What was your fave lunch buffet food? (not including brunch)

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by branv, Jun 27, 2005.

1. branv

branv <font color=blue>The safety feature in my parents

Since there's not alot of info on the lunch buffet foods, I was just wondering if anyone wants to share any particular food they loved? (and the rest of us can hope they'll be serving it on our next cruise ;) )

(oh yeah, piggy back question: does Scoops serve Milkshakes?)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. tigger53

tigger53 "It all started with a mouse!"

my favorite buffet food is when you board and i indulge in all the shrimp i want and boy do i ever indulge. i'm 13 days away from doing just that. :cool1: :banana: :goodvibes

4. Verandah Man

Verandah Man I "DREAM" of a "FANTASY" that is full of "MAGIC" & DIS Lifetime Sponsor

I like the jumbo shrimp and orange mango soup.

5. LAMPSKIES

LAMPSKIES <font color=blue>DIS Veteran<br><font color=green>

I ate so many shrimp my fingers shrivled up from all the water comming from the shrimp.........oh ya, don't forget about the beer!!!

6. Mickeyhugger

Mickeyhugger DIS Veteran

For DH, it was the shrimp and split crab (March 2002, didn't see it last year?) legs on seafood buffet day. For me, I LOVED the mini-burritos! :flower:

7. ldb1030

ldb1030 DIS Veteran

My favorite lunch was when we boarded because it was such a good feeling!!! To know it was just beginning and it would be a MAGICal week!! :banana: I probably could have eaten dirt and it would have tasted good because I was on the Magic!! :goodvibes

8. LAMPSKIES

LAMPSKIES <font color=blue>DIS Veteran<br><font color=green>

On Italia day at sea the buffett has the BEST italian buffett made to order where the omlets are made at breakfast.........

9. Mickeyhugger

Mickeyhugger DIS Veteran

OOOOOHHHHH yeah! I forgot how wonderful the italian buffet was! I can't wait to 'rediscover' other surprises on the next DCL. (We'll see you there lampy! :bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc )

10. pppiglet

pppiglet DIS Cast Member<br><font color=deeppink>Don't like

Darn we missed the Italian buffet, but I really liked the Asian Buffet at Topsiders. I did not care for the mexican buffet. They had no mexican food on it in my opinion except for the spanish rice.

11. DCL Repeaters

DCL Repeaters DCL addicts

MY favorie is the shrimp, mango soup, the jamaican patties, and of course the rice pudding.

12. kaykels

kaykels I'm traveling with DOPEY & GRUMPY!

The buffet on boarding day was the best. Add another vote for the Mango soup. It was Strawberry soup on one of my Wonder cruises. Yu-hum! Honestly, my favorite lunch item was the burgers by the pool. I OFTEN opted for them instead of the buffet items. Honestly, on a 7 night western, you'll probably be in port most days at lunch time (except the 2 sea days).

13. Eeyorefan12

Eeyorefan12 As soon as I saw you I knew an adventure was going

I second Ppiglet's vote for the Asian buffet...but it's only day three for us. :-) I wasn't thrilled with Italian yesterday--thought the pasta (in two different forms) was a bit "tough". The Asian was awesome and I only wish I could have stuffed more in. I tried at least 6 different dishes and was too stuffed to go back for the made-to-order stir fry. Bummer! (I still managed to get a couple fortune cookies down. LOL!)

CB

14. logan1_2000

logan1_2000 <font color=indigo>DIS Veteran<br><font color=red>

Shrimp on embarkation day earns honorable mention, and the asian stir fry to order as well.

15. Jrsy Boy

Jrsy Boy DIS Veteran<br><font color=red>You can tell I'm ma

Salmon "burgers" and bbq'd ribs at Cookie's on Castaway Cay.
    Sushi at the seafood buffet.
    Bagels with lox & cream cheese at Parrot Cay breakfast buffet (this was still a favorite even by the time I got to lunch).
    Pretty much everything on the dessert buffets.

16. Jsme

Jsme DIS Veteran

I have to say the Lobster Burgers at Cookie's at CC, the Asian buffet was nice, the Mexican buffet, shrimp, and sushi.

17. OurDogCisco

OurDogCisco DIS Veteran

LOL.... I only ate lunch twice on the 7 day cruise... The day we arrived and the day at Castaway Cay... Never was hungry enough for lunch... So, it is nice to hear they actually serve some different types of buffett lunches..

18. branv

branv <font color=blue>The safety feature in my parents

Does...not..compute ;)

19. mickey2000

mickey2000 Pin trader

IMO the buffet at the top of the ship was very poor with cold food. My 4 other cruises on NCL, Princess & RCCL had much better prepared food. I know you said not to include brunch, however Palo brunch was best for us at lunch!! It was great! :earsboy:

20. KEH

KEH DIS Cast Member<br><font color="green">The Tag Fai

Another vote for the orange mango soup and for the Italian buffet.

Also if desserts count, there was an awesome chocolate brioche at Topsiders one day which the CM suggested we have with a vanilla sauce that was actually meant for going with a different dessert. It was one of the most delicious things I have ever eaten - up there with the Palo souffle and the chocolate lava cake.

21. lbgraves

lbgraves Little Cinderella's Mommy

My favorite is the Asian buffet. They have the chef station in Parrot Cay too.