Day 3 Tea at Grand Floridian
Epcot
Day 4 DTD, pool, shops
Day 5 home after breakfast at First Watch in Dr Phillips

We are going back for Thanksgiving and the plan is
Day 1 Wilderness lodge checkin
Epcot
Chefs de France dinner
Studios Osborne Lights
Day 2 Check out lodge and relax
Dinner at Whispering Canyon
Day 3 Magic Kingdom
Be Our Guest lunch
La Cellier in epcot Dinner
Epcot fireworks and possibly Candlelight procession
Day 4 Studios
Home evening

We go for short trips to see DD who is a CM. I would recommend a longer trip if you can swing it or it can feel rushed.
This will be my 26th trip!
Day 2

We're going for just 3 nights at the YC in a couple of weeks. It will the first vacation (ok, a mini vacation) without DS in way too many years (we're dropping him off at college in Melbourne)! We are part of the Magic Band testing and have 3 FP+ set up for both Friday and Saturday - Friday in DHS and Saturday in Epcot. Dining reservations at Kona for lunch the day we arrive and dinner reservations at Shula's one night. It is going to be REALLY strange to be there without DS, but I'm sure we'll figure it out. :scratchin ::yes::

My shortest trip was 2 nights. DH and I stayed at CR Tower MK view. We flew there early in the morning so we had the whole day. We swam, enjoyed the resort, and had a nice dinner. We didn't go to the parks, but on our 2nd day we went to MNSSHP. That day we were able to get in at 4pm even though the party didn't start until 7pm. We had a lot of time in the MK to ride what we wanted and the Halloween party was fantastic! The next day we left and had a late flight out so we got to enjoy another day at the resort. Even though it was only 2 nights, we had a relaxing, enjoyable trip.

It did help that the month after we went back with our kids for a week, so it was just a quick getaway for DH & I. ;)

Our first trip was 4 days and our next trip will be about 4 1/2 days. We will do each park for one day during our trip. Maybe skip some things and go back to a park if there is more we want to do. We go pretty regularly so if we miss some things this time, we will get them next time.

36 hours. My very first visit. Was in Florida for the College Football Championship game. Flew into MCO cause it was cheaper than Ft Lauderdale and I figured if I was in Florida I was going to WDW.

Checked in on a Tuesday night at 7 and checked out Thursday morn at 7. Did an evening at DTD, got up Wed morn and went to MK till about 1, then went shopping at the outlet had dinner offsite then back to the resort and a quick bus trip back to MK for Wishes.

Thought it would be a one off but loved the trip even if it was only one day and had to do the rest. Took me two years to get back, but I'm now planning my 5th and 6th trips.

3 nites & 3 days - it was a 50th birthday trip to see the candlelight processional & also osborne family lights - flew in on thursday - mk during the day - mgm at night - and then epcot the next day - half day in mk and home on sunday - quick and fun

Other than day trips, we never did more than 4 days until last year.

When I was in college, I went with my sister and stayed off-property for 3 nights, 3 park days for Spring Break. We did AK and HS in the same day, and a day for EPCOT, a day for MK.

When DD was 3, we met DH in Orlando and did 3 days, 4 nights at SoG and skipped AK and only did a half day at HS (mostly so DD could do ToT, otherwise we would have stuck to MK and EPCOT for the 3 days).

Since we have gone to Disney frequently, we don't look at it like 'giving up' doing anything but rather skipping things this trip that would be better suited later. For instance, since DD is taller and can handle walking more, we did AK on our trip last year and she enjoyed it immensely and I felt we got more from it than if we had to push her in a stroller the year before.

My shortest trip was in college with friends in the early 90s. Couldn't afford on-site (no All Stars at the time) and purchased 1-day 1-park tickets, which we used at Epcot, of course! Ate lunch at Biergarten and dinner at a counter service (can't remember which.) It was a little different from traveling with my parents and staying at Poly for 5-6 nights, but I loved it!

The All Stars opened the same month that I graduated from college and the timing was perfect! I remember how excited I was to be able to stay on-site on my recent college grad budget! I think that stay was three nights and we had park tickets for two days. I remember spending one day at MK and one day at Epcot.

Now, our stays range from two nights (on the way to the airport from my parents' condo in SW Florida) to eight nights for a full trip. And we've done everything in between. For the shorter trips, MK and Epcot are our priorities. If we have time for DHS, we'll add that next. We only go to AK if we're there for at least five nights and have four full park days.

We have gone for 6 days. 2 travel days and 4 park days and we did Epcot one day and park hopped the second day from HS to MK. Then on day 3 and 4 we went to IOA and US.

We typically go for 5 nights. I think the longest was 6 (or maybe 7) and the shortest has been 5. We just can't afford (time as well as money) to be gone for 14 days.

we often do 5 nights, i dont think we have done less but are doing 4 in jan. we have been so much we like to do one or two park days or just half easy park days and the rest at the resort. we know we will be back in a few months so we dont worry about getting a lot in.

We have done a number of three night trips. We do park hoppers and do MK, AK and HS in the morning and usually end up in Epcot at night. Always a trip to MK at night each trip.

Thursday-Sunday in late september 2012

It was my brother and I, and we stayed CL YC. I arrived around noon and he arrived around 4pm

Thursday: I arrived, checked in, and just kind of wandered around. I checked out a few of the monorail resorts and had a late lunch at Beaches and Cream
After my brother arrived, we headed to HS to ride tower of terror, then to Epcot to see Illumniatons. Then we went to Flying fish for dinner
Friday:morning and early afternoon at Animal kingdom (EMH) then afternoon/early evening at Fantasyland and MNSSHP
Saturday: Hollywood Studios
Sunday: Epcot, then home

One night at the Dolphin, and we hit the highlights at MK, HS, and Epcot all in one day. We were there for ropedrop at MK, and ended with Illuminations. Fun day.

3 nights/4 days....including flying on day 1 and day 4...December of last year.

We packed in as many holiday experiences as possible since we probably would never be back for the holidays while the kids were kids since my husband and I both work in public schools.

We met every character we wanted including: Mickey and Minnie in their holiday outfits in AK, Santa Goofy in HS, and Scrooge, Princesses with their Princes, Cinderella/P. Charming with the Tremaines, Peter & Wendy (she was just parties at the time), and the 7 Dwarves at MVMCP.

The only thing we didn't do was Candlelight Professional but we just couldn't make it all work. We still had a great time and are thrilled with all that we were able to get in.

Shortest trip was 5 nights . We go to 2 parks a day - one in the morning , back to resort to swim and rest - then second park in evening for supper and rides.

We're going for 2 nights in November because we bought VGF points and want to see what we've spent all that money for. Going to MVMCP first night; then probably spend most of the next day at EPCOT (lunch ADR at Chefs de France) and Studios, more of the same the next day after bkfast at the Wave, then fly home. Got a fairly decent air fare.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter