What type of swimsuit to wear at TL?

maryj11

DIS Veteran
I know you cannot wear one with buckles or metal snaps and such. I have read wear a one piece but will a tankini and swim shorts work? Are the slides that rough you could loose half your suit if it isnt a one piece? :laughing: Just wondered what everyone else wears ? Thanks for any help we are swimsuit shopping soon and we are trying to figure out what types we need.
I also wanted to know should we buy a water proof case for our keys , money ect. or will that stuff be safe in the locker ?

I wear a tankini and haven't really noticed the floating up problem. You are walking around all day in your suit, so mainly something you are comfortable in that fits properly will do. I say no to butt floss!:teeth:

I wear a tankini and haven't really noticed the floating up problem. You are walking around all day in your suit, so mainly something you are comfortable in that fits properly will do. I say no to butt floss!:teeth:
Thanks I really do not like one piece and a bikini is out of the question :rotfl:

Should we get a water proof case for money , keys ect.. or will they be alright in the locker and use our magic band for food?

I always do a locker. They are cheap just make sure to keep the key secured to you. I like to loop it through the loop on my swim shorts. My female friends loop it through the strap of their tops. Tankinis are fine as long as they are tighter. I also can recommend rash guard tops with built in spf protection.

I always do a locker. They are cheap just make sure to keep the key secured to you. I like to loop it through the loop on my swim shorts. My female friends loop it through the strap of their tops. Tankinis are fine as long as they are tighter. I also can recommend rash guard tops with built in spf protection.
Thanks ! I never thought about rash guard tops.

I have never heard or had a tankini float up and I wear them a lot. My tankini are tight fitting throughout. Perhaps that poster was thinking about a swim dress or a flowing/loose fitting top that flares at the bottom? Not sure.
Rash guards are a good idea. I do not like one pieces for trying to use the restroom in a wet one piece. swim shorts are fine as well. Depending on how loose your swim shorts are, you might want to consider a bikini bottom under them. I am not sure if you mean tight swim shorts, boyshorts, or looser fitting (boy style) swim shorts which some ladies are now wearing.

If you're a bit "fluffy" I've had good luck wearing near knee length yoga pants and a t shirt style rash shirt. It essentially let's me swim in shorts and a t shirt. The yoga pants don't bunch, float or ride up like the larger swimming shorts do.

Gotta layoff those Mickey bars!

If you're a bit "fluffy" I've had good luck wearing near knee length yoga pants and a t shirt style rash shirt. It essentially let's me swim in shorts and a t shirt. The yoga pants don't bunch, float or ride up like the larger swimming shorts do.

Gotta layoff those Mickey bars!
Yeah that sounds like a good idea. They do have those long swim shorts that are kind of like yoga pants.

If you go that route it's important that the shorts be tight enogh to hug your shape but not squeeze it. Any loose at all and they bunch and creep. It seems backwards to wear tight shorts when fluffy, but it doesn't look bad at all. Even my young adult kids liked the look. Note that the yoga pants I wear are not official swim shorts. But the $10 Walmart special I wore last summer lasted all season.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter