What was your first car/truck?

Us3

DIS Veteran
With all of the truck talk going on in another thread...I thought this might be a fun topic. What was the first car/truck/POJ (piece of junk) you drove?

My first POJ was a OLD Mazda rx-7 when I was 16

It was a SMOKIN' Pontiac. It burned oil so bad you could see it coming for miles and knew I was there an hour after I left. :lmao: I only kept it a short time while I saved up for another car. A very nice Buick.

It was a SMOKIN' Pontiac. It burned oil so bad you could see it coming for miles and knew I was there an hour after I left. :lmao: I only kept it a short time while I saved up for another car. A very nice Buick.

haha...my old car almost overheated and had an o ring (??) stuck...it was smokin' like crazy when I traded it in!:rolleyes1

Dodge Polaris (sp?) forget the year though want to say 65...this thing was a BOAT and an ugly green. Back door wouldn't open, the butterfly on the carb would freeze in the closed position while driving down the road and I would have to pull over and give it a pop with a screw driver to get started again!! :rotfl:

First car was a 1978 Ford Mustang King Cobra, Still have it to. Hence the screen name

1966 Chevy Impala. It belonged to a little old lady when my dad bought it for me. Very nice.:goodvibes Only problem: it was a 4 door. I had that car for about 16 years. Drove it to death. Toward the end, I took the back seat out and put in a plywood floor and used it to haul my floor cleaning equipment. :3dglasses

A banana yellow '72 VW Super Beetle. It fell into a couple hundres pieces in the dealer's lot when I drove it in there (barely) to pick up its replacement! But it was sweet while it lived!

baby poop green 1970 Chevy Nova II with 119,000 miles. Duct tape on the rear seats, eight track under the dash, am radio with ONE speaker, and used a quart of oil a week.....I really miss that car!:lovestruc

great thread!

1983 Chevy Chevette...that thing was slower than Jen's golf cart!

Learned to drive on a 78 ford fairmont station wagon :scared1: How embarrassing!

The first car I owned, 1968 Ford Mustang. I bought it when I was 16 for $100, it was a straight 6 auto, light green, like the new mustangs are trying to copy right now, that lasted about 2 days. I painted it a beautiful dark green metallic. The next spring my dad and I took the old 6 out of it, and dropped in a 450 horse 351w. That car would flat out fly. It had airplane gears so it had about an unlimited top end, and saw 160mph many many times. I seriously have no idea how I am still alive!

this is simular to the first truck i bought, never was able to drive it cause Dad wrapped it around a telephone pole when the u-bolts broke on the front axle.

fd650102.jpg

Frist car I owned was a 77 Jeep Cherokee, move on to an 80 Olds Cutlass Diesel, then to an 85 Cutlass Ciera, 80 Chevy Monte Carlo, 82 Cadillac Deville, 97 Nissan Sentra (First New Car), 99 Chevy Astro (First tow Vehicle), 02 GMC P/U & 98 Cadillac Deville...... Mostly a GM guy:thumbsup2

Dad bought us an old Oldmobile Vista Cruiser to drive to the school bus stop, the bus driver called home the first day she saw us drive off in it, we had a lot of land and looonnngg private driveway.

My first car was a 1983 Chevette; I purchased the beauty in 1997 for $125, a real steal.
Sadly, the first day I drove it was also its last.
On the way home from the Drivers License Center (just received my permit) I made a turn to wide (lack of power steering) went off the road, over a little cliff (about 7ft down), and landed slightly inside a lady’s house.
My sister, best friend, and I had to climb down out car because it was perched on a gas meter.
My parents were not very thrilled, the damage was around $25,000. The entire house needed resided due to asbestos siding.
The owner sent me a thank you card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter