• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What was wrong with EE on friday 5/22?

BLRsemisurf

Earning My Ears
So we were lucky enough to make it through Animal Kingdom (for the first time!) friday morning (5/22) before the crazy storms came through. Unfortuntely, we were in the last room for Expedition Everest, just before you get on the ride, and some crazed out CM came running through saying the were closing the ride due to "technical difficulties". FINALLY, the let us out and handed out expired fast passes that we could used later in the day. I asked the CM about what time they expected it to be open and she gave me a look of "please dont ask, because we dont know whats going on" and told me she really wasnt sure. AKA they werent going to reopen. We asked another CM what was wrong and they told us the same line of "technical difficulties". So does anyone know what suddenly happened!? the line was moving fast and nothing crazy seemed to happen from my view in line...any ideas?

your mistake was not asking your bus driver on the way back to the resort, he would have been able to answer your question.

We were there on 5-17-09 and the coaster was stopped on one of the big hills. They got everyone out of the cars and they had to walk out of the attraction.

We were there on 5-17-09 and the coaster was stopped on one of the big hills. They got everyone out of the cars and they had to walk out of the attraction.

that would be an interesting experience! ps. Hi fellow Central Illinoiser!! =) :wave2:

I guess I'm a little slow this time of morning, but what did I miss? I'm confused by the above responses.:confused3

Oh haha...

A little while ago, maybe a week or 2, someone asked "Anyone Know What Happened at TT on 5/16?" Or something like that, I don't remember what the title was but everyone else wanted to know so everyone was just posting a popcorn:: I believe most of them were doing it to subscribe but there were like 3-4 pages of just people posting popcorn:: . It became a joke to most and some people got angry.

Then a couple of days later, another thread came up with "What Happened at AK Today?" where the samething happened with interested people... which also became a joke.

Now, it seems like we're starting it again.

That's all :)

We rode it on Thurs. the 21st with no problems (before the rain began AGAIN) We only had to wait about 10 minutes in line if that.

I was actually there. I know why the CM was so crazed. He came running out after the train behind us finished the ride because they had replaced the Yeti with this guy. . .
obladen.jpg

Apparently, Osama was in A mode and reached out and took a swipe at the train. Go figure! :confused3

Maybe the Yeti finally started working and the CM's wanted to ride it before it broke down for another year or so.

Maybe the Yeti finally started working and the CM's wanted to ride it before it broke down for another year or so.

I know that you're just joking, but to be clear for those who may not know:

The yeti is not "broken down." The yeti is fully able to operate.

The problem is that they can't OPERATE the yeti because it is
not ANCHORED to the mountings safely.

The yeti is so HEAVY that, when it moves, it causes so much stress to the
mountings that it has cracked the support system.

In order to repair the mountings, reports are that they must (at least partially) remove the yeti.
To do that, they must shut down the attraction for a period of time.

Instead of closing the attraction, they have elected to simply not "power" the yeti (for the time-being) and just light the (motionless) yeti with a flashing strobe light.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter