What Was Your Favorite Summer Job?

LivngTheDisLife

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone!

I was wondering what your favorite/best summer jobs were. I'm hoping to get a part time job this summer to help me save up to go back to Disney (Hoping for September 2015). I'd really like to hear about some of the summer jobs you've had! Did you enjoy what you did? Did you make a good amount of money? and what type of job was it?(Cashier, camp counselor, fast food restaurant)

Thanks!

At Christmas time I worked at Santa Photos at a major resort. That was a good job. Last night I started a job as a Mexican Restraunt Hostess. I like it so far.

Well I've worked at a high end country club as an outside assistant for the golf course, but now I'm working at TGI Fridays as a host! It's sorta fun, and I love being around people. Interacting with the people that come in is really fun!

I'm not a teen, but when I was I spent summers working at the small amusement park/water park combination, Miracle Strip Amusement Park and Shipwreck Island Water Park (splash by day ... scream by night!). I ran rides at MSAP and was a lifeguard at SWI. The vast majority of the employees were HS students/recent graduates, so we were mostly 16-19, and I made a ton of friends. Pay wasn't fantastic, but I was a high schooler and didn't really care. Working at Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure was amazing, too. Ride operators have the most fun!! :D

I worked at concessions at my local pool last summer and made about 8.50 an hour. This summer I'm a lifeguard and I am making 9.50 an hour. :)

Didn't get paid, but had a lot of fun volunteering at my local library over the summer. Surrounded by books and air conditioning for 2 hours every Monday! If your library pays for stuff like this, you should def. check it out :)

I've only had one job and it's my current job. It's at a chicken fast food restaurant (any guesses? Idk if they're popular outside the south east). I used to hate it, now it's not so bad because I love my coworkers. I have so much fun working with them. Don't work in fast food unless you have to, I quickly discovered how mean customers can be. Luckily I live in a better off neighborhood so where I work is very nice.

MickeyisBeast said:
I've only had one job and it's my current job. It's at a chicken fast food restaurant (any guesses? Idk if they're popular outside the south east). I used to hate it, now it's not so bad because I love my coworkers. I have so much fun working with them. Don't work in fast food unless you have to, I quickly discovered how mean customers can be. Luckily I live in a better off neighborhood so where I work is very nice.

Chic-Fl-A? I have a few friends to work there and they feel very similarly to you.

I currently work as a princess at little kids' birthday parties. AT the beginning, they moved me around a bit with different princesses and even had me do a few fur characters for initiation. Now, I am locked in as their permanent Princess Anna. I have a lot of fun, but I am also severely underpaid. So, we'll see how long it lasts for me.

Didn't get paid, but I worked as a volunteered at a Rehabilitation Unit in a Hospital. My job was to wipe down and clean the mats and equipment that the patients used in rehab, fold towels, and also follow the Therapists and Patients with the Patients Wheel Chair when they were practicing walking.

I don't work and I haven't had a job yet, but I do volunteers at a resort for children who are ill. I love this place! It makes me happy to see children happy. They stay at this resort for a week and they get to go to WDW and other theme parks. Also at the resort in the morning some of the Disney Characters come to the resort to take pictures with the families. This place is filled with volunteers working from morning to night time. It's honestly the best volunteer place I've ever been to and it makes me happy knowing that I can help to make the families have the best stay here in FL. I pretty do anything that I want to do that's available for me. Things such at working as a concierge at the restaurant, cleaning up, serving food, operate carousel, and other rides. Also be a pool attendant, etc. I don't get paid obviously since it's volunteering but this is the best working experience I've ever had.

I never had a Summer job, but last Summer and also this Summer I volunteer 2-3 times per week at the Pediatric Hospital my Mom is an RN at. I get the patients water and juice refills, magazines/comics/coloring books with crayons if they want them and even just chat with them if they want. It is sad seeing these kids sick, but they smile when they have another kid like myself to just talk with or color with or something like that. I have also performed with my band on the unit a few acoustic songs we do just 2 weeks ago. It was a lot of fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!