What was/is your MUST have souviner??

IloveWINNIEthePOOH

<font color=blue>Promises to wear sweat absorbing
Thought this might be a fun subject to bring up!! :wave2:

What is a souviner you bought from WDW and will never regret...corny or not :teeth: ........or what it a souvenir you buy everytime you go to WDW..... or what is a souviner you want to buy, but can't afford/can't find an excuse to buy, etc?

The things we always buy are: magnet & pin from resort we're staying at, pin with the year on it, and an ornament with the year on it.

Things I'd like to get back hav no money for: lots and lots of artwork

Souvie we bought that we'll never regret: everything we buy is always someting we specifically planned on getting, which I've just mentioned. The only thing we "randomly" bought was a sketch of Robin Hood & Maid Marian (with a frame) because I'm a huge Robin Hood fan.

I didn't buy it, but my brother-in-law bought my sister one of those crystals they sell at Mouse Gears in Epcot. It is a rectangular crystal cube and had a picture of the castle etched inside with the girl's picture in their mouse ears and the year. The thing I can't bring myself to actually buy is the crystal Mickey head with the castle etched inside it. I love it, but can't bring myself to shell out the $300 it costs!

I always bring home coffee mugs. I have a huge collection of Disney mugs and always manage to find five or six new ones to bring home every trip.
I love them because each morning when I pick out which mug to have my coffee in, I think of our Disney trips!

:earsboy: I'm going for the first time in 23 years with my DS8 and I plan on getting the 50th anniversary Pal Mickey to entertain us in the parks, and a set of personalized Mickey ears for both of us. Maybe GOH badges too!

Everyone, no matter what the age, needs to have at least one pair of ears! (Isn't it a rite of passage or something?) :earsboy: Also, I'm taking dd5 for her first trip and am having her wear the same bucket-type hat I wore when I first went! It's a little faded, but I just love looking at the old drawing style of the characters, esp. Pooh! :goodvibes

Not really Disney related, but every time I go to Florida, I pick up some type of shell jewelry. I've done it since I was a kid. I also get a picture frame each time I'm at Disney World!

Every trip, I get a keychain (I have a collection that's currently at 415!). And every trip each of us gets some type of shirt (tee, sweat, golf...you get the idea). Also, we buy a coffee mug for each trip, a CD of Disney music, and since I started to scrapbook three trips ago, a scrapbook. (you weren't limiting us to just ONE souviner, were you?) :wave:

We did really good on our trip. We bought key chains, t-shirts, mugs, pens, visors, antenna heads, picture frame, Mickey ears (Socerer's hat)...and we use every bit of it. I still wear my t-shirts often and the rest of the family wears theirs too. I use my refillable mug all the time. My dd uses her Pooh sippy cup. The tings that gets used the least is the Socerer's hat, but that's ok. We still love it! Everyone we gave souviners too still use their stuff too. princess: princess:

One that I bought and don't regret: An ostrich egg on a elephant tusk(fake) stand that has pics of savannah animals decollataged?? on it. It was in the AK, and I had been wanting to get it for the past 3 years. Finally got it on this last trip and I'm looking at it right now!

As for the must haves' on every trip- a Christmas ornament with the year, a baseball hat, and a hooded sweatshirt.

I go for the mugs, I always say before I leave Pa that this time I am not buying any more mugs but guess what you know the deal I always find an excuse and ends up with 1 or 2 mugs :rotfl2:

It seems that we get key chains and pins...Well we never did get a pin for CBR when we were there in April of 04 and this time we gotta get one. Also, I get one of the hockey jerseys and DW will probably get some charms for her bracelet...We also get something with the year on it and a picture frame and photo album...

:sunny: :flower: :sunny: :flower: :sunny:
Pins-resort & trams, coffee mugs, photo album & a swizzle stick from the lounge where DH & I have a 'date' by ourselves--
DOG HATS :jester: --got the birthday cake & pink princess hat, must get Christmas tree in Nov/Dec

I want the shower curtain from VWL,
but can't find one, on Ebay or stores--even called WL & can't buy one, so evidently, as they say, "Priceless"!

Jean

I have bought two great souveniers at WDW--a black hoodie which I wore until the zipper wore out, and then I just wore it out, and a tie-dyed dashiki I found at AKL. I wear the dashiki all the time--my kids are moritfied, it's soo gaudy. But it's floor-length and very lightweight, so it's comfortable to wear and sleep in. It was expensive, but I didn't buy a lkot of other useless stuff so it was worth it to me.

When we were at Ca DL last year, the women and girls all were wearing
the disney headbands with the red dotted minnie mouse bows and black
ears. I have to get these this time! I already told DH :smooth: the first
one I see I am buying and wearing proudly immediately! ::MinnieMo
Oh yeah, and a mickey car antennae thingy! :goodvibes

Christmas oranaments. I love Xmas and collect Hallmark oranments so I always pick up some Xmas articles. Never regreted any of them except the price tag.

I like to pick up a magnet or two and I always buy some kind of sleep shirt :)

My husband and I have started a tradition. We each buy something for the other. This past trip he got me Stitch nightgown, and I got him a Kermit t-shirt at MGM :)

I'm a big souvenir fan, and we get a lot every time we go. T-shirts for the kids, to remember that we went, a photo album, picture frames, the kids will spend some of their money in the big Toontown store near Mickey's house, things like that. Some of the big things we have got in the last couple years are: the pictures you can make in the store after Star Tours, where they can superimpose your picture in a Star Wars scene. DS is a huge Star Wars fan, so that was great (expensive, but priceless)! The first time we went, we had the artists in the Main Street shops draw something the kids wanted that you choose out of their books (DS got Mickey, DD got Cinderella), and had the artist personalize it for the kids, with names, dates, etc... This was something really special that we had framed and they can always remember the first time they went.

I also get a watch every year we go. In 2003, I got a really nice one from the jeweler on Main Street, it was a limited edition Fossil watch with a blue face, the 4 icons of WDW and a big silver "2003" in the face. Looks really nice. Last year, I got a gold Citizen watch, with a gold Mickey mouse lightly imprinted on the face. Also very nice. Expensive items, but you can only get them on Main Street, especially the limited editions.

Since my dd was born, we always get her silhouette done in MK. These are inexpensive, and are a great way to see her change throughout the years! Not to mention that I get a copy, and the "extra" copy can be a souvenier for Mimi! ;)

Now, I'm just trying to figure out what kind of economical souveniers I can take back for her preschool class when we go in October!

Last year when we went I got the WDW CD. Really debated this as at the time I didn't have a CD player (okay, I know I'm living in the dark ages). I bought a CD player so I could listen to it :) and it ended up being my favorite souvie.

My daughter always gets a few new pins and my son collects the die cast ride vehicles.

We usually get some sort of shirt for each of us too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter