What type of "grab and go" things are available at POR

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by -Hope-, Dec 21, 2009.

1. -Hope-

-Hope- Always dreaming of adventure...

Just wondering... we are doing the DDP and are bringing some snacks with us so won't really need much but would like to have a few provisions like beer for dh and maybe a 1/2 gallon of milk for cereal in the morning. Also do they have small coolers? If not we can always pack a softsided collapsible cooler in our checked bag but thought someting sturdier might keep the ice better.

Also, we aren't actually staying at POR- we are doing DTD our first night in and were just going to take the water taxi over and stock up on some things. We're staying at ASMu- would we be able to get what we need there or is the trip over to POR worth it? (Keeping in mind that I'm actually looking forward to the water taxi experience).

TIA!!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. kymom99

kymom99 DIS Veteran

The grab n go is the same at most resorts. If you want a 1/2 gallon of milk you will ned to go to the resort gift shop.

Be careful of those soft coolers. They tend to leak.

4. Practically_Perfect

Practically_Perfect Mouseketeer

The gift shop at POR (Fulton's) has all the things you mentioned, but you would be paying OOP instead of using the DDP (I wasn't clear if that's what you had wanted to do or not). They have things like beer, milk, cereal, chips, cookies, etc. I'm not certain as I haven't stayed at ASMu, but their gift shop may have the same thing.

However, I do highly recommend the boat ride to POR from DTD - you get to pass the "new" Treehouse Villas and see SSR and OKW(?) from the water. It was one of the things my little DB8 was looking forward to the whole week we stayed at POR. :goodvibes

5. -Hope-

-Hope- Always dreaming of adventure...

Thanks, I guess I just thought that since POR gift shop with grab and go convenience items is actually mentioned on several sites while other gift shops aren't that it must be something special. :confused3

And I agree about the soft cooler- we'd keep it in the tub. :rolleyes:

Yep, I knew it would be OOP, I just mentioned DDP to illustrate that I wouldn't be needing to pick up much. Honestly I think beer for my dad and dh will be the main thing besides the milk. And I think the water taxi is gonna be fun- we'll do it even if we don't need to and while we're at it we'll keep our fingers crossed for a gator spotting. :thumbsup2

ETA: The info I'm seeing doesn't refer to the gift shop, Fulton's- it is referring to grab and go items in Riverside Mill, the CS at POR. I don't know if that makes a difference or not in what is available?