What videographer and photographer did you choose?

ead79

<font color=#FF0066>Disney Bride!<br><font color=v
What videographer and photographer did you choose and if you've already had your wedding, were you happy with them? As far as videography goes, I have talked to Andy Hutchinson from Video Magic on the phone (their website is www.videomagiconline.com ), and he seems really professional. He also sent me some samples which were outstanding. I haven't seen many photography websites, so I don't have any clue about photographers. I was considering going with Disney Photography. Any opinions are greatly appreciated!
--Elisabeth

Hi Elisabeth!

I used Jon Thomas photography. It was once of the names on the Disney list at the time. They were very expensive but the albums were beautiful. The only thing I would have chanaged was the number of proofs we received. I can't remember the eaxct number taken but I seemed to recall wishing there were more there.

My videographer was my husband's aunt. She offered to do it for us as a amateur. And, while we really would have liked a professional video, it was a great cost saver.

Good luck!
:D

Elizabeth

My fiance and I are useing Randy Champman! His prices are great! We are using Disney for the video and also for the in-park photo session the next day! Have you visited Disneymooners on Yahoo? Its the greatest or the unoffical wedding guide for WDW?

Cast Member Tinkerbell

Sure have, CM Tinkerbell! I'm on the DM list and I have visited Andrea's site a lot. :) Does Randy Chapman have a website? I've heard great things about him!

We used Disney for the photography and A MAgic Moment for video. Disney was not offering Video at the time. A Magic Moment was the company used by Regis and Kathy Lee a few years back when they did the Valentine's week of weddings. We love watching the video (yes even the DH watches it). David, the primary videographer, had just returned from his own honeymoon when he filmed ours.

Elizabeth

Yes, Randy has a web page but I cannot think of it off the top of my head. I had to put a new harddrive on my computer about a month ago and I lost most of my links. But there is a link from the unoffical wedding guide under vendors! He is awsome. His prices are great and you get to keep your negatives!

Cast Member Tinkerbell or AKA MEBS_Tinkerbell on Disneymooners!

using Damon Tucci. We are not having a videographer (other than my brother in law.)

Damon's Website is www.damontucciphotography.com. He used to work for Disney Photographic Services but recently went out on his own. He is a super super nice guy and I really love his style.

Used Luken's Photography - came out great! I highly recommend. He was a pleasure to work with too.
Used Artistic Video - not "perfect" but came out nice & the price was great.
Let me know if you want more details.

We used Christopher Yates photography in Winter Park. www.christopheryates.com We looked at photographers in all price ranges (I know we looked into Jon Thomas and Disney Photography), but once we saw Christopher Yate's work, we had a tough time going with anyone else. They were definitely on the higher end of the price range, but well worth it. I remember budgeting *way* less for photography, but am soooo happy that we splurged a bit here. This is *the* documentation that you'll have of your special day and the once place I"d recommend splurging over all others.

He had some wonderfully creative ideas and all of the photos turned out just spectacular. We ended up having two wedding albums made because we had such a tough time choosing from the proofs. We did not want a videographer because the bright lights from the two photographers were enough outside. My husband and I have been to so many weddings where you are out on the dance floor and the videographers are following the bride and groom around like it's an eyewitness news team. There was just too much light and intrusion for our taste. I think that they can really change the mood and feel of a wedding. Any more bright lights would have spoiled the atmosphere that we worked so hard to create with Disney. We had lots of family members who video taped the ceremony and long portions of the reception which was more than enough for us. We took a few of those video tapes and had them spliced together with music at a local videographer (and for *much* less than hiring a videographer for the whole affair) after we returned home from our honeymoon.

Laura

I am using Randy Chapman for Photography. I will give a full review after my wedding on August 24, 2001 and post pictures. But I can say that he has been WONDERFUL to work with so far, and he is the sweetest person! He has helped me so much in the planning of my wedding, and has even helped me reach some of my vendors in Orlando. He has been great! And his prices are among the best out there. His website is: http://www.chapmanphotography.com

For Videography, I am using Patrick Lyons. His website is http://www.lyonsvideo.com . Like Randy, he has great prices as well. And he and Randy have done many weddings together, and are used to work in concert. Patrick is also very nice, and I have enjoyed my contact with his as well.

As for Disney Photography... we are using DPS to have the Magic Kingdom In-Park Bridal Photo Session prior to our wedding. I've seen pictures from this, and they are beautiful!! I have also seen photos that DPS has done for weddings, and I know people who have had DPS have loved them. They are a little on the pricey side, I will say, but using them DOES count towards your minimums!! And DPS now offers Videography, and I know one Disneymooner who used them and absolutely loved her video.

Broadway Fotographics did a great job for us at a wonderful price. We had the photos before we left to come back home - the photographer had them developed and delivered to our resort about 4 days later. We also got to keep all of our negatives at no extra cost.

We used Disney Photographic for our wedding two years ago & the pics were fabulous. That day, Rev. Tim told my DH that we were lucky and had the best photographer that Disney had on staff. I don't remember his name off-hand, but his assistant was his cousin (or some other relative). If anyone needs his name, I can dig through my paperwork and try to find out for you - just email me.

We choose Disney mainly since it counted towards our minimum expenditure and we were trying hard to keep the cost of the wedding to Disney's required minimum (using an outside vendor would've added alot more $$$ to our total). So, we didn't even look anywhere else - but we were thrilled with the results!

for us!

We wanted one stop shopping with our wedding.. and didn't look outside.. but we got Mike Strickland from DPS and he is AMAZING.. not only is he a hugely talented photographer.. but he also is HILARIOUS :) A great personality to have around on your wedding day :)

He had his assitant Chris there and he was awesome too.. we have wonderful photos.. we love all of them (we had Mike for the Magic Kingdom photos the day after too.. we had a great time that morning!) ..

You can see some of our photos on our website.. or on the disney wedding website (we are featured wedding couple - "A Family Affair" :) )

and of course DPS counts towards your minimum..

:)
beth

We're using LP Video for both our photography and video. I cried when I watched the video they sent me!

They have a website. I think it's www.lp-video.com

I might be wrong though. You can find it on Andrea's unofficial wedding website.

Camille

I used Chris McCallister from Southern Cross Photographies. He was EXCELLENT. I also used real wedding videos for the video, but I haven't gotten the videos back yet. I would highly recommend Chris.

were using randy chapman for photography & stan of stvs wedding videos for our march 21st 2006 wedding. randy did a great job on our engagement photos & stan has been helpful & nice on the phone.

Im also using Randy for Photography and Stan from STVS for our video! They are both really helpful and have worked loads together!

We are not doing video. For photography, I am going with Amy Pezzicara. She is based in Tampa, and creates some beautiful portraits. Her website is www.pezzphoto.com. Her style is similar to Karla Fountain, but I felt she suited our style a bit more.

We're using Karla Fountain for photography and haven't decided on who to use for video yet...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter