What was Chef Mickey's before it was Chef Mickey's?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by heatherandnick, Aug 16, 2011.

1. heatherandnick

heatherandnick DIS Veteran

From when I was a kid (80s-90s), I remember eating at the CR in a great place. I remember greenery/plants and sitting in sort of a gazebo. I don't even think it had characters, but maybe.
    Just wondering what this place was because I remember it much differently than what i saw at CM a couple years ago.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. CAJUNWDWFAN

CAJUNWDWFAN Do or Do Not, There is No Try!

back in the late 70's and maybe into the 80's there were two restaraunts, The Pueblo Room and the Terrace Cafe. Not sure which was Chef Mickey's.

4. BriarRosie

BriarRosie <font color=blue>Creator of Tag Fairy Haiku:<br>Cl

I seem to remember it was a buffeteria. I think Crystal Palace used to be a buffeteria, as well. Disney loved those buffeterias back then. :laughing:

5. crazy4wdw

crazy4wdw DIS Veteran

It was also named Contemporary Cafe, Terrace Buffeteria, and Grand Canyon Terrace

6. skylilly

skylilly Mouseketeer

I don't remember what was there but Chef Mickey's in the 80's was at Downtown disney. My kids loved to eat at Chef Mickeys.

7. minnie mum

minnie mum Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

I remember taking our 2 DDs for their first character breakfast there waaaay back in 1983. IIRC it was then called the Grand Canyon Terrace. And yes, Chef Mickeys was in what was then called Disney World Village (Marketplace?)

8. Kae

Kae DIS Veteran

We loved it. it was the first place DH & I ever ate at together. Great Food & views.

Kae